Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    Cards, Jags and Bucs in mix for Murray as per Ian Rapoport.

Giants are very serious about Vereen as per NY Daily News. I think he could help out Eli a lot in that new quick pass offense.

Vikings kicking the tires on Ridley as per Pioneer Press. I hope he lands here because I signed him near the end of last season in the Dynasty. That would be a good landing spot for a prove it year.

CJ is almost averaging 5 YPC for his career. He was hampered by lower body injuries and a poor O-line. Best case scenario for him is Murray signing with anyone but the Cowboys and then the Cowboys bringing him in.

Anyway, on a 30 man roster he's worth a flier(just like Ridley) instead of waiting for someone to sign him in a RB hunger system and then having to burn a 2nd or 3rd rounder on him in August. I traded away a 2nd rounder and so rolling the dice on Spiller and Ridley were essential to make up for that.
    Love Vereen in Giants blue. Great choice for them (depending on the price).

CJ had 3.8 YPC last year before he got hurt. He'll need to land in a very good spot to really bounce back into fantasy relevance. Low risk gamble for you to be sure, but not someone I want to trade for.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
      If Murray goes to Jags or Bucs, he doesn't care to win. We'll find someone that can run behind that o-line.
      He stuck with the Cowboys for this long, so obviously he doesn't care about winning.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Still can't get tweets to embed:

"Got this from someone close to 80: Dre on owners private jet headed to Indy. He called Gore & they agreed both to Indy. Philly wanted both"

Gore and Johnson teaming up in free agency, with Indy as the destination.

Comment

Gore backed just out on the Eagles and so now they're in great need of a RB again. Maybe they turn their attention to DeMarco now?

Yeah, all those rumors turned out to be bogus; four years, $40M and staying at home. I don't know how the Packers earned the reputation as being cheap. I mean do these writers realize how much they're paying Aaron Rodgers? Looks what they're paying old man Peppers.

Anyway, if Andre Johnson is smart he'll opt to go talk to the Patriots. He can have "#1 status there" while suiting up in an offense that spreads it around yet wins championships. Him and Tom probably have the same expiry date as well so it makes sense.
          i said from the start i wouldn't be shocked if cobb stayed, he seems like a pretty loyal guy and what wr would want to move on from Rodgers? like, i like Carr and think he's got a bright future but cmon.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            He stuck with the Cowboys for this long, so obviously he doesn't care about winning.
            ZING!!! lol

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              Still can't get tweets to embed:

"Got this from someone close to 80: Dre on owners private jet headed to Indy. He called Gore & they agreed both to Indy. Philly wanted both"

Ex-college teammates, reuniting! Colts are gonna be scary next year if they pull this off. Still can't believe they lost Peyton for a year and sucked enough to get Luck... Those fans are spoiled. They're gonna be good for a long time with that guy under center.

Comment

Ex-college teammates, reuniting! Colts are gonna be scary next year if they pull this off. Still can't believe they lost Peyton for a year and sucked enough to get Luck... Those fans are spoiled. They're gonna be good for a long time with that guy under center.
                Yup. Luck has helped that team overachieve a bit, but they have some solid pieces and aren't far off from being a legit contender.

Comment

If Murray goes to Jags or Bucs, he doesn't care to win. We'll find someone that can run behind that o-line.
                  If I'm a RB closing in on 30 and I just went through one of the heaviest workloads in NFL history I might be inclined to go play for the team offering the most guaranteed money because I'm assuming my agent is smart and has reminded me about Terrell Davis, Stephen Alexander, Jamal Anderson, Stephen Davis, etc. All these guys ended on different terms but none of them lasted much longer than Murray and they all took a beating grinding it out for their teams.

At the end of the day the Cowboys are probably better off passing if the Jags high bid. Maybe Murray goes off again but the safe bet for a team with some years left on Romo might be to take a RB with a high pick. One that knows how to block and can run between the tackles. Another idea in the short term would be to pull the trigger on a trade for Fred Jackson, he might have one more season left in the tank and he looks like the odd man out in Buffalo. Who knows, maybe AP hits the market and they go after him or maybe Ray Rice flashes something in a workout and they don't mind taking a PR hard as hard as an angry Ray left alone with his wife and a few security cameras.

Axel wrote: View Post
                  Love Vereen in Giants blue. Great choice for them (depending on the price).

CJ had 3.8 YPC last year before he got hurt. He'll need to land in a very good spot to really bounce back into fantasy relevance. Low risk gamble for you to be sure, but not someone I want to trade for.
                  Four years, $16M. Google it, its done. Nice pick up for the Giants and maybe he gives them what they envisioned from David Wilson.

