No announcement yet.

Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've never felt their defence was all that good and Palmer seemed all but done as a legit NFL starter. I'm surprised by the quality of their wins so far.

It's weird because they've never been very good. Even their Super Bowl run, they didn't seem that good. Certain teams you just don't expect to be good (Browns, Jags, Raiders) and the Cardinals have been one of those constants.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Yeah, as a bengals fan I question palmer's ability as a starting QB these days.
      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• He's been good though. It's just weird to see.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Heck, I started him in dynasty the last 2 weeks over Matthew Stafford (and Palmer out scores him both weeks)

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            I've never felt their defence was all that good and Palmer seemed all but done as a legit NFL starter. I'm surprised by the quality of their wins so far.

It's weird because they've never been very good. Even their Super Bowl run, they didn't seem that good. Certain teams you just don't expect to be good (Browns, Jags, Raiders) and the Cardinals have been one of those constants.
            My memory is a little foggy. Turns out that year (2008) they were 4th in total offense and 19th in defense. They did have a Super Bowl MVP passer and former QB of arguably the greatest offense of all-time until Denver unseated them last year.

The Cards are 11th this year in total defense, were 6ths last year, and 12th the year before that.

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
            Yeah, as a bengals fan I question palmer's ability as a starting QB these days.
            As a Bengals fan, maybe how he left is affecting your opinion of him slightly?

This season averages:
            5-0 Record
            99.3 QBR (9th, including Orton who's hardly played)
            277 Y/G (8th, including Orton who's hardly played)
            2.2 TD/G (8th, including Orton who's hardly played)
            0.4 INT/G (7th, including Vick who's hardly played)

Palmer has played really well. Not Kurt Warner well but few can do what Warner did in his career, especially near the end considering all the injuries he had endured before making the comeback. Warner is actually one of my favorite players. His road to the NFL, how and when he got there and what he did in his first season is downright amazing.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              My memory is a little foggy. Turns out that year (2008) they were 4th in total offense and 19th in defense. They did have a Super Bowl MVP and former QB of arguably the greatest offense of all-time until Denver unseated them last year.

As a Bengals fan, maybe how he left is affecting your opinion of him slightly?

This season averages:
              5-0 Record
              99.3 QBR (9th, including Orton who's hardly played)
              277 Y/G (8th, including Orton who's hardly played)
              2.2 TD/G (8th, including Orton who's hardly played)
              0.4 INT/G (7th, including Vick who's hardly played)

The Cards are 11th this year in total defense and were 6ths last year, and 12th the year before that.
              No I was thrilled we got 2 first rounders for him, he was a shell of his old self and honestly hadn't been playing all that well until this year. Since his last year + with us I just haven't been able to trust that he's a good qb. Call it a hunch
              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                No I was thrilled we got 2 first rounders for him, he was a shell of his old self and honestly hadn't been playing all that well until this year. Since his last year + with us I just haven't been able to trust that he's a good qb. Call it a hunch
                You would know better than me but personally, I think he's better than Andy Dalton.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  You would know better than me but personally, I think he's better than Andy Dalton.
                  He wasn't, but now he is. That makes sense right?

My original comment wasn't that they shouldn't be considered legit, just that it always surprises me to see these teams finally make that leap.

Comment

• As a Ravens fan I've always been lucky that my team is consistently good. Only 5 losing seasons since 1996 and 3 of those were the first 3 years. 2 Super Bowls and several Hall of Famers - it's been the good life.

The Bengals have come a long way since their "bungles" era. I'm surprised that Marvin Lewis lasted this long, but it shows great leadership from the owner down to stick with a guy they believe in. If Dalton is the real deal, then this division should be toughest in football for quite a few years.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      He wasn't, but now he is. That makes sense right?

My original comment wasn't that they shouldn't be considered legit, just that it always surprises me to see these teams finally make that leap.
                      He would know better about the past yeah because he watches all their games I'm assuming. This year though Carson is killing it.

I'm never shocked by these teams who come from behind. It happens ever year with a couple. Next year it's probably gonna be the Browns that surprises everyone.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Carson Palmer is having a very nice year but just you wait, the wheels will fall off. Right now Arians has him on the straight and narrow but when he starts flinging it willy nilly he's done. Remember, this team is 7-1 but Palmer was out for a couple games. Their backup looked real good too. The Arians effect.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• That's actually not true. Drew Stanton sucks and his QB rating this year is 62.3, completing only 48% of his passes.

Comment

• <iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/OegblqOTUP3/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Good for him. And his bank account.

Comment

• That Romo to Dez connection. Damn.

Comment

• So much for Palmer's season.

Comment

Working...
                                X