• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i absolutely LOATHE the broncos so i'll be rooting for the panthers

watching Palmer completely fall apart was wonderful
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
      That was a severe butt kicking (and something else as well).

Havent seen a physical display of massiveness, strength,accuracy and cannon for an arm in a QB for quite some time/ever?

Cam is a behemoth and seems unafraid too. Just wow.

I think the Panthers are better than 4 points on a neutral field. They have a good supporting cast on both sides of the ball. Not sure if their one weakness, cornerback/safety, is that much of an issue with the now weak arm of My Peyton.

Put your house on the black cats (says the pussy when it comes to big bets!).

Oh...and that was good viewing seeing Bradylicious on his derrier so often.
      I think he's the same guy he was a couple years ago except now he's healthy and the team has grown together. The scary thing is that they've been missing their star receiver all season.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        I think he's the same guy he was a couple years ago except now he's healthy and the team has grown together. The scary thing is that they've been missing their star receiver all season.
        So, he plays in pain too?!!

Most of these guys do. Your man Rodgers is a good example

Comment

So, he plays in pain too?!!

Most of these guys do. Your man Rodgers is a good example
          I think the expectation is that everyone plays through pain unless the injury is serious or could become serious.

Comment

• I'm cheering for the Panthers to win it all.

I had kind of resigned myself to the thought that the Patriots would be in the Superbowl, so I had put my hopes in an NFC power and my 9 yr old self had Panthers shorts, so that is enough lol.

Although part of my would like to see Peyton win another ring.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I think I'm going to root for Manning and the Broncos. This will probably be his last game and what a way to go out.

Comment

• But emotions aside....with the spread being -4.5 (for the Panthers) which team would you bet on (football considerations only)?

Panthers for me.

Comment

• The Panthers look like the obvious choice but the Broncos have the pieces to control the ball and turn it into a low scoring affair that anyone could win. Betting on the Broncos would net you a bigger return if they can pull it out.

The Panthers have never been to the Super Bowl before. Its not like a regular season game and they're not facing a pass heavy team with their starting QB's throwing hand all messed up.

I expect the Broncos to grind it with Manning serving as a game manager more than anything. Denver has a great D and this is why they made it here.

Using a max protection against a four-man rush can be perilous because it leaves seven defenders guarding the remaining three eligible receivers. (These seven-on-three advantages are what the Giants used to capitalize on with their NASCAR pass rush.) In the Broncos’ case, it’s extra valuable because they play so much man coverage. Ask yourself: When the Panthers go max protection, what happens with the man defenders who are assigned to the No. 2 tight end and running back? In Denver’s scheme, this is generally linebackers Danny Trevathan and Brandon Marshall. If the tight end and back stay in as blockers, Trevathan and Marshall, instead of just standing and watching, could blitz. (In football parlance, this is known as a “green dog blitz”—the Broncos do it often.) Or when the tight end and back block, Trevathan and Marshall could spy Newton, eliminating the quarterback’s scrambles. That would force Newton to stay in the pocket that Ware and Miller are collapsing. Newton would surely have to hold the ball here because not only would there be two linebackers eyeing him underneath, but there’d also be two safeties playing over the top. That’s in addition to three superb corners— Chris Harris, Aqib Talib and Bradley Roby—shadowing the wide receivers.
                  The more you think about that scenario, the more more troubling it becomes for Carolina. So what will Newton, offensive coordinator Mike Shula and coach Ron Rivera do? Will they consider calling fewer max protections and hoping their O-linemen can survive in a six-man protection? Or even in the occasional minimum five-man protection?
                  The difference is far greater than simply having one fewer guy blocking. In max protection, with the entire O-line sliding one way, those linemen are zone-blocking. But in a six-man protection, some linemen will have to go one-on-one as man-blockers. You can’t slide all five linemen against a straight four-man rush because the extra blocker—either a tight end or running back—is left one-on-one against the defensive end (the ultimate mismatch).
                  The Panthers must mix protection concepts to keep Denver’s pass rushers thinking rather than just exploding off the snap. This will include six-man protections that have only three linemen sliding in zone and the other two blocking man-to-man (a common football tactic and one of Carolina’s staples).
                  And then there’s the usual cliché: Players will have to step up. Blockers will have to win some one-on-one fights against an athletically superior pass rusher. Receivers will have to beat some double-teams. Shula will have to get creative and really use his running game to set up his aerial strikes—something he does well. And Newton will have to make the types of plays that live up to his Superman gesture. None of it will be easy. But no one ever said winning a Super Bowl is.
                  http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/01/25/n...imate-mismatch

Comment

But emotions aside....with the spread being -4.5 (for the Panthers) which team would you bet on (football considerations only)?

Panthers for me.

I'd stay put. At least for now. Panthers value may shrink few days before the SuperBowl. In short, it's too early to bet on this game. Betting too early equals big mistake in betting world By the way... Since 99/2000 SuperBowl, NFL's top scoring team has made SB 7 times, those teams won SB only twice and went 1-5-1 against the spread. Defence wins championships, I guess?

IMO, Panthers should win the superbowl, they look unstoppable..I'm just wondering how Panthers' offensive line are going to protect Mr. Newton.. Although I'm planning to take Panthers' spread if it gets under 3 points I'll be rooting for the Broncos no matter what. It would be a great ending for Manning.
                    Last edited by rocwell; Tue Jan 26, 2016, 03:07 PM.

Comment

• Peyton's gonna win.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• i think denver wins. i'm actually kind of shocked that Carolina has such high odds in their favor. the only way i can see Carolina winning this is if they score on defense.

then again when the season started i thought carolina would be just as bad as they were last year, if not worse.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• somewhat of a sidenote: how on EARTH did the two carolina coordinators not get any job looks? you look at what they've done with the talent at their disposal and yet? i get teams get antsy and want to get a new coach in place but these two guys in my opinion are far and away the best options. bizarre.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• If they win the Super Bowl then teams will be knocking down the door next year. This all could be a case of them letting it be known they're not interested in talking about it until after the Super Bowl because it might be a distraction. Who knows, hard to say.

Comment

• Public is going mental about the Panthers.

Comment

• Little over a week away... Man, I'm gonna miss football... I hate the off season. The NFL does a good job at hyping it up but the NFL free agency is boring. Watching the draft is also boring. Preseason is redeemed only because of fantasy football.

Comment

Working...
                                X