2018 Winter Olympics - Pyeongchang, South Korea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slaw wrote: View Post
    A good friend of ours is pretty tied in to the curling world (and it is its own world, it's pretty crazy) and he was saying to me over lunch the other day that the general consensus with Homan is that they went in thinking they would roll everyone and weren't prepared - they were too busy planning out how they were going to cash in on their gold medals. Apparently, they could have had their pick of coaches (we've only got all the greatest curlers in history sitting around Canada) but the skip doesn't like to be criticized and won't take advice, so they basically picked a nobody that they could safely ignore and wouldn't have to credit. They also could have apparently had their pick of fifths but settled on someone who had been out of competitive curling for years.
    slaw dropping that juicy curling gossip.

I dunno, I heard some rumblings about drama w.r.t. their 5th but didn't think much of it considering there was much more to make of the fact that she was missing the fundamental shots all week.

Comment

Gold and silver in ski cross!

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
        Gold and silver in ski cross!
        And we move into 2nd overall! Killing it!

Comment

Kim Boutin will carry the flag at the closing ceremonies.

Normally I would say it should be a gold medal winner but she did win 3 medals, and did so in the face of some online harassment and death threats from the Korean "internet people in their basements" as Casey would call them. Good for her!

Craziest story of the Olympics for me is Ester Ledecka winning gold in both alpine skiing super-G and snowboarding parallel GS. Amazing athlete.

Also I think Craig McMorris should commentate every sport at all times, dude is hilarious.
          Last edited by KHD; Sat Feb 24, 2018, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Canadian skier, wife and manager are all arrested in Pyeongchang after drunkenly stealing a Hummer and taking it for a joyride

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ng-Hummer.html

Comment

Those Norwegians are pretty out there .. Lol

Comment

Working...
              X