No announcement yet.

Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm praying for another miracle like the Giants beating the Pats a couple years ago. I'm a Saints fan, so I'm elated to see them in the Super Bowl. I just think our defense won't have an answer for Peyton. I hope I'm wrong though, but if I was a betting man I'd put my money on the Colts.

Comment

Well I'm a Payton Manning fan so we have a problem.

The Saint were lucky to make it to the bowl game and I'm not so sure they're ready for the Colts even with two weeks of planning. I am predicting one of those oddly common one sided Super Bowl scores.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        Well I'm a Payton Manning fan so we have a problem.

The Saint were lucky to make it to the bowl game and I'm not so sure they're ready for the Colts even with two weeks of planning. I am predicting one of those oddly common one sided Super Bowl scores.
        Lucky? How do you figure? It came down to mistakes and mentally the Saints were far more superior than the Vikings yesterday. Although his numbers weren't his usual explosive stats, Brees played the perfect game. The better team won yesterday Apollo. Give credit where credit is due. N.O. deserves to be in the Bowl this season.

Comment

Hey, I equally hate the Vikings and the Saints so please make me pick my poison here.

Comment

Saints over Colts. Book it
            Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

Favre is a tragic hero?

It was not enough for Favre's team to reach the Super Bowl -- he had to get the credit. Game tied with 19 seconds remaining, Favre scrambled at about the New Orleans 40-yard line, with open field ahead of him. All he needed to do was run a few yards, hook-slide, call timeout, and the Vikings' strong-legged kicker, Ryan Longwell, had a solid chance to win the NFC championship. But the credit had to go to Favre; he had to throw a spectacular pass at the end, so television announcers would swoon. So he heave-hoed a dramatic across-the-field pass. It was intercepted, and the Saints won in overtime.

Perhaps you are thinking, "It was just a dumb mistake, and the whole thing happened in a couple of seconds." No. Two years of Favre's life built up to that moment. For two years, Favre has insisted that entire NFL franchises, the Jets and the Vikings, become thralls to his celebrity. He has used his stature to demand, demand, demand -- the crux of the demands are always attention and publicity for himself. Now he is brought low. In two of the past three seasons, Favre has lost in the NFC Championship Game. Each time, his team seemed poised to win at the end; each time, Favre's final play was a disastrous interception. And each of those title losses eventually came in overtime -- to punish Favre for his hamartia, twice the football gods allowed him to come so close, so close, then denied him. Favre has been brought so low, he is now being laughed at in Wisconsin, and he has only himself to blame.
              ESPN.com

Comment

I really wish it wasn't two teams I liked in this one. I was kind of hoping for a Saints/Jets or Colts/Vikes Super Bowl. But oh well, I guess I gotta go with the team team I'm puttin' money on. Go Colts! Peyton deserves this one too, great season with a few unknowns!

Props to the OLG and NBA for finally getting pro ball back on the Pro-Line!! Now i can start winning again...

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  That was Gregg Easterbook at his finest (aka the TMQ). My hate for Brett Farve started after he tried to fuck over the Packers two years ago and add that to the list of commentators who suck him dry every Vikings game, made that interception even better

Comment

Congrats to the Saints. I doubted them every step of the way.

Comment

BOOOOOOOOOO Apollo. I knew they were gonna win. Now it is time to rub this in all of my friends faces
                      Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

Winning gracefully, that's the spirit!

Comment

I saw this pic and couldn't help but chuckle a bit...

Comment

the only thing i relate to the saints that i like is this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD_0fqvT32g
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

seattle had an amazing draft day/draft day trades...leon washington + lendale white + earl thomas + russell okung ...

pete caroll has started the year in a great way...

now all they need is a qb for the future and they are set....

Comment

A00715890 wrote: View Post
                                seattle had an amazing draft day/draft day trades...leon washington + lendale white + earl thomas + russell okung ...

pete caroll has started the year in a great way...

now all they need is a qb for the future and they are set....
                                Agreed, A007 on the part that Seattle had a fantastic draft. Earl Thomas along with Aaron Curry is going to lead that defense for years.

They have their QB of the future in Charlie Whitehurst who they got from teh Chargers for a 2011 3rd rounder.

I think San Fran had a fantastic draft with the drafting of the 2 offensive linemen, Taylor Mays from USC and Navarro Brown.

The Giants had a very sold draft with JPP and Livan Joseph.

I like what the Ravens did with their draft. Kindle and Coady were very solid moves.

Comment

Working...
                                X