Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Gridiron

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sherman is done for the season.

    Comment


    • rocwell wrote: View Post
      Sherman is done for the season.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

      If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

      Comment


      • Roger Goodell 'wants $50million a year and a private jet for LIFE to stay on as head of the NFL'


        What the fuck...

        Comment


        • rocwell wrote: View Post
          Roger Goodell 'wants $50million a year and a private jet for LIFE to stay on as head of the NFL'


          What the fuck...
          lol I read this last night, that dude is a clown. He fucks every situation up and wants $50M. Funny thing is he will probably get it.

          Pretty soon there's going to be live NFL football 8 days a week.
          The Double Champ is here!
          Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
          Raptors: Larry O'Brien

          Comment


          • I honestly do not get why they like him so much. He'll probably get this too because the NFL is screwed up.

            I have watched hardly any football this season. Everything combined has left me wanting to do other things than this particular activity which used to make me very excited. This season killed that "magic" for me if you understand that. It happened to me long ago for baseball and later hockey due to lockouts; never got back into baseball and hockey is a distant third for me behind football and basketball. This time around its caused by Goodell's fucked up discipline system mixed with the player protests. The owners and players ruined football for me. lol bravo.

            Oh and Rodgers going down was the cherry on top but even before that I was forcing myself to keep watching the games hoping I'd get some excitement back for it. Oh well, maybe next year if they don't annoy me again by then.

            I'm just following now for fantasy football purposes. That's about all I find entertaining this season.
            Last edited by Apollo; Mon Nov 13th, 2017, 11:29 AM. Reason: .

            Comment


            • Apollo wrote: View Post
              I honestly do not get why they like him so much. He'll probably get this too because the NFL is screwed up.

              I have watched hardly any football this season. Everything combined has left me wanting to do other things than this particular activity which used to make me very excited. This season killed that "magic" for me if you understand that. It happened to me long ago for baseball and later hockey due to lockouts; never got back into baseball and hockey is a distant third for me behind football and basketball. This time around its caused by Goodell's fucked up discipline system mixed with the player protests. The owners and players ruined football for me. lol bravo.

              Oh and Rodgers going down was the cherry on top but even before that I was forcing myself to keep watching the games hoping I'd get some excitement back for it. Oh well, maybe next year if they don't annoy me again by then.

              I'm just following now for fantasy football purposes. That's about all I find entertaining this season.
              I pretty much only watch Cowboy games, been this way for 2 or 3 years now. The over-saturating and constant drama is just too much to handle, not enjoyable anymore. I HATE Thursday Night Football(unless it's Thanksgiving) and I don't even turn on Monday Night Football unless it's a Cowboy game.

              If it wasn't for fantasy, I probably wouldn't even care at all anymore.
              The Double Champ is here!
              Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
              Raptors: Larry O'Brien

              Comment


              • I think it's pretty simple really. The NFL should be about football and nothing but football. The charity work is great, keep that but they need to stop using the league as some sort of social justice platform. They need to stop sucking the fun out of things with petty stupid rules. The real fans which make the business so lucrative use football to escape and relax/unwind. They don't want to be pulled into social issues and do not want their product soul sucked by stupid inconsistent rulings by some asshole at the top who they do not like.

                Why does the commissioner have to always be some unrelatable asshat who everyone despises? Why can't it be some great football hero of days gone by like John Elway who we like and admire but who could be competent in that role and who has experience on both sides of the table?

                I agree. Fantasy football might be the only thing keeping me around at all. lol

                Comment


                • Browns' LB Collins has suffered a torn MCL. He's done for the year.

                  Comment


                  • Apollo wrote: View Post
                    I agree. Fantasy football might be the only thing keeping me around at all. lol

                    This.

                    Comment



                    • The NFL has launched an investigation after a female Uber driver accused Jameis Winston, the star quarterback of the Tampa Bay Buccanneers, of groping her on the job last year in Arizona. The driver, known only as Katie, alleges she was driving Winston back from a party in Scottsdale, Arizona, at 2am on March 13, 2016, when he 'reached over' and grabbed her. Winston, who settled a civil lawsuit in 2012 with a woman who accused him of raping her while a student at FSU, denies the allegations.
                      .,

                      Comment


                      • Apollo wrote: View Post
                        I think it's pretty simple really. The NFL should be about football and nothing but football. The charity work is great, keep that but they need to stop using the league as some sort of social justice platform. They need to stop sucking the fun out of things with petty stupid rules. The real fans which make the business so lucrative use football to escape and relax/unwind. They don't want to be pulled into social issues and do not want their product soul sucked by stupid inconsistent rulings by some asshole at the top who they do not like.

                        Why does the commissioner have to always be some unrelatable asshat who everyone despises? Why can't it be some great football hero of days gone by like John Elway who we like and admire but who could be competent in that role and who has experience on both sides of the table?

                        I agree. Fantasy football might be the only thing keeping me around at all. lol
                        Those are sentiments I could get on board with....but the fact of the matter is that both the NFL powers (not players) and the government through it's military were the first to politicize their games by having national anthems, field sized flags, military guard appearances and even airforce flybys. The Pentagon pays big bucks to the NFL for this arrangement.

                        And of course the playing of the anthem which is a supreme political manifestation ...encompassing what the country stands for ....it's values embodied in the constitution.

                        From my perspective it's unfair to now decide that many of the participants are not allowed to display (disagree) their sentiments about the very values being celebrated. Maybe they should just consider removing those political symbols and then no one has reason to pout and it's back to just football! Actually the NFL can come up with an anthem/fight song they can play before games to charge everyone up.

                        Comment


                        • They're Americans... Living in America. Making millions and millions from the opportunities afforded them because they're Americans living in America.

                          Anyway, you missed the point. Don't tell me you agree and then try to take down my point. Come on, really? And I'm in the majority on this topic based on polls and shrinking viewership. Not that this "proves" I'm right...

                          Comment


                          • Why did Lynch stand for Mexican anthem though? Somebody should let him know that Mexican police use torture to obtain confessions.

                            Comment


                            • The NFL Thread

                              Apollo wrote: View Post
                              They're Americans... Living in America. Making millions and millions from the opportunities afforded them because they're Americans living in America.

                              Anyway, you missed the point. Don't tell me you agree and then try to take down my point. Come on, really? And I'm in the majority on this topic based on polls and shrinking viewership. Not that this "proves" I'm right...
                              Last edited by Axel; Tue Nov 21st, 2017, 05:40 AM.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                              If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                              Comment


                              • I would add that the over-saturation of the market has played a big part as well. Thursday Night Football, multiple games in London that start at 9am EST or 6am PST, all day Sunday, then again Monday nights... It would be nice if they would just drop TNF, save for Thanksgiving - players hate it and fans seem disinterested.
                                The Double Champ is here!
                                Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
                                Raptors: Larry O'Brien

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X