X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First 2016 Mock Draft is out!!

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/05/04/201...kman-joey-bosa
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      So ridiculous! haha but Cowboys are picking 28th, no Super Bowl again

Comment

• They clearly got the order wrong here. The Packers should be the last team on that list.

Somebody is a little too enthusiastic about the draft to be already mocking. I think they threw a pretty big insult at the Chargers. The Charger will be vying for a wildcard.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          They clearly got the order wrong here. The Packers should be the last team on that list.

Somebody is a little too enthusiastic about the draft to be already mocking. I think they threw a pretty big insult at the Chargers. The Charger will be vying for a wildcard.
          They do it every year and the order is set by Vegas Superbowl Odds.

"The final tally from last year's way-too-early mock: 14 of the 32 players named landed in Round 1 of this year's draft, another five heard their names called in Round 2 and three prospects returned to school (two of them finding their way into this mock again). The initial 2015 mock, published in May of 2014, did hit on the Jameis Winston-to-Tampa Bay and Marcus Mariota-to-Tennessee predictions, so I'll make sure to check the mail for my trophy."

Not bad accuracy for a full year out.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Don't know if anyone else saw this, but a draft pick had his childhood house burn down during Day 2 of the draft, while he was hosting a draft party in it.

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/05/05/grady-...e-tuggle-fire/

Crazy story. Can't make this stuff up.

Comment

• Luckily only material things were damaged; no one was hurt.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• More shots fired by McCoy at Chip Kelly. This is a big one though:

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/05/06/les...ips-chip-kelly

"You see how fast he got rid of all the good players. Especially all the good black players. He got rid of them the fastest," McCoy said in the interview.

Comment

• McCoy is being unprofessional in my opinion. He's still starting, he got his contract, he's a baby. He's only proving Chip was right if he's not tough enough to handle this better.

Agholor(black), Rowe(black), Hicks(black), Sheperd(black), Evans(black), Mihalik(white). That's Chips 2015 draft rounds 1-7.

Chip looks to have gotten rid of guys who don't fit his system and there is a higher ratio of black players in the NFL so it's only natural that he moved on from more black players than white players. If anyone has a race problem I'd guess it's McCoy for bringing this up...

Comment

McCoy is being unprofessional in my opinion. He's still starting, he got his contract, he's a baby. He's only proving Chip was right if he's not tough enough to handle this better.

Agholor(black), Rowe(black), Hicks(black), Sheperd(black), Evans(black), Mihalik(white). That's Chips 2015 draft rounds 1-7.

Chip looks to have gotten rid of guys who don't fit his system and there is a higher ratio of black players in the NFL so it's only natural that he moved on from more black players than white players.
                    I agree on all counts. Only thing I disagree with Kelly on is the way he got rid of some players; not enough return. He's selling low in part to prove a point but it is hubris to conduct things that way.

I mean, trading McCoy for an injured 3rd year linebacker. Come on, surely you could get more than that if you actually shopped him.

I don't think Kelly is a racist, but he certainly is arrogant.

Comment

• Shady's a notoriously terrible human being. i wouldn't put any stock in what that idiot has to say.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I agree on all counts. Only thing I disagree with Kelly on is the way he got rid of some players; not enough return. He's selling low in part to prove a point but it is hubris to conduct things that way.

I mean, trading McCoy for an injured 3rd year linebacker. Come on, surely you could get more than that if you actually shopped him.

i actually think Kelly's got the better of most trades. Shady's a 30 year old RB. he sold hiiiiigh. Kiko's a hell of a LB at a position of need.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                          i actually think Kelly's got the better of most trades. Shady's a 30 year old RB. he sold hiiiiigh. Kiko's a hell of a LB at a position of need.
                          Kiko is coming off a torn ACL. 1 great rookie season and 1 torn ACL season. That is not selling high for the guy who lead the league in yards recently. Look at the Peterson trade talk, first rounders, 2nd rounders, and that is selling from a position of weakness since AP has said he doesn't want to be in Minnesota.

In a league where smart asset management is essential to work under the cap, think Kelly has made rash decisions and is putting too much faith in his "system". The system can be great, but you still need to manage assets properly to maximize your success.

Comment

I think you're letting your opinion of him cloud the events. Fact of the matter is:
                            • Trades are rare in the NFL; what you saw this off-season was highly unusual.
                            • We have no idea how much Chip shopped Shady and have no idea as to what other offers were on the table. For all we know he could have talked to all the clubs and this was the best offer.
                            • Chip got a really good player in return who fits his system and was one of the hottest young players prior to his injury.
                            • Chip replaced Shady with rushing king DeMarco Murray(who the Cowboy got nothing for) and Ryan Mathews (who the Chargers got nothing for).

Honestly, I'd take those three guys over Shady McCoy.

Axel wrote: View Post
                            Kiko is coming off a torn ACL. 1 great rookie season and 1 torn ACL season. That is not selling high for the guy who lead the league in yards recently. Look at the Peterson trade talk, first rounders, 2nd rounders, and that is selling from a position of weakness since AP has said he doesn't want to be in Minnesota.

In a league where smart asset management is essential to work under the cap, think Kelly has made rash decisions and is putting too much faith in his "system". The system can be great, but you still need to manage assets properly to maximize your success.
                            With modern medicine ACL's aren't what they used to be and the Eagles doctors had to check the guy out before the trade went down.

What did the Vikings actually get for Peterson again? Exactly.

Kelly is managing his assets. He upgraded his defense and cleared cap to bring in two bruisers for the offense. Honestly, what did he do wrong based on what we for sure know? If he sits on his hands he misses out on Murray and Mathew and perhaps has to spend his draft picks differently.

Comment

I think you're letting your opinion of him cloud the events. Fact of the matter is:
                              • Trades are rare in the NFL; what you saw this off-season was highly unusual.
                              • We have no idea how much Chip shopped Shady and have no idea as to what other offers were on the table. For all we know he could have talked to all the clubs and this was the best offer.
                              • Chip got a really good player in return who fits his system and was one of the hottest young players prior to his injury.
                              • Chip replaced Shady with rushing king DeMarco Murray(who the Cowboy got nothing for) and Ryan Mathews (who the Chargers got nothing for).

Honestly, I'd take those three guys over Shady McCoy.
                              Considering I had no opinion of Chip Kelly before these moves, not sure that is true.

NFL rumours are ALWAYS broken. League is too well covered for their to be Masai like silence. If Shady was shopped around, someone would have said something cause someone always does. Hard to believe that Arizona wouldn't have offered multiple picks (which are more valuable than a LB).

ACL injury is no joke. Hopefully Alonso is back and healthy, but nothing is guaranteed. Don't pay for history, buy for future.

Landing Murray was dumb luck as much as anything. Dallas was stupid too, not exactly great team building strategy. If Dallas had done what just about every other team would have done (just resign Murray) then what would Kelly have?

Mathews isn't a replacement though. He's always hurt and has been largely a disappointment in the NFL. You can't say that he is a fair value replacement for McCoy. He's a backup option at best.

Comment

• DEFLATE GATE REPORT IS OUT

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/05/06/def...n-wells-report

The report, released Wednesday, found "it is more probable than not that New England Patriots personnel participated in violations of the Playing Rules and were involved in a deliberate effort to circumvent the rules." The report also states that it is probable Tom Brady "was at least generally aware of... the release of air from Patriots game balls​."

The report found that officials' locker room attendant Jim McNally and equipment assistant John Jastremski "participated in a deliberate effort to release air from Patriots game balls after the balls were examined by the referee."

The NFL is considering discipline for Brady, McNally and Jastremski, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.

Comment

Working...
                                X