No announcement yet.

Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bills get their QB at 7 and don’t give up the farm to do it. Two pretty good picks in the low 50s in the second round this year. That’s it.

So it can only get better for the long suffering bills as they have the 22 Nd pick they can use for a quality interior lineman...the kid from Iowa or the kid from Georgia..or a wideout..Ridley from Alabama or DJ Moore From Penn State
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• I think the best QB went to the Ravens at 32, Lamar Jackson - glad he's in the AFC and the Saints passed on him. I don't think any of the 4 top 10 guys will amount to much either. Rosen has best shot in Arizona, imo.

Disappointed the Giants got Barkley, I don't look forward to seeing him twice a year... but we did get a nice new shiny LB in Vander Esch, he and Jaylon Smith should be able to wrap up Saquon and keep him in check - NOOOOO PROBLEM!
      Last edited by Mack North; Fri Apr 27, 2018, 09:34 AM.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
        an hour and half to the draft..... .... and if baker mayfield goes first overall to the browns..... that big black cloud you see to the south and west of toronto will be cleveland on fire....

not that it won't work out... but the immediate reaction will be visceral...
        A safe bet is to be offended of every move when you're a Browns fan!

Drew Brees is the same height. He worked out. Not saying he's that good but you never know.

Comment

• Martavis Bryant to the Raiders was big. He's probably going to bounce back on a contract year with a chip on his shoulder.

Comment

• Packers went defense again. I'm on the fence about the pick.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              Martavis Bryant to the Raiders was big. He's probably going to bounce back on a contract year with a chip on his shoulder.
              You must have him in some fantasy league? lol

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                You must have him in some fantasy league? lol
                Indeed, but you know who I don't have yet? Lamar Jackson. It will be enjoyable to beat Axel by turning Jackson against him.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  A safe bet is to be offended of every move when you're a Browns fan!

Drew Brees is the same height. He worked out. Not saying he's that good but you never know.
                  Brees worked out pretty good eh...

Mayfield is really accurate and has the arm strength tothrow sideline outs...and has good touch on the deeper routes as well..

He seems to be able to make his multiple reads in college...he likely won’t run in the nfl as there are serious health issues waiting if he goes to many times.....

and like all the new guys ..it will be how fast he can see what he is up against in the complex schemes dc’s will throw at him...

I’m pulling for him...

This is a boom or bust pick....their wasn’t a safe qb choice this year.no luck.no manning...
                  Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Apr 28, 2018, 09:07 PM.
                  - TGO

Comment

• For any long suffering Bills fans it’s a good year for the first time in a long wait...
                    The Bills have pretty much abandoned all their higher picks from the buddy nix and Doug Whaley eras...

Allen has the tools and the size..hoping he is a football player ...they had to do this.that roll over and die game against the jags from Tyrod Taylor was the breaking point....couldn’t lead that team..no passion...

After that it’s all defense and a good rush end / strong side linebacker in Edmunds....follows up byy the replacent for Kyle at tackle with the kid Phillips from Stanford..they won’t have to explain the plays to him for sure.

Added another rush end in free agency ...they are short one good CB to be the best defense in the division

The offence is still going to suck ..no deep threat...no yac type te as an outlet for mccarron....they still have Benjamin and McCoy....a developing online....but need a serious wideout pretty soon.

Going to be tough to go 10 and 6...if they do..it will be on the back of the defense
                    - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      For any long suffering Bills fans it’s a good year for the first time in a long wait...
                      The Bills have pretty much abandoned all their higher picks from the buddy nix and Doug Whaley eras...

Allen has the tools and the size..hoping he is a football player ...
                      I wouldn’t be happy if I were a Bills fan. Allen does not look like a guy who’s skilled enough to play NFL QB. He’s a huge gamble as a QB and was picked way too high.

It’s pretty much universal, poor accuracy QBs in college (56%) don’t become accurate in NFL. Combined with Peterson (Mr 5 Ints in 1 half) in the QB depth chart, Buffalo might have a new nickname “Pick 6 City”.

