Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chris wrote: View Post
    well tampa got to rodgers again like they did in the previous matchup which DS mentioned above. hard to say how much of that is on the O-line when tampa blitzes more aggressively than any other team in the league.

rodgers talking after the game like it might have been his last with the packers. probably he was just frustrated with the outcome and with the decision to kick the FG in particular. i do wonder if GB might be amenable to moving on though if they could get a haul for him in a trade. they did spend a first on drafting his replacement, and have about as good an infrastructure one could put a young QB in
    Was interesting that both Buffalo and Green Bay decided to kick field goals when they had 4th and goal chances. Buffalo went with that decision twice. Both Buffalo and Green Bay were excellent in the red zone as well. Felt like both teams should have gambled. Either way in hindsight was a bad decision both ways and they'll have to think about that all season.

As for retirement.. I'm not sure if Rodgers is actually happy playing football. The guy looks like a miserable SOB every time he's out there. Might be time to hang it up if you're not having fun anymore. He gets to guest host for Jeopardy soon (he's a life long fan).. they are looking for a permanent replacement for Alex. Might not be a bad gig if he can get it (or wants it).

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Was interesting that both Buffalo and Green Bay decided to kick field goals when they had 4th and goal chances. Buffalo went with that decision twice. Both Buffalo and Green Bay were excellent in the red zone as well. Felt like both teams should have gambled. Either way in hindsight was a bad decision both ways and they'll have to think about that all season.

As for retirement.. I'm not sure if Rodgers is actually happy playing football. The guy looks like a miserable SOB every time he's out there. Might be time to hang it up if you're not having fun anymore. He gets to guest host for Jeopardy soon (he's a life long fan).. they are looking for a permanent replacement for Alex. Might not be a bad gig if he can get it (or wants it).
      yeah it was definitely odd because both teams were super aggressive going for it all season long. seems both mcdermott's and lafleur's balls shrunk in the moment, for whatever reason.

lol at calling rodgers a miserable SOB. i don't disagree in general - i like to troll the packers fans in my life by reminding them that even his own family can't stand him, and former teammates have not said said the kindest things about him - but my impression was that he seemed genuinely more enthused this year.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

yeah it was definitely odd because both teams were super aggressive going for it all season long. seems both mcdermott's and lafleur's balls shrunk in the moment, for whatever reason.

lol at calling rodgers a miserable SOB. i don't disagree in general - i like to troll the packers fans in my life by reminding them that even his own family can't stand him, and former teammates have not said said the kindest things about him - but my impression was that he seemed genuinely more enthused this year.
        My Bills were never going to catch up after they didn’t score a td at the end of the 1st half. KC has the best offense in the game right now and the bills couldn’t stay with them.......

but the Lafleur decision was really bad. He needed a major score and they were right down there inside the 10. Even if you missed getting it in you still make Brady start at the 10 and you have all your TO’s. Instead he kicks...Brady gets the ball back at the 25 AND you still need to get the touchdown. It’s crazy down on the sideline with everything on the line but that’s a bad whiff by LaFleur.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• OK.... last team standing is going to be ?

- Im going with the new sherrif in town who is wearing number 15 in red.
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Feb 2, 2021, 03:02 PM.
          - TGO

Comment

• My mind says Chiefs are gonna win, but my gut tells me Tompa Bay is gonna pull it off.

Bucs 31 - Chiefs 28

Comment

• Chiefs might be missing their starting center which can be a big loss.. but going with KC here. Tampa is good. Brady is great. But I just think Hill/Kelce/Mahomes are just too awesome. Even though they all seem to be little punks.

Rooting for the Bucs at home.. but I would bet on the Chiefs if I had any money lol

Comment

• For all die hard NFL fans...
                This Friday night on TSN 1,3,4 and 5 at 11:30 eastern is ESPNs 30 for 30 series latest documentary.

Al Davis vs The NFL.

Live or PVR.....it’s probably must watch.

- TGO

Comment

• I'm cheering for the Chiefs. That's what its come down to for Super Bowl Sunday. It'll be interesting to see if the refs make multiple major screw up calls in favor of the Bucs again. Even with that, Mahommes might be too much.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    I'm cheering for the Chiefs. That's what its come down to for Super Bowl Sunday. It'll be interesting to see if the refs make multiple major screw up calls in favor of the Bucs again. Even with that, Mahommes might be too much.
                    Prop bets.
                    1. First DPI call goes against ?
                    2. First Roughing the Passer goes against ?
                    3. First TD ?
                    4. Who leads at the half ?

1. KC
                    2. KC
                    3. KC
                    4. Tampa

- TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Prop bets.
                      3. First TD ?

1. KC
                      2. KC
                      3. KC
                      4. Tampa
                      I don't believe there's a Golden Boy conspiracy with the officiating but I can understand if someone believed in a conspiracy after the NFC title game. It seemed inconsistent in favor of the Bucs. Not all through the game but on the key plays, the big plays that shift momentum or that keep a team under wraps.

I won't be shocked if your prediction plays out.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

I don't believe there's a Golden Boy conspiracy with the officiating but I can understand if someone believed in a conspiracy after the NFC title game. It seemed inconsistent in favor of the Bucs. Not all through the game but on the key plays, the big plays that shift momentum or that keep a team under wraps.

I won't be shocked if your prediction plays out.
                        The tuck rule lives on in infamy.

- TGO

Comment

• tough game to pick. i think i'd bet tampa. not because of brady or any bullshit like that but because i think bowles' blitzing defense could really get home on the chiefs missing both their tackles. they pressured rodgers repeatedly in both green bay games and i think they have the best line in the league.

if anyone is equipped to deal with blitzes and take advantage of 1 on 1's while under fire it's mahomes so we'll see.

i think it's a coin flip but can already see myself rolling my eyes at the brady fellating if he has another unspectacular performance that results in a win, so am picking bucs. go chiefs though

Comment

Prop bets.
                            3. First TD ?

1. KC
                            2. KC
                            3. KC
                            4. Tampa

1. tampa
                            2. KC
                            3. tampa
                            4. tied

Comment

Prop bets.
                              3. First TD ?

1. KC
                              2. KC
                              3. KC
                              4. Tampa

1. KC
                              2. Nobody
                              3. Tampa
                              4. Tampa

Comment

• Bucks down by 4 and brady gets the ball back with 3 minutes left. Leads them down the field but a wrs drops a critical catch chiefs by 4
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X