No announcement yet.

Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QB could be a problem for them this season.

Comment

I think Apollo is right, I really don't think Charlie Whitehurst is their answer at QB. Maybe you give him a shot this year at some point to see what he's picked up over his first three seasons, but I'm sure they're going to have to either take someone in the draft next year or make a trade for a proven commodity. But Pete Carrol does know talent so I can't argue too much... yet.

Comment

They should make a play for Big Ben.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
          I think Apollo is right, I really don't think Charlie Whitehurst is their answer at QB. Maybe you give him a shot this year at some point to see what he's picked up over his first three seasons, but I'm sure they're going to have to either take someone in the draft next year or make a trade for a proven commodity. But Pete Carrol does know talent so I can't argue too much... yet.
          I like Whitehurst personally. He actually reminds me a lot of Hasselbeck when Hass got traded from GB to Seattle. It'll take him a year or two to actually get his feet on the ground, but he'll be a very productive QB. As for this year.. well..it's still Hasselbeck's team. Not a bad guy to learn from.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            They should make a play for Big Ben.
            The Steelers wanted a 1st rounder for Ben before the draft. Can't see the 'Hawks giving up next year's first rounder for him.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
              The Steelers wanted a 1st rounder for Ben before the draft. Can't see the 'Hawks giving up next year's first rounder for him.
              no way in hell the steelers trade big ben.....not a chance.....

Comment

A00715890 wrote: View Post
                They contacted several teams prior to the draft. There was thinking that the Raiders would trade their 1st rounder for him. The Rooneys want clean cut dudes on their team, hence why they traded Santonio Holmes. You better believe though that if Roethisberger slips up one more time, they won't hesitate to pull the trigger.

Comment

They contacted several teams prior to the draft. There was thinking that the Raiders would trade their 1st rounder for him. The Rooneys want clean cut dudes on their team, hence why they traded Santonio Holmes. You better believe though that if Roethisberger slips up one more time, they won't hesitate to pull the trigger.
                  maybe iam just naive...but i just dont see one of the top 5 qb's in the league getting traded for a 1st round draft pick...i understand the rooneys' prefer players with good character but the guy got them 2 superbows....and he, all by himself, kept them competitive in their division last season...

i also remember hearing (on nfl.com) steelers were trying to "scare" big ben...

Comment

Both the Rams and Raiders were linked in trade rumors. The draft may have changed the Rams stances but something tells me Campbell would not stop the Raiders from making a move for Big Ben. Big Ben is a meat head. I think he's hurt his reputation in Pittsburgh beyond repair.

Comment

maybe iam just naive...but i just dont see one of the top 5 qb's in the league getting traded for a 1st round draft pick...i understand the rooneys' prefer players with good character but the guy got them 2 superbows....and he, all by himself, kept them competitive in their division last season...

i also remember hearing (on nfl.com) steelers were trying to "scare" big ben...
                      Big Ben is a franchise player, a franchise QB - which are very hard to come by, and if they REALLY wanted to get rid of him, they very well could have, but I don't think they wanted him gone as much as Holmes.

I do think that this is Ben's last chance with the Steelers.

Comment

Pittsburgh authorities file report vs. Jets' Holmes for iPod incident

The New York Jets said Friday that authorities at Pittsburgh International Airport filed an incident report after wide receiver Santonio Holmes failed to follow flight regulations by not turning off his iPod as his plane was landing.

Jets spokesman Bruce Speight said the team was told Holmes was flying from Newark Liberty International Airport to Pittsburgh on Thursday night.

Speight said the report was filed with the Allegheny County Police Department after Holmes' flight landed. Holmes got off the plane, and police officers reminded him of complying with flight regulations, but the wide receiver wasn't charged.

This is the latest in a string of Holmes' run-ins with the law. He's facing a four-game suspension without pay for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy.

Holmes, 26, also is facing a civil lawsuit in Florida from a woman who claims he threw a glass at her -- cutting her above the eye -- in an Orlando nightclub, although the receiver denies it. In 2008, Holmes was arrested for possession of marijuana, and he was involved in a domestic violence incident in 2006. The misdemeanor charges were dismissed.

The Jets acquired the talented but troubled receiver from the Steelers on April 11 in return for a fifth-round pick in the NFL draft.
                        firstly, i've never had anyone at the airport or the airplane tell me to take off my ipod....as long as it doesnt connect to the internet....and how hard could it be to turn your ipod off....what an idiot....

Comment

firstly, i've never had anyone at the airport or the airplane tell me to take off my ipod....as long as it doesnt connect to the internet....and how hard could it be to turn your ipod off....what an idiot....
                          Really? It's pretty standard proceedure. Usually before takeoff the airline crew tells you power down all electonic devices including ipods. I usually try to hide my ipod so the crew can't see it, or I'll just plug my headphones into the seat jack and listen to their music.

Comment

I've flown a lot over the past two years for work and every flight I've been on the automated warning telling everyone to turn off electronic devices has come on the PA. Then the crew does a sweep telling us to take our head phones off, buckle up, etc. Although I've never been directly told, person to person, to turn the ipod off, I'm certain that if I were told and I did not comply there would be some sort of repercussions for it. The flight crew has the authority in the air, the rules are in place for reasons and if you don't want to listen to them then you deserve what you get. I'm tired of these immature spoiled sports athletes walking around like they're above everyone else because they can catch a football. Give me a break. I say make an example of him. I'm with you, he is an idiot.
                            Last edited by Apollo; Fri Apr 30, 2010, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Really? It's pretty standard proceedure. Usually before takeoff the airline crew tells you power down all electonic devices including ipods. I usually try to hide my ipod so the crew can't see it, or I'll just plug my headphones into the seat jack and listen to their music.
                              i usually fly from Vancouver to Prince George, almost every month (west jet)...and the crew is fine with ipods being on, as long as they dont receiver or send signals, ie, cellphone....

but maybe the rules are more strict in the states? and in Eastern Canada..haha?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                                I've flown a lot over the past two years for work and every flight I've been on the automated warning telling everyone to turn off electronic devices has come on the PA. Then the crew does a sweep telling us to take our head phones off, buckle up, etc. Although I've never been directly told, person to person, to turn the ipod off, I'm certain that if I were told and I did not comply there would be some sort of repercussions for it. The flight crew has the authority in the air, the rules are in place for reasons and if you don't want to listen to them then you deserve what you get. I'm tired of these immature spoiled sports athletes walking around like they're above everyone else because they can catch a football. Give me a break. I say make an example of him. I'm with you, he is an idiot.
                                Diva receiva's! I'm with you Apollo, get rid of the bum and his stupid one arm flex! FOSU!

Comment

Working...
                                X