Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    I don't know. I'm not claiming Sanchez is that good but he can play game manager to support AP. Sanchez might get cut so maybe they wait.

That's a toxic topic likely to earn me some infractions on my spotless record here at RR. Haha

Yeah, that was not well played, Rodney Harrison. To speculate, he could actually mean he didn't know Kaep was black or he could have been referring to the fact that Kaep was adopted and raised by a white family since birth, not sure. In any regard, race is a nuclear topic in the states but I don't understand why Harrison thinks a black guy who he thought was white can't talk about the struggles of black people who he thinks are black.

I'm thankful that race isn't a battle ground in Canada. We're a pretty accepting and peaceful bunch up here.
    From what I read, Harrison meant that Kaep isn't black so he hasn't had to deal with the experience and stereotyping when he walks into a store/mall/bank for his entire life. So from Harrison's perspective, this isn't a lifelong issue for Kaep as much as an adopted one (and that somehow matters to Harrison).
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Vikings' coach said Teddy's injury is significant and it doesn't look good right now.

Damn. I love this kid. Hope he gets back on the field soon.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        From what I read, Harrison meant that Kaep isn't black so he hasn't had to deal with the experience and stereotyping when he walks into a store/mall/bank for his entire life. So from Harrison's perspective, this isn't a lifelong issue for Kaep as much as an adopted one (and that somehow matters to Harrison).
        Harrison's thesis is so wrong imo. CK looks black to me no matter his bi-racial parentage. Obama has bi-racial parentage too. Now if he were just another dude growing up/living on the south side of Chicago would he fall under the Rodney characterization? I dont think any of the three would be treated any different all things being equal and confronted by a racist.
        RH is a talking head now and feels compelled to yack. Kareem Jabbar is speaking on the topic as well and I prefer his view point.

Comment

• So it's official. Teddy has torn his ACL. And apparently this injury made his teammates vomit.

Vikings should go after Geno Smith or Sanchez but I wouldn't be surprised if they start Shaun Hill... this dude has no playmaking ability though.
          Last edited by rocwell; Tue Aug 30, 2016, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            So it's official. Teddy has torn his ACL. And apparently this injury made his teammates vomit.

Vikings should go after Geno Smith or Sanchez but I wouldn't be surprised if they start Shaun Hill... this dude has no playmaking ability though.
            Well I don't think Sanchez or Smith are really playmakers either (although Butt-fumble is one of the most memorable plays in NFL history). Geno isn't a terrible option but not sure it's really worth paying any acquisition price for. Teddy should be fine for next season.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Vikings just confirmed Teddy has suffered a COMPLETE tear of ACL. Usually you don't feel any serious pain from complete ACL tear, but coach said he was sedated.. Did he suffer other damage too? FROM NON CONTACT DRILL. So unlucky.
              Last edited by rocwell; Tue Aug 30, 2016, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                Vikings just confirmed Teddy has suffered a COMPLETE tear of ACL. Usually you don't feel any serious pain from complete ACL tear, but coach said he was sedated.. Did he suffer other damage too? FROM NON CONTACT DRILL. So unlucky.
                Whoa man, not sure where you heard there's not usually pain. I just tore my ACL for the second time a month ago and I'm still very much in pain. Although this time I tore the MCL and meniscus as well, which could have something to do with it. Last time was just ACL and was nowhere near as bad as this, but it was still very painful right after it happened.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                  Whoa man, not sure where you heard there's not usually pain. I just tore my ACL for the second time a month ago and I'm still very much in pain. Although this time I tore the MCL and meniscus as well, which could have something to do with it. Last time was just ACL and was nowhere near as bad as this, but it was still very painful right after it happened.
                  It's weird right? My GP once told me this. Obviously he's no expert, but he said ACL injuries are very tricky. Usually people with complete ACL tear don't even hear pop sound or have pain initially.

Reports say Teddy sustained a torn ACL and dislocated knee.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    Well I don't think Sanchez or Smith are really playmakers either (although Butt-fumble is one of the most memorable plays in NFL history). Geno isn't a terrible option but not sure it's really worth paying any acquisition price for. Teddy should be fine for next season.
                    That's not a certainty. We can look at a guy like Victor Cruz to see how difficult it can be to come back. Hopefully the severity of the injury isn't worst case. He's a QB in the pocket but he will get sacked, he will have to scramble, he can get hit from awkward angles and he does need to plant his feet and push off to get power into his throws. So he does need that knee in tip top shape. I pretty much guarantee you the Vikings have a much better second string QB situation next year. They're learning the hard way now just like Dallas has learned with Romo.

