No announcement yet.

Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The call will haunt Seattle for a long time.

My main issues with that play call.

1. Lynch is probably the best power runner in the NFL. Guy is built for 1yr TDs.
    2. Wilson's strength is while he is on the move, not in the pocket. If you don't give it to Lynch, you have to still play to your strengths.

I understand that with 18 seconds (clock after the pick) and 1 time out left, there is a certain degree of clock management. If Seattle was worried about the clock running too much on a failed run, call should have been a play action bootleg. Force the defence to play Lynch, but give Wilson the option to a) throw to an open man, b) run it in himself, or c) throw it away.

My decision would have been:
    2nd down - PA bootleg
    3rd down - Lynch
    4th down - Lynch
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Never count out TD Tom folks....
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• whatever cody.

Game was lost, on perhaps the worst decision ever made in the history of big game football.

Honestly. That was stupid, and there is NO wiggle room here.

Three downs to pound 1 yard with lynch, thats an easy call, and the pats would not have stopped him.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
          whatever cody.

Game was lost, on perhaps the worst decision ever made in the history of big game football.

Three downs to pound 1 yard with lynch, thats an easy call, and the pats would not have stopped him.
          It very much felt inevitable. Pretty sure Brady thought the game was over. Can't see Lynch being stopped.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            The call will haunt Seattle for a long time.

My main issues with that play call.

1. Lynch is probably the best power runner in the NFL. Guy is built for 1yr TDs.
            2. Wilson's strength is while he is on the move, not in the pocket. If you don't give it to Lynch, you have to still play to your strengths.

I understand that with 18 seconds (clock after the pick) and 1 time out left, there is a certain degree of clock management. If Seattle was worried about the clock running too much on a failed run, call should have been a play action bootleg. Force the defence to play Lynch, but give Wilson the option to a) throw to an open man, b) run it in himself, or c) throw it away.

My decision would have been:
            2nd down - PA bootleg
            3rd down - Lynch
            4th down - Lynch
            One pundit said it best....if you are gonna get beat, get beat using your best option in that situation (Lynch) ...not your 3rd-4th option. And then if you still get beat one can live with that. Which is really the axiom of all sports. No matter the explanations that was a shit/high risk call given that they had 2 more opportunities from the 1 yard line. One of the more difficult scoring methods is trying a pass in the red zone close in like that. Carroll & Wilson pretty much flushed their reps with that play and have a long road back.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
              One pundit said it best....if you are gonna get beat, get beat using your best option in that situation (Lynch) ...not your 3rd-4th option. And then if you still get beat one can live with that. Which is really the axiom of all sports. No matter the explanations that was a shit/high risk call given that they had 2 more opportunities from the 1 yard line. One of the more difficult scoring methods is trying a pass in the red zone close in like that. Carroll & Wilson pretty much flushed their reps with that play and have a long road back.
              Yup, basically what I was saying with "play to your strengths".

You also have to factor in the additional risk that the "pick" play is technically illegal, so if the receiver doesn't sell the pick properly, then it's a penalty. Not sure what the % of pick plays that get called are, but it's safe to say that it adds more risk already to that play call than the likelihood of a holding call or something with a Lynch run.

Terrible call.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                whatever cody.

Okay, the play was a bad one. But I won money..... so yay me? Or should I be mad that the Pats won and not have taken the 150 bucks? Hmmm?
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                  Okay, the play was a bad one. But I won money..... so yay me? Or should I be mad that the Pats won and not have taken the 150 bucks? Hmmm?
                  Vegas took a big hit last night! Many bookies needed Hawks TD at the end!

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                    Vegas took a big hit last night! Many bookies needed Hawks TD at the end!
                    I bet... I'm happy I got cash.... only reason was because all the Hawks numbers were taken hehe. (Its a thing my buddies do every year... and I've won now 2 years in a row.)
                    Axel wrote:
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    KeonClark wrote:

Comment

• Apparently, Vegas bookies won just $3M on this year's superbowl. $115M handle. Lowest win in 4 years! Thank you Pats! Bookie bashing at it's best!

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                        I stand corrected, I would NOT want you to lose out on the winnings hahahah

Comment

• Wow, what the fuck!

Just give the fucking ball to Lynch, jesus.

But whatever, gg Pats.

I didn't see the end of the game (I was on a plane), but I had a two hour layover and managed to see the first half.

From what I saw, knew it would be close.

Sad I didn't get to see the end, but I'm in Hawaii now so whatever.
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                            Wow, what the fuck!

Just give the fucking ball to Lynch, jesus.

But whatever, gg Pats.

I didn't see the end of the game (I was on a plane), but I had a two hour layover and managed to see the first half.

From what I saw, knew it would be close.

Sad I didn't get to see the end, but I'm in Hawaii now so whatever.
                            Good for you.

The game was hard to watch at the end.
                            Axel wrote:
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            KeonClark wrote:

Comment

• Stay classy Patriots.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...victory-parade

Comment

• That's kinda low

Comment

Working...
                                X