No announcement yet.

Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably the best SB I have witnessed (sans the half time show!). High intensity/top shelf quality football. Glad the Chiefs won.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
      Probably the best SB I have witnessed (sans the half time show!). High intensity/top shelf quality football. Glad the Chiefs won.
      I quite enjoyed that halftime show.

Comment

• Appearing on the Rich Eisen Show last week, ESPN's Adam Schefter stated he expects the Titans to "be in the mix" for impending free agent Tom Brady.

Schefter started out his Titans-Brady discussion by stating his colleague at ESPN, Jeff Darlington, "basically handicapped the Titans as the favorite right now." Per Schefter, Darlington ordered the likelihood of destinations as Titans No. 1, Raiders No. 2, and Patriots No. 3. Schefter added the Chargers to the discussion as a long shot. Brady has obvious connections to the Titans, having played with coach Mike Vrabel in New England, while GM Jon Robinson was a former Patriots executive. The Titans are also a playoff-ready team Brady would be looking for if he were to leave New England. The Titans' quarterback situation is fascinating, with both Ryan Tannehill and Marcus Mariota slated for free agency.
        https://www.rotoworld.com/football/n...9951/tom-brady

Not even loyalty to Golden Boy or is it loyalty used up by the Pats?
        Last edited by Apollo; Tue Feb 25, 2020, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          https://www.rotoworld.com/football/n...9951/tom-brady

Not even loyalty to Golden Boy or is it loyalty used up by the Pats?
          I think Brady is simply looking at the rosters and recognizing that a strong run game and a strong defence is what he needs to win. Combine that with a coach he knows in Vrabel and an exciting young WR in AJ Brown, and it's a simple desire to play on a strong team. The Pats without Brady aren't as good as the Titans without Brady, and as he is nearly 70 years old now, he just wants to put himself in the best spot to win. I don't know if I believe that the Pats are the 3rd option, but the Titans makes a lot of sense, especially since both of their QBs are free agents and neither guy is someone that teams would really want to tie themselves too.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• He's at a point in his career where he's slightly better than a "game manager". It would be smart to go to the Titans but I think the 49ers would be the very best fit for him.

Comment

• How about Gronk to the Bucs ... I fucking called that. Lol

Comment

• Brady has better receiving options this year than any time since the year Randy Moss was with the Patriots. Their running back situation is not that good right now though. Hopefully there's a season!

Comment

• Any really really early pre season bets as to who makes the conference championships?

Its post FA
                  Its post Draft
                  and at this writing....It’s post Drew Bree’s saying what he said.

Best guesses are
                  SanFran vs Seattle...... outside shot status to Tampa Bay and GreenBay

Baltimore vs KC...........outside shot status to Buffalo and Indy.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

• So, the season starts September 10th. Hopefully. What are the odds of it happening, any guesses?

Comment

So, the season starts September 10th. Hopefully. What are the odds of it happening, any guesses?
                      i think the odds of it happening in some sort of condensed format are decent... maybe 50%?

if there is a season i don't see it starting sep 10th at this point... training camp is supposed to start in two weeks and they are still in negotiation with the players association i think. there are a lot of details to be worked out yet.

Comment

So, the season starts September 10th. Hopefully. What are the odds of it happening, any guesses?
                        More optomistic ...
                        Think the NFL gets their season in ... Not confident with the current situation in the US that the season kicks off on Sept 10 though.
                        They can delay a couple months if they have to and play the season out with the Super Bowl in March or April.
                        I think you see some fans in the stands.. but not at the outset.
                        - TGO

Comment

• OK... so the first week was as close to game day as it gets on TV....

Just from how the season opened up.

1. Incredibly few flags all things considered. It didn't look like preseasons game which it might have been as this is the first game that has been played. Teams are executing at a high level.
                          2. That Pass Interference call is getting a tipping point. Players settle it. Not Video Replay Review. The refs are good.. let em call the game with some leeway.
                          3. Tampa Bay Bradys no matter the spin have some work to do.
                          4. My team... The Four Falls of Buffalo..... wins in spite of itself. They are better this year than last. Just one guys. Just one.
                          5. Russell Wilson is everything and more. I get the Lamar Jackson stuff. He is really good. Wilson has been that good for years. Is this his MVP year ?

- TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                            OK... so the first week was as close to game day as it gets on TV....

Just from how the season opened up.

1. Incredibly few flags all things considered. It didn't look like preseasons game which it might have been as this is the first game that has been played. Teams are executing at a high level.
                            2. That Pass Interference call is getting a tipping point. Players settle it. Not Video Replay Review. The refs are good.. let em call the game with some leeway.
                            3. Tampa Bay Bradys no matter the spin have some work to do.
                            4. My team... The Four Falls of Buffalo..... wins in spite of itself. They are better this year than last. Just one guys. Just one.
                            5. Russell Wilson is everything and more. I get the Lamar Jackson stuff. He is really good. Wilson has been that good for years. Is this his MVP year ?

re: 5 - man i hope so. for my money, russell wilson's been the best quarterback in the league since he entered the NFL, on balance. he's played only behind offensive lines that have topped out as average, and most have been godawful. his weapons have only ever been mediocre (looking to finally be above average this season!). the margin by which his completion percentage exceeds his expected completion percentage has routinely been at or near the top of the league, throwing guys open and fitting balls into windows that aren't there. as i much as i love pete carroll's demeanor as a coach, he's ultra-conservative and still coaches like he's in new england in the 90's while the rest of the league is airing it out. and he's never had a losing (or even .500) season.

i also get how unreal jackson and mahomes are, but i'd love to see how wilson would fare in a system tailored to his strengths like the former or behind the line and with the cast of skill position players of the latter.

Comment

• So Aaron Rodgers has been going on the Pat McAfee show for some time now. It's typically every Tuesday.

Does any other elite player in the league open himself up like this weekly?

Comment

• As a giants fan I just have 1 thing to say... Fuck you Doug Petersen. Bandwagoning the Bill's from here on out. A matchup in the AFC finals with the champs has the making of a classic
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X