Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    You've gotta be fucking kidding me. Deshaun Watson has suffered a torn ACL in practice.. ffs. Non-contact injury.
    There’s goes my fantasy season. Most impressive rookie QB in a long time. Tough break for a team that already lost JJ Watt.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
      That really sucks man. Hate hearing about these injuries to the good guys... Hope he makes it back for the beginning of next season. ACL's suck!!!!
      Non-contact ACL injuries really really suck. We have to find a way on how to predict this shit.

Comment

Non-contact ACL injuries really really suck. We have to find a way on how to predict this shit.
        I know, I've torn both of mine in the last 5 years. I'll never play in the outfield again, thats for sure.

I did get one of them big old offensive linemen knee braces for $1800 though! Thankfully most of it was covered by OHIP...

Comment

You've gotta be fucking kidding me. Deshaun Watson has suffered a torn ACL in practice.. ffs. Non-contact injury.
          WTF. Hopefully this isn't a RGIII career path for the rookie. I say that because the last QB sensation on this level was RGIII and he went down in his rookie year.

Comment

I know, I've torn both of mine in the last 5 years. I'll never play in the outfield again, thats for sure.

I did get one of them big old offensive linemen knee braces for $1800 though! Thankfully most of it was covered by OHIP...
            How are your knees now?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              How are your knees now?
              Right knee has been fine for a few years since 2013 surgery. Left knee isn't too good, doctor has only performed meniscus surgery(in Feb) - ACL & MCL still torn but he thinks its best if I dont do surgery and try to rehab them back to normal. I'm able to run, jog, ride and everything, havent really tried pivoting though I did play a couple games at second base to end the season in September.

I'm sure the road to recovery is much easier for pro athletes, with all their time and attention going towards rehab. A lot tougher for the average dude/gal having work and all that other good stuff.

Comment

• I wish you the best with it, hopefully you're back to normal soon. I remember you telling us before about it. The silver lining here is you're still young and so that bodes well in the recovery.

Comment

• FREE ZEKE!!

lol when will it all end? Hope he can just finish this season out... then we draft a RB in round 3 or 4 and have his replacement for the first 6 games next year.

Comment

Right knee has been fine for a few years since 2013 surgery. Left knee isn't too good, doctor has only performed meniscus surgery(in Feb) - ACL & MCL still torn but he thinks its best if I dont do surgery and try to rehab them back to normal. I'm able to run, jog, ride and everything, havent really tried pivoting though I did play a couple games at second base to end the season in September.

I'm sure the road to recovery is much easier for pro athletes, with all their time and attention going towards rehab. A lot tougher for the average dude/gal having work and all that other good stuff.
                    I rehabbed my acl tear w/o surgery, too. Funny story that. Doc recommended to delay surgery for 10 weeks. But at the pre-op appointment I was informed that I won't be needing surgery anymore. Just keep rehabbing it. I also ended up on a clinical trial, got paid £1500 for following hospital's advice on recovery + will get paid £500 on five-year follow up appointment

Comment

I rehabbed my acl tear w/o surgery, too. Funny story that. Doc recommended to delay surgery for 10 weeks. But at the pre-op appointment I was informed that I won't be needing surgery anymore. Just keep rehabbing it. I also ended up on a clinical trial, got paid £1500 for following hospital's advice on recovery + will get paid £500 on five-year follow up appointment
                      Damn, they pay you for getting injured on that side of the pond? Fockin' 'ell mate! Do you have to pay for rehab sessions or is that what the 1500 is for? What's their advice involve?

Comment

Damn, they pay you for getting injured on that side of the pond? Fockin' 'ell mate! Do you have to pay for rehab sessions or is that what the 1500 is for? What's their advice involve?
                        Everything was free after they put me on a university's clinical trial. Hospital paid for private rehab and expenses. I went through ~6 months long rehab which involved strengthening, mobility and proprioception exercises. Next 3 months were followed by functional drills like hopping exercises, box jumps, etc. Rehab took much longer than expected though. I still felt lingering pain by the 4th month. Pain only got better at the end of rehab.

I had to sign privacy waivers about my knee injury and rehab so they could use obtained info for studies, comparisons, etc..

Comment

Everything was free after they put me on a university's clinical trial. Hospital paid for private rehab and expenses. I went through ~6 months long rehab which involved strengthening, mobility and proprioception exercises. Next 3 months were followed by functional drills like hopping exercises, box jumps, etc. Rehab took much longer than expected though. I still felt lingering pain by the 4th month. Pain only got better at the end of rehab.

I had to sign privacy waivers about my knee injury and rehab so they could use obtained info for studies, comparisons, etc..
                          Wish I had that opportunity! Glad to hear you've healed up, it's gotta be one of the worst sports injuries out there...

The physio therapists charge so much here, I probably did about 6 or 7 sessions before my benefits ran out. Thankfully a friend was doing personal training around that time, so after the first couple months of doing just stretches I got into the weights. Plan on getting into the weights for my left knee within a couple weeks, then I should be good to go by spring time.

I still remember the first knee POP and then the second knee SNAP CRACKLE POP from both injuries clear as day...

Comment

Wish I had that opportunity! Glad to hear you've healed up, it's gotta be one of the worst sports injuries out there...

The physio therapists charge so much here, I probably did about 6 or 7 sessions before my benefits ran out. Thankfully a friend was doing personal training around that time, so after the first couple months of doing just stretches I got into the weights. Plan on getting into the weights for my left knee within a couple weeks, then I should be good to go by spring time.

I still remember the first knee POP and then the second knee SNAP CRACKLE POP from both injuries clear as day...
                            Yeah it must be hard to trust your knees again. I don't remember anything though, I've injured my knee on a night out

Comment

FREE ZEKE!!

lol when will it all end? Hope he can just finish this season out... then we draft a RB in round 3 or 4 and have his replacement for the first 6 games next year.
                              I don't understand what they mean by temporary "hold". Why did judge only allow Zeke to play in one game? I mean it should last much longer. There are no case judges assigned, nobody heard arguments. This is shambles

Comment

Yeah it must be hard to trust your knees again. I don't remember anything though, I've injured my knee on a night out
                                At least you missed the initial pain lol

Comment

Working...
                                X