Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Gridiron

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nice value as well with the one year prove it deal. Its about time they went all in because Rodgers is well into the back nine of his career.

    The smaller Green Bay market and strong locker room should be good for him.

    Comment


    • Comment


      • rocwell wrote: View Post
        Surely for the Jets to target Barkley at RB.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

        If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

        Comment


        • It's rare that I agree with this sort of trade. For a top notch QB prospect, sure but for a RB? Not liking it and don't get me wrong, I like Barkley's game.

          Comment


          • The Jets will pick the worst QB of the 4 or 5 top ones and the fan base will be left wondering why they did not take Barkley.

            I'm hoping the Browns take a QB at 1 and then Barkley at 4, just keep him outta the NFC.

            I would bet that maybe one of these QB's turns into anything close to a pro-bowler. I think it's a lot of hype and people wanting them to be the next big thing, rather than them having any real shot. JMO, we've seen it countless times before. Barkley, Chubb, Fitzpatrick and Vita Vea will probably all have better careers than these QB's.
            The Double Champ is here!
            Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
            Raptors: Larry O'Brien

            Comment


            • Mack North wrote: View Post
              The Jets will pick the worst QB of the 4 or 5 top ones and the fan base will be left wondering why they did not take Barkley.

              I'm hoping the Browns take a QB at 1 and then Barkley at 4, just keep him outta the NFC.

              I would bet that maybe one of these QB's turns into anything close to a pro-bowler. I think it's a lot of hype and people wanting them to be the next big thing, rather than them having any real shot. JMO, we've seen it countless times before. Barkley, Chubb, Fitzpatrick and Vita Vea will probably all have better careers than these QB's.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

              If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

              Comment


              • Axel wrote: View Post
                I don’t think any of the QBs really look like Top 5 talent and even debatable whether any are top 10. Jets would be better off with Barkley and rolling with Teddy Bridgewater. A lethal ground game will open things up for a middling QB and build a strong D - look at Jax with Bortles. Not every team can build around a franchise QB and I just don’t see the point of trying to force it. Foles, Keenum, etc just proved that you can find capable QBs if you build the right way around them.
                I find it hilarious that every year these scouts and prognosticators and "experts" try to convince themselves that these guys can be the next big thing. I guess it's just the importance of the position, but I think going BPA is the best route most of the time. As long as you have a great defense and a good running game/passing game where the QB isn't TO prone, you have a good shot at winning in this league.
                The Double Champ is here!
                Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
                Raptors: Larry O'Brien

                Comment


                • I think it's like this: you need a good QB to contend. Finding one in FA is almost impossible for most teams. So the only recourse is to lay the money down on the roulette wheel and give it a spin.

                  No one thought Carson Wentz was going to be Carson Wentz in 2017 but he did it. I mean he was a high profile QB but he far exceeded expectations last season. So, anything is possible. Some of the QB success comes down to the coach fitting a system to their QB's strengths instead of trying to fit the QB to the system. Foles is a prime example of this. He has been two entirely different players depending on the coach's focus.

                  Comment


                  • Word is that Dez will be cut after the draft: https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/s...87010453426177

                    Which means their top priority in round one may be a WR. Calvin Ridley maybe? I could see the 49ers going after Dez. They're in the running for most improved team come next winter.

                    Its funny this news comes out now as the NFL voted unanimously to change the catch rule. That 2014 catch against my Packers would count today.

                    Comment


                    • Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Word is that Dez will be cut after the draft: https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/s...87010453426177

                      Which means their top priority in round one may be a WR. Calvin Ridley maybe? I could see the 49ers going after Dez. They're in the running for most improved team come next winter.

                      Its funny this news comes out now as the NFL voted unanimously to change the catch rule. That 2014 catch against my Packers would count today.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                      If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                      Comment


                      • Axel wrote: View Post
                        As someone who doesn’t watch the Cowboys, can someone (Mack?) explain this to me?
                        Well see, back in 2014 it was a 4th and 1 and Romo dropped back for a pass that Dez caught on the goal line but the refs screwed us over and called it incomplete.

                        Oh you mean cutting Dez? Cause they don't have a QB that can throw the ball to him, so they'd rather save $12.5M in cap space after June 1st - because that's when you really look for cap room...

                        I'm not a fan of this and I hope it's not true.
                        The Double Champ is here!
                        Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
                        Raptors: Larry O'Brien

                        Comment


                        • Mack North wrote: View Post
                          Well see, back in 2014 it was a 4th and 1 and Romo dropped back for a pass that Dez caught on the goal line but the refs screwed us over and called it incomplete.

                          Oh you mean cutting Dez? Cause they don't have a QB that can throw the ball to him, so they'd rather save $12.5M in cap space after June 1st - because that's when you really look for cap room...

                          I'm not a fan of this and I hope it's not true.
                          Why don't they trade him to a talent starving team like the 49ers or Browns? Can you imagine a Josh Gordon/Dez Bryant combo?

                          Comment


                          • Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Why don't they trade him to a talent starving team like the 49ers or Browns? Can you imagine a Josh Gordon/Dez Bryant combo?
                            I don't get why teams cut guys instead of trading... I think it has to do with salary cap implications. I don't get that involved lol I just like the on-field stuff.
                            The Double Champ is here!
                            Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
                            Raptors: Larry O'Brien

                            Comment


                            • Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Why don't they trade him to a talent starving team like the 49ers or Browns? Can you imagine a Josh Gordon/Dez Bryant combo?
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                              If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                              Comment


                              • Axel wrote: View Post
                                As bad as the Browns are, WR probably is their best unit. Don’t forget Cory Coleman lit it up before breaking his hand last year.
                                He's on my Dynasty club. Good point but they can use all the talent they can get and guys like Dez don't hit the market often.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X