Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worth reading the link...

Did you know that Brady (alongwith Peyton M. lobbied the NFL for the successful rule change (2006) re team handling of footballs?). Also the boggling success of the Patriots re fumbles. Hard not to have machiavellian thoughts.

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports...er_a_2006.html

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
      Worth reading the link...

Did you know that Brady (alongwith Peyton M. lobbied the NFL for the successful rule change (2006) re team handling of footballs?). Also the boggling success of the Patriots re fumbles. Hard not to have machiavellian thoughts.

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports...er_a_2006.html
      Hmmm...interesting angle on that. The fumble hasn't been discussed very much in this whole thing. Highly circumstantial yet suspicious stats. Thanks for the share.

The rule change that Brady and Manning spearheaded was mentioned in the Wells report and I've seen it come up in several articles since as well. Immediately after the game vs the Colts, one of Brady's first pressers included comments to the effect of "I don't know anything about the rules regarding inflation of balls". Wells report (and others) pointed out that since Brady co-lead the effort to allow QBs to alter balls, he most likely knows more about it than he originally stated. It was also pointed out, in conjunction with the texts to the staffers, that this initiative portrays the mental awareness that Brady has in regards to the preparation and "quality" of the footballs.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Brady Forms His Team

Brady is going to come at them guns blazing:

Chances on appeal. Schefter was asked about chances that Tom Brady could win an appeal, and he shared a text message from a source that described the team Brady is putting together as "unreal" in the sense that it includes talented, experienced lawyers, including Jeffrey Kessler. The opinion of one source sending a text message to Schefter was that Brady's strong legal team could help him reduce his suspension significantly, and perhaps have it overturned.

What's next? Schefter relayed the feeling in team headquarters that their reputation has been called into question and they feel it's time to defend their honor. "I don't think the Patriots are going to go quietly into the night. I think this story is just getting started," he said.
        http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-...n-the-patriots

In regards to the fumbles, Ridley was benched multiple times for fumbling.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          Hmmm...interesting angle on that. The fumble hasn't been discussed very much in this whole thing. Highly circumstantial yet suspicious stats. Thanks for the share.

The rule change that Brady and Manning spearheaded was mentioned in the Wells report and I've seen it come up in several articles since as well. Immediately after the game vs the Colts, one of Brady's first pressers included comments to the effect of "I don't know anything about the rules regarding inflation of balls". Wells report (and others) pointed out that since Brady co-lead the effort to allow QBs to alter balls, he most likely knows more about it than he originally stated. It was also pointed out, in conjunction with the texts to the staffers, that this initiative portrays the mental awareness that Brady has in regards to the preparation and "quality" of the footballs.
          It is very difficult to stay away from supposition of guit/innocence when the investigating party is denied full access to materials germane to the err "crime" (the phone messages on Brady's phone and McNally the equipment fellow). Laughable then then that his supporters decry that inferences are drawn. Brady is instrumental in denying evidence to exonerate himself. Cant have it both ways. If they want the standards used by DAs out there who can subpoena all manner of evidence then their guy needs not to hide behind that constitutional amendment (forget the privacy one he is probably falling back on).

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            Brady is going to come at them guns blazing:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-...n-the-patriots

In regards to the fumbles, Ridley was benched multiple times for fumbling.
            Make of this quote what you may (based on the data in the graphs)...

“Based on the assumption that plays per fumble follow a normal distribution, you’d expect to see, according to random fluctuation, the results that the Patriots have gotten since 2007 once in 5842 instances.

“Which in layman’s terms means that this result only being a coincidence, is like winning a raffle where you have a 0.0001711874 probability to win. In other words, it’s very unlikely that results this abnormal are only due to the endogenous nature of the game.”

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
              It is very difficult to stay away from supposition of guit/innocence when the investigating party is denied full access to materials germane to the err "crime" (the phone messages on Brady's phone and McNally the equipment fellow). Laughable then then that his supporters decry that inferences are drawn. Brady is instrumental in denying evidence to exonerate himself. Cant have it both ways. If they want the standards used by DAs out there who can subpoena all manner of evidence then their guy needs not to hide behind that constitutional amendment (forget the privacy one he is probably falling back on).
              Willful ignorance by Pats fans.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/05/13/aj-...dy-deflategate

Former NFL quarterback A.J. Feeley says he saw the New England Patriots use doctored footballs years before the NFL instituted a rule dictating their preparation for game play.

Feeley, who last played in the NFL in 2011, said that when he was playing for the Miami Dolphins during the 2004 season, he witnessed Patriots quarterback Tom Brady using broken-in balls during a game, although the league mandated that teams use new footballs provided by the NFL. The rule was changed in 2006 to allow teams to use their own prepared footballs.

Feeley says he tried to address the issue with members of his coaching staff and other players on the team at the time.

“Prior to Tommy and Peyton Manning going to the league and saying, ‘Let us doctor our balls,’ we used to all play with the same balls,” Feeley said on 97.5 The Fanatic. “Somehow this beat-up ball from the ball boy was getting thrown in on offense for New England, yet when we were on offense this orange brand new ball was getting thrown in.”

“He’s getting his own balls thrown in on offense,” Feeley said. “That was an issue to me at the time."

Comment

• No more sugarcoating it ... Tom Brady is a cheater ... period ... so says Seattle Seahawks badass Michael Bennett.
                  Bennett -- one of the best defensive ends in the NFL -- played against Brady in the game AFTER the Deflategate ... and though he admits Seattle got beat fair and square in the Super Bowl, MB says there's no question Tom broke the rules in the AFC Championship.
                  http://www.tmz.com/2015/05/13/seahaw...dys-a-cheater/

Big mouth Bennett says Brady is a cheater. Surprise, surprise, the next time Bennett say "no comment" will be the first time.

Comment

http://www.tmz.com/2015/05/13/seahaw...dys-a-cheater/

Big mouth Bennett says Brady is a cheater. Surprise, surprise, the next time Bennett say "no comment" will be the first time.
                    He's far from the only player to say so though. The general response around the league that I saw was "no surprise".

Comment

• Madden 16

Fingers crossed on Richard Sherman breaking the Madden curse last year. I need Beckham for my dynasty club.

Comment

He's far from the only player to say so though. The general response around the league that I saw was "no surprise".
                        I think Brady is a cheater. I also think Bennett loves to hear himself speak.

Comment

I think Brady is a cheater. I also think Bennett loves to hear himself speak.
                          Absolutely.

Comment

• Just reading the news feed and sipping on a coffee like I always do this time of day. It says Vice is working with Chris Chambers on getting ready for his next team. They say there are multiple teams interested, although I've heard nothing of it until now.

I think Vick can still play and I think his best landing spots would be Buffalo and Arizona.

Buffalo would be better because they have a lot of weapons now and are shakey at QB as usual. They haven't had a good QB since Doug Flutie. Even then they were too dense to see what they had there with him.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Brady calling Goodell as a witness in his appeal, being heard by Goodell. Should be interesting.

Comment

Brady calling Goodell as a witness in his appeal, being heard by Goodell. Should be interesting.
                                In a seance, maybe.

Goodell ruling: Request denied.

How funny is this whole thing? I'd be surprised if this went into the courts....Brady I believe would have to turn over his phone records in the discovery phase and everyone would be testifying under oath including those two schleps who performed the deflation. Dont think they (or Brady) want to go to jail on perjury charges.

Comment

Working...
                                X