Comment

That's not a certainty. We can look at a guy like Victor Cruz to see how difficult it can be to come back. Hopefully the severity of the injury isn't worst case. He's a QB in the pocket but he will get sacked, he will have to scramble, he can get hit from awkward angles and he does need to plant his feet and push off to get power into his throws. So he does need that knee in tip top shape. I pretty much guarantee you the Vikings have a much better second string QB situation next year. They're learning the hard way now just like Dallas has learned with Romo.
                      While that's true, still doesn't mean it makes sense to give up assets for a guy like Geno or Sanchez; as it's pretty clear neither guy is really starting quality (Geno still has potential at least but Sanchez is a closed case).

If their season becomes a tank, then you use the high draft picks to better the team and consider using a 2nd or 3rd rounder to draft a QB in case Teddy isn't back and ready.

Not sure how applicable Cruz's situation is. Receiver needs his legs to generate speed and power to get separation in order to do the most basic functions of his job.

Comment

• Ok, then Sam Bradford is an example, who tore it twice and lost a large chunk of his prime years when players are working toward meeting their potential.

RGIII tore his and went from superstar to maybe on his last chance.

Donovan McNabb was never the same after tearing his.

Also you don't know what the Bronchos want for Sanchez. It might just be cash. They may cut him this week. I'm not saying the Vikings should give up anything that truly is of value. A 7th rounder for example could be the prize or cash. Who knows until they look around?

Comment

• I don't think RG3's issues can be largely attributed to his knee though.

Attitude, mechanics and coaching seem to be bigger factors there.

Comment

• I don't think so. His downward spiral occurred when he was asked to become a pocket passer because the team was concerned by the ACL and they wanted to protect the substantial investment. Of course attitude and mechanics came into play but had he not gotten hurt and had been allowed to play his style of football, to play to his strength which they drafted him for, then he would still be doing well right now. That rookie year was like vintage Vince Carter in Toronto. It was absolutely madness. No one cares about ego or mechanics when you're carrying your team to wins. All that is confidence and charisthma when you're winning.

Bottom line, in my opinion anyway, if you ignore someone's strength and ask them to do things they're not good at its usually not going to work out in any industry. It's essentially setting them up to fail. RGIII is not a pocket passer and was never branded that coming out. The Skins didn't say anything about burning three first rounders to move up so they could take a mobile passer and turn him into Matt Flynn.

Comment

I don't think so. His downward spiral occurred when he was asked to become a pocket passer because the team was concerned by the ACL and they wanted to protect the substantial investment. Of course attitude and mechanics came into play but had he not gotten hurt and had been allowed to play his style of football, to play to his strength which they drafted him for, then he would still be doing well right now. That rookie year was like vintage Vince Carter in Toronto. It was absolutely madness. No one cares about ego or mechanics when you're carrying your team to wins. All that is confidence and charisthma when you're winning.

Bottom line, in my opinion anyway, if you ignore someone's strength and ask them to do things they're not good at its usually not going to work out in any industry. It's essentially setting them up to fail. RGIII is not a pocket passer and was never branded that coming out. The Skins didn't say anything about burning three first rounders to move up so they could take a mobile passer and turn him into Matt Flynn.
                              RG3 is also tiny compared to a guy like Cam Newton and there are legitimate reasons to be concerned about him playing "his style". Frankly, they shouldn't have drafted him that high.

Comment

• But they did. You don't draft a mobile QB who never was asked to operating much in the pocket in college and force him into a pocket passer role. It doesn't make any sense. It's like drafting Andrea Bargnani to be your strong presence in the middle.

And there are other examples. It took Vick years to become decent in the pocket. It was never his thing, it's like learning a new position. So really why do it? Some decisions you need to go down with the ship on or move on and the Skins should have moved on immediately when they brought in a coach who needed a pocket passer.

Comment

Working...
                                X