Axel wrote: View Post
                  Still can't get tweets to embed:

Well that makes the Colts more versatile. If T-Rich is still on the team it won't be for long now.

Andre Johnson isn't Andre @#$%'in Johnson anymore though so lets not get too excited.

ceez wrote: View Post
                  i said from the start i wouldn't be shocked if cobb stayed, he seems like a pretty loyal guy and what wr would want to move on from Rodgers? like, i like Carr and think he's got a bright future but cmon.
                  All it takes is one blind pass from a young QB under pressure and a dirty player like Brandon Meriweather racing over the middle and it can be lights out on a career pretty quickly. After you get your first bad concussion they tend to happen far easier after that... Other teams may have offered him more but he's most likely to see a full contract in Green Bay than any of those other places that's for sure.

Comment

• Bryan Bulaga Re-Signs With Packers

Aaron Rodgers, head hunters trying hit you into oblivion got you down? Don't worry because Bryan Bulaga is coming back so you now only need to escape the pocket running for your life only 3 out of 4 plays...

Two for two on their high profile FA's now.

EDIT: Just read the Packers lost Davon House to the Jags... Probably for the best though. The Packers are perennial contenders because of cap management and good drafting. Not everybody can get paid when you draft like them.

Comment

• Seahawks got Jimmy Graham in a trade... this is bonkers all this shit! How does one keep up?!?!?! lol

Seattle is gonna be darn near unstoppable now. Fuck.

Comment

• Haloti Ngata traded to the Lions for picks. One of my all-time fav Ravens. Never thought he'd really be gone but his $16M cap number was too high.

In Ozzie We Trust

Comment

• Foles traded for Bradford.

If Bradford is healthy, then he's a good option for Chip Kelly.

Who knows what Foles will do in St Louis though. They hardly have any weapons on offence.

Comment

• Bradford is a very talented QB and if only he could stay healthy he might be a factor in the league. As far as I remember he has a very high annual salary compared to Foles so this is quite the gamble for Kelly but it's clear Foles is nothing to write home about and doesn't have the arm or flare Kelly wants running his offense. It's a good risk to take and it'll be interesting to see if the change of scenery will allow Braford to get a couple good bounces.

I don't get the Jimmy Graham trade, are the Saints going all in on the ground game now? I mean I look at the trade and they're getting a good center and a 1st rounders, they locked up Ingram long term... Brees clearly took a step back last season and I think this speaks volumes about how much time the Saints feel Brees has left on the clock. Wow, the Seahawks just keep getting better... EDIT: ESPN is saying this is a cap thing for the Saints. Right, you trade your best weapon in his prime to make cap space, sorry, not buying it.

In other news, Harvin is on the market and the Patriots are inquiring. They're also sniffing around Spiller which makes sense because they just lost Vereen. I think Spiller wants Vereen money and so what am I missing here?

Raiders making a run at Murray. There are now five teams in the hunt.

CRAZY off-season, I've never seen anything like this.

Comment

Bradford is a very talented QB and if only he could stay healthy he might be a factor in the league. As far as I remember he has a very high annual salary compared to Foles so this is quite the gamble for Kelly but it's clear Foles is nothing to write home about and doesn't have the arm or flare Kelly wants running his offense. It's a good risk to take and it'll be interesting to see if the change of scenery will allow Braford to get a couple good bounces.

I don't get the Jimmy Graham trade, are the Saints going all in on the ground game now? I mean I look at the trade and they're getting a good center and a 1st rounders, they locked up Ingram long term... Brees clearly took a step back last season and I think this speaks volumes about how much time the Saints feel Brees has left on the clock. Wow, the Seahawks just keep getting better... EDIT: ESPN is saying this is a cap thing for the Saints. Right, you trade your best weapon in his prime to make cap space, sorry, not buying it.

In other news, Harvin is on the market and the Patriots are inquiring. They're also sniffing around Spiller which makes sense because they just lost Vereen. I think Spiller wants Vereen money and so what am I missing here?

Raiders making a run at Murray. There are now five teams in the hunt.

CRAZY off-season, I've never seen anything like this.
                              It was apparent last year that they were very hesitant to pay Graham the big money. Still, big shock.

Comment

• Weird, apparently the Graham trade only saves the Saints $2M.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/03/10/nfl...ints-max-unger

Comment

Working...
                                X