Edmunds at 16 might be tremendous value and a future pro-bowler, but the draft capital spent on Allen kills this draft for them.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Quick take aways from the draft:

Ozzie Newsome goes out with a bang in his last draft with the Ravens, landing the most electrifying QB prospect since Vick. Some say he’s faster than Vick and Vick says that Jackson is better at this point than Vick was coming out of VaTech. Revamping the TE corps with 2 picks (last time he did that we walked away with Pitta) and some solid value in later picks. Drafting Orlando Brown Jr to play RT in the 3rd round could be a huge steal. Brown had a 1st round grade before a poor combine but showed well on tape.

Think Mayfield at 1 is a Browns move that will pan out like most Browns QB picks.

Barkley to the Giants is great for them but if they don’t improve that O-Line then Barkley isn’t going to have much room.

Raiders overpaid for Martavious Bryant. 3rd round pick for a disgruntled WR who wasn’t likely to stick with his current team and is 1 bad drug test away from expulsion is an overpay. He’s worth taking a risk on but not at that price.

The Colts draft doesn’t impress either. Taking Guards with their first 2 picks when they don’t have more than 3 NFL quality defenders on the roster is an overreaction to defending Luck. Could use scheme adjustments and more quick passes to give Luck more protection rather than reach for a non-premier position.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          I wouldn’t be happy if I were a Bills fan. Allen does not look like a guy who’s skilled enough to play NFL QB. He’s a huge gamble as a QB and was picked way too high.

It’s pretty much universal, poor accuracy QBs in college (56%) don’t become accurate in NFL. Combined with Peterson (Mr 5 Ints in 1 half) in the QB depth chart, Buffalo might have a new nickname “Pick 6 City”.

Edmunds at 16 might be tremendous value and a future pro-bowler, but the draft capital spent on Allen kills this draft for them.
                          I’m happy big time..because I don’t have to look at the king of the checkdown pass one more time. Taylor is a good game manager cuz he plays like an Italian soccer team...we have the zero zero tie lets not jeopardize it. Allen..like every other College QB has his issues...Mayfield is to small.. Darnold didn’t make his reads quick enough and turns it over on INTs even in college..Rosen will piss off someone on the team..Allen’s stats don’t measure up....Jackson cant hit enough open targets and is too slight....You never know till the games get played...but you do know for sure that Taylor cant lead a team with the passion required and that he can’t win late. To many woulda coulda shouldas wit TT.

Edmunds gives the Bills about 5 quality edge rushers...safety’s are solid..got one good CB...and the most porous run D is shored up via Free agency.

The ability to score points is the elephant in the room..but we are finally going to see if it was the scheme or the guy executing it that was the problem. They have had 3 or 4 OCs and Taylor..not every coach is dumb. The promise of a 6 5”” guy who can see down the field is great....
                          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Apr 29, 2018, 10:06 AM. Reason: Edge
                          - TGO

Comment

• For what it's worth, the Pats were rumored to be hot on Mayfield before he shot up the board to #1 contention.

Anyway, I'm really happy with what the Packers did. Filled in a lot of holes, they're bring in a bunch of interesting WR prospects to compete for a spot and they landed a 2019 first rounder in a steal of a trade.

The Packers defense should be fixed. I'd like to see them add a few more guys on both sides of the ball though.

Comment

• Everything Gridiron

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              For what it's worth, the Pats were rumored to be hot on Mayfield before he shot up the board to #1 contention.
                              Well landing in New England behind Brady with Belicheck is a bit different than ending up on the Browns. Plus “hot for” in the 20s is different than #1 pick.

I think the Browns would have been better to take Barkley #1 and then had a choice between Mayfield/Darnold at 4.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                Well landing in New England behind Brady with Belicheck is a bit different than ending up on the Browns. Plus “hot for” in the 20s is different than #1 pick.

I think the Browns would have been better to take Barkley #1 and then had a choice between Mayfield/Darnold at 4.
                                No, they were rumored to be moving up high in the draft with their pair of first rounders when the rumor was out there.

The Browns now have Haley as their OC. He did really well for himself in Pittsburg. He had great weapons but he used them well. Anyway, second guessing them won't matter if Mayfield turns out to be good and besides, you don't know he's there at #4. The Pats were just one team who wanted him out of many.

Comment

Working...
                                X