Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Gridiron

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    Al still calling the shots back in 2007 when they took Russell.. Rumour is he ate the wonderlich test :-) after he failed it. Bad bad choice there with number 1 overall. THey had Kerry Collins starting in 2005 and after passing on Jay Cutler in the 2006 draft they started some guy named Walter and then Aaron Brooks in 2006. Its Al baby .. Its all on Al...

    I think we both agree on a new owner in Oakland who won't meddle in the day to day operations would be the best thing going. Hope your Cowboys keep on the right side of 500 this year. Gotta chance to have some great late season games with Philly.

    Edit.. For the record..I am a Loooooong Suffering Bills fan who is ecstatic that Whaley walked down to Marones office and said its EJ or you and then left the room after that debacle in Houston.
    really, you like what Whaley's done?
    @sweatpantsjer

    Comment


    • Axel wrote: View Post
      And even if the picks for Flynn and Schaub are lower than I had thought, it's still poor management to be giving away picks. When you inherit a mess like the Raiders, you need to make the most of your picks, not trade them away for nothing. That's why smart teams always have multiple picks and gain via the supplementary pick process (lose more UFA than you sign with "cut players" not counting).
      it definitely is poor management to use that many picks regardless of where they are on one position. as a guy from green bay Reggie really should know better than that.

      but at the same time he was just trying to field a somewhat capable team. i don't think people outside really realize the kind of cap hell the team's been under the last 3 years.

      i do certainly agree better, younger FA's should have been brought in though. especially all the goddamn corners there were on the market this year. deep breaths. deep breaths.
      @sweatpantsjer

      Comment


      • so how about that christian ponder huh? whats he doing on the field, ever?
        @sweatpantsjer

        Comment


        • ceez wrote: View Post
          really, you like what Whaley's done?
          I am a fan of the Bills for a long time so I am biased to a fault.
          EJ Manuel was not drafted by Doug Whaley on his watch. THat was Buddy Nix's gift to us. This year he has made some good picks. I like Sammy Watkins, if he could actually get the ball he is a playmaker in the 1st tier. Seantrel Henderson this year in round 5 or 6 and the LB Brown are pretty fair players. Whaleys done a good job. Not sold on Marone yet.

          The Bills have a good enough defense and can run the ball with Spiller and Jackson. They can go 10 and 6 this year in the very suspect AFC East. What they need is to get even a modicum of respect for a downfield passing game and back the LB's up. Right now defensive co-ordinators are packing the box and forcing EJ Manuel to beat them in the air. He can't. Watching and suffering as Houston, who is crummy, beat the Bills with Fitzy at QB and a supect defense even with JJ Watt shut down the Bills.

          Now my rant on EJ.
          EJ just can't make his reads fast enough and has to check down almost 4 out of 5 times. He looks awkward back there almost like a robot.He is not fluid at all. He doesn't see the field very well. Its pretty sad that he somehow missed a 6'6" 285 DE and gave up that pick six to JJ Watt. Even when a miracle happens and his first read down the field is open EJ can't seem to hit the targeted reciever and puts the ball behind him. Its pretty bad.

          Everyone is picking the Lions to rough up the BIlls and take their lunch money this week but if Orton can hit even 6 to 8 passes of more than 15 yards in the air the Bills will run the ball down Detroits throat and will win with time of possession. If that happens then someone should break the headlights on Buddy Nix's car every month for the rest of his life to make up for drafting EJ>.

          Comment


          • The EJ Manual pick was a bad pick for a variety of reasons. I remember watching him in college and felt if he went to a team like the niners who run a lot of option and limit plays to 1 or 2 reads then run he could have some success. He's just not a pocket passer. He could be a decent QB in the right system, one that can really cover up his limitations (there's a ton) but even then...

            His own coach in college, Jimbo Fisher, told pretty much everyone at the draft that EJ was a developmental type player and even then, wasn't sure if he'd ever start in the NFL. Just amazing. When your boys took him in the first round i was absolutely shocked. Thought for sure you'd be taking my boy Nassib, and i really wonder where you'd be if you had taken him. Just crazy.

            The Watkins pick is dicey. That's the kind of move you make when you're a player or two away from really contending. Especially when you give away that many extra draft picks. It can kill you just like the RG3 deal has really screwed the Redskins.

