No announcement yet.

Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodgers would have won the single game TD record on Sunday if Culter could have done anything what so ever to live up to his overrated status in this league...

Comment

• Is Cutler overrated though? Pretty much everyone thinks he's a bum except Bears fans but that's because they haven't had a capable QB since the 80's.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Suspended Stars
        • Josh Gordon is back from suspensions.
        • AP heard today that he will not be permitted to return to the NFL this year.
        • Ray Rice is set to be eligible to return very shortly but it's unlikely teams will look at him this season. (I don't understand how his punishment differs so much from AP)

So much talent amongst the three. I hope they can all get their issues sorted and move on and have productive lives. I was totally shocked and disgusted when I heard about RR and AP but I'm taking a slightly different view now. Its easy for us to judge what they did but we never grew up in their environments and never experienced exactly what they've experienced. Its clear to me that these two had some unkind things happen to them to drive them to act in the way they did. They need help and they need second chances to redeem themselves and so I hope they both get that and I hope they can go one to live good lives. Maybe these things make them better people. Maybe this was the best thing to ever happen to them when they look back in retrospect.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          • Josh Gordon is back from suspensions.
          • AP heard today that he will not be permitted to return to the NFL this year.
          • Ray Rice is set to be eligible to return very shortly but it's unlikely teams will look at him this season. (I don't understand how his punishment differs so much from AP)

So much talent amongst the three. I hope they can all get their issues sorted and move on and have productive lives. I was totally shocked and disgusted when I heard about RR and AP but I'm taking a slightly different view now. Its easy for us to judge what they did but we never grew up in their environments and never experienced exactly what they've experienced. Its clear to me that these two had some unkind things happen to them to drive them to act in the way they did. They need help and they need second chances to redeem themselves and so I hope they both get that and I hope they can go one to live good lives. Maybe these things make them better people. Maybe this was the best thing to ever happen to them when they look back in retrospect.
          The difference between RR and AP is that RR is fighting the double jeopardy concept of getting punished twice for the same offense. Goodell made an intentional or uninformed ruling to giving him 2 games with essentially all of the evidence in front of him (though he says he did not have the inside vid...but really? did he need it?). And AP has the misfortune of coming after RR's blowback from the public. The NFL wants to show how tough they are.

And I wonder why that internal report by the fbi guy is taking so long? Must be complicated or waterboarding isnt working! These guys are something else.
          Last edited by Bendit; Tue Nov 18, 2014, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• It makes no sense for Goodell to fall on the sword for Ray Rice like that. He may have knew more than he was letting on but something doesn't add up here all around.

Comment

• Odell Beckham... wow. Crazy catch.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                Odell Beckham... wow. Crazy catch.

Amazing.

Comment

• I'm glad I invested 18% of my budget on him in the dynasty ppr league.

The kid has huge talent, like Jerry Rice level talent. Beckham, Evans, Watkins, the top ten in the NFL draft has never seen three guys go in one draft with this kind of talent. It's downright amazing(and they're all on my team, thanks). This draft will go down as one of the best, if not the best, WR class of all-time because then go take a look at who else was draft outside the top ten.

Comment

• Kinda cool about Ray Rice. Ya he messed up, but no way he should lose his lifes work.

Comment

• Nobody will sign him this year. It's not worth it. Maybe if he has Barry Sanders type abilties then sure but he was struggling prior to this happening.

This all needs to blow over a bit and hopefully he cleans up his act and goes on to have some more success as a reward.

Comment

• Does anyone else feel like the current crop of "young" QBs has a disproportionate amount of douchebags?

Cam Newton - showboat, arrogant, not that good (but better than the others on the list)

Colin Kaepernick - showboat (I automatically dislike anyone who trademarks their celebration), arrogant, not that good

RG3 - arrogant, elitist, not that good

The exceptions seem to be Luck (humble, leader, hard worker), and Wilson (humble, leader, hard worker).

Plus in all likelihood you can add Geno Smith and Johnny Manziel to the list of D-bags. Then you have the guys in college like James Winsten (sp?) who clearly don't get it between the ears.

I dunno, maybe we've been spoiled with the last decade+ of QBs like Manning (x2), Brady, Brees, Rodgers - all world class QBs AND world class humans.

Ok, that's my rant.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• god i hate Newton
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Teddhy Bridgewater and Nck Foles seem like good guys. Then you have Derek Carr and Blake Bortles who appear to have good heads on their shoulders.

The QB is the most important position on the team. For a team to win the players need to truly like the QB and want to perform for him. What you've seen this year in San Fran and Washington should illustrate where talent but lack of leadership and maturity at the QB position can take you. Washington is a more profound case. Both guys I hope can turn it around and realize that play on the field should do the talking.

To Cam's defense I will say that he's been playing all year hobbled but injuries. Even if you don't like how he carries himself you have to respect his toughness and determination. In the category of young talented QB's with upside, he's #2 behind Andrew Luck in my books.

Aaron Rodgers still have seven good seasons in him at an elite level so there is no worries here about having somebody at the top leading by example. Similar can be said about Matt Ryan, although he needs to still prove his abilities in the playoffs and I think he may be able to do that if his GM can put a solid team around him.

Comment

• Marc Trestman is doing Chicago no favours. Forte is the only dependable offensive option, yet he keeps putting the ball in cutler's hands instead.

Comment

• The Bears games I watch this year had me coming away with the impression that the defense is the real problem. Cutler is a good QB as long as he's not always having to make a comeback. When he's down he forces throws into tough situation and this is why you see him getting picked. The Bears paid him a lot of money and that compounded with the always having to launch a comeback is what is causing the issues. Most teams in the league don't/can't stay committed to the run when they're trailing by a couple scores.

Comment

Working...
                                X