            My apologies though, i was under the impression Whaley drafted Manuel. The rest of the picks from that draft were pretty solid, especially Kiko and Woods. I really wanted the Raiders to draft Woods.
            @sweatpantsjer

            Comment


            • ceez wrote: View Post
              The EJ Manual pick was a bad pick for a variety of reasons. I remember watching him in college and felt if he went to a team like the niners who run a lot of option and limit plays to 1 or 2 reads then run he could have some success. He's just not a pocket passer. He could be a decent QB in the right system, one that can really cover up his limitations (there's a ton) but even then...

              His own coach in college, Jimbo Fisher, told pretty much everyone at the draft that EJ was a developmental type player and even then, wasn't sure if he'd ever start in the NFL. Just amazing. When your boys took him in the first round i was absolutely shocked. Thought for sure you'd be taking my boy Nassib, and i really wonder where you'd be if you had taken him. Just crazy.

              The Watkins pick is dicey. That's the kind of move you make when you're a player or two away from really contending. Especially when you give away that many extra draft picks. It can kill you just like the RG3 deal has really screwed the Redskins.

              My apologies though, i was under the impression Whaley drafted Manuel. The rest of the picks from that draft were pretty solid, especially Kiko and Woods. I really wanted the Raiders to draft Woods.
              Whaley will do well by the Bills. He cut his teeth in Pittsburgh where they have a system and draft players into it. He can see talent and if its primo talent you get it and smile and pay for it. If your right there is no buyers remorse. As for EJ.

              There just wasn't any QB's in that draft year. The best of the lot is Glennon and he wouldn't have helped Buffalo any more than EJ has. Crap we could have taken Geno Smith.

              Have faith in Sammy Watkins if your a Bills fanatic or casual fan. The kid can play. He made the catch that got them in position for Carpenter to kick the 58 yarder to win it. Reached behind him and it was in the middle of the field. High casualty rates there.

              If Orton can get a road win in his first start after being on the shelf for two years the Bills have a reasonable chance to go 10 and 6 and slide into the dance this year.
              THey have a favourable schedule till the last 3 or 4 games of the season.
              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Oct 6th, 2014, 05:37 PM.

              Comment


              • ceez wrote: View Post
                so how about that christian ponder huh? whats he doing on the field, ever?
                Serviceable backup. Total 1st round bust.

                Comment


                • Cowboys just beat Seahawks in Seattle. Impressive.

                  Comment


                  • rocwell wrote: View Post
                    Cowboys just beat Seahawks in Seattle. Impressive.
                    Cue cowboys fans:

                    Were gonna win the Super Bowl. That tony romo is elite, nobody can stop him!
                    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

                    Comment


                    • Poor Cruz.. That looked bad. He's sobbing

                      EDIT: Vic Cruz out with torn patella tendon says sideline reporter. Poor guy.
                      Last edited by rocwell; Sun Oct 12th, 2014, 10:34 PM.

                      Comment


                      • e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                        Cue cowboys fans:

                        Were gonna win the Super Bowl. That tony romo is elite, nobody can stop him!
                        The haters still bash when we beat the Champs in their house. Unbelievable!

                        26 4th quarter/OT comeback wins since 06 for Romo. Most in the league thru that time span. Nobody ever sees those though.
                        The Double Champ is here!
                        Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
                        Raptors: Larry O'Brien

                        Comment


                        • Mack North wrote: View Post
                          The haters still bash when we beat the Champs in their house. Unbelievable!

                          26 4th quarter/OT comeback wins since 06 for Romo. Most in the league thru that time span. Nobody ever sees those though.
                          Not discounting what the boys have done but I think Romo's chokes are more epic (and might even outnumber) the comebacks
                          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

                          Comment


                          • e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                            Not discounting what the boys have done but I think Romo's chokes are more epic (and might even outnumber) the comebacks
                            Team game, my man. A lot to ask for when you pin it all on one guy. Horrendous defenses and terrible o-lines/no running games have a lot to do with those past losses.

                            Playing great this year, just hope they keep it up!
                            The Double Champ is here!
                            Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
                            Raptors: Larry O'Brien

                            Comment


                            • Mack North wrote: View Post
                              Team game, my man. A lot to ask for when you pin it all on one guy. Horrendous defenses and terrible o-lines/no running games have a lot to do with those past losses.

                              Playing great this year, just hope they keep it up!
                              Same! Especially DeMarco Murray
                              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

                              Comment


                              • e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                                Same! Especially DeMarco Murray
                                I'm going to assume that's for fantasy reasons? 😲😊
                                The Double Champ is here!
                                Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
                                Raptors: Larry O'Brien

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X