X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bendit wrote: View Post
    In a seance, maybe.

Goodell ruling: Request denied.

How funny is this whole thing? I'd be surprised if this went into the courts....Brady I believe would have to turn over his phone records in the discovery phase and everyone would be testifying under oath including those two schleps who performed the deflation. Dont think they (or Brady) want to go to jail on perjury charges.
    Completely agree. Brady would be pretty foolish to go to civil trial as I'm sure both Brady and Belicheck wouldn't want to go on the stand under oath.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Kraft and the Patriots wont appeal the team levied sanctions from Deflategate. Doesn't really impact the Brady appeal, but definitely a win for the NFL that Kraft has taken this route. One less nightmare for Goodell.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/05/19/def...ishment-appeal

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        Kraft and the Patriots wont appeal the team levied sanctions from Deflategate. Doesn't really impact the Brady appeal, but definitely a win for the NFL that Kraft has taken this route. One less nightmare for Goodell.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/05/19/def...ishment-appeal
        That's a definite peel-off from the combined affronted approach both have been taking so far. Kraft ultimately is a businessman and member of a very exclusive club (he doesnt want to go to war with) of which Tommy boy isnt really a member. Brady should just withdraw his appeal, swallow some crow, save his phone recs. from going public and go get another cuddle with Giselle.

Comment

• Apparently the extra point change (kick from 15 yards instead of 2 yards) was passed but only on a 1 year provision. Basically this is a trial period and could very well be different next year. Seems the issue is simply to get enough owners to agree on a single solution, as there are many popular options that seem to be splitting the vote.

FWIW - only Washington and Oakland voted against this change.

Comment

• Right and so they make the extra point relevant as now it is conceivably missable and could perhaps decide games. I think it was eventually either going to be this or just award the team seven for a TD and be done with it.

They're also musing the idea of allowing two point conversions INT's and extra point recoveries for TD's by defenses worth the extra points. Similar to what NCAA instituted recently

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              Right and so they make the extra point relevant as now it is conceivably missable and could perhaps will decide games. I think it was eventually either going to be this or just award the team seven for a TD and be done with it.

They're also musing the idea of allowing two point conversions INT's and extra point recoveries for TD's by defenses worth the extra points. Similar to what NCAA instituted recently
              I really like that component. Definitely adds a new dimension.

I saw on SI that the average time between scoring a TD and the first play of the next drive (assuming PAT, commercial break, touchback) is approximately 4 minutes long. NFL sees 4 minutes between "meaningful" plays as too long, and I kinda agree (unless it's snack/beer o' clock)

Comment

I really like that component. Definitely adds a new dimension.

I saw on SI that the average time between scoring a TD and the first play of the next drive (assuming PAT, commercial break, touchback) is approximately 4 minutes long. NFL sees 4 minutes between "meaningful" plays as too long, and I kinda agree (unless it's snack/beer o' clock)
                The TV/media rights holders might have something to say about that....or have the NFL reduce their asking price. 4 mins. per TD is a lot of commercial time and revenue. I for one have over the last few years reduced my watch-time of NFL telecasts because of the interminable commercial breaks.

Comment

• I would think the goal of this is to influence the flow of the game in a positive way and not impact their bottom line in a negative way. They could make up the add time during other types of play stoppages.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12...worst-uniforms

I have a hard time believing the Cowboys are not number 1... This guy is racist! lol look at how he's dressed anyhow... can't take the guy seriously if it's about style!

Comment

• Packers should clearly be #1.

I would bump down the Eagles, Chargers and Bills. I would bump up the Cowboys, Chiefs and Colts. I really like the Chiefs uniforms and I don't get how it's a knock to rock with red pants and white tops. I like that, it doesn't look bad.

The Jets have nicers looking uniforms than the Giants, just saying...

The Titans should be way down the list.

The Redskins should be up around the NYC teams. I don't know how you can ranks the Skins so much lower than the Chiefs when really its a similar traditional layout with a different color set.

The Panthers got hosed. They have nice looking jerseys. He's knocking them for staying consistent but rewards the Packers for being consistent? Come on.

Comment

• Who signs him? Anyone?

Ray Rice knocked out the domestic violence charge faster than his wife in an elevator: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...521-story.html

Comment

The TV/media rights holders might have something to say about that....or have the NFL reduce their asking price. 4 mins. per TD is a lot of commercial time and revenue. I for one have over the last few years reduced my watch-time of NFL telecasts because of the interminable commercial breaks.
                          Of the 4 mins or so, only a portion is related to commercials. This 4 mins factors in essentially: time for PAT unit to get on field, snap, kick, then commercial, then back from action for kickoff, touchback, then more commercials before next offensive snap. If you make the PAT at least interesting, then you are potentially removing 25%-30% of that 4 mins for something of interest on the field. It might only really be 30 secs per TD, but over the course of a game/season that all adds up.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Packers should clearly be #1.

I would bump down the Eagles, Chargers and Bills. I would bump up the Cowboys, Chiefs and Colts. I really like the Chiefs uniforms and I don't get how it's a knock to rock with red pants and white tops. I like that, it doesn't look bad.

The Jets have nicers looking uniforms than the Giants, just saying...

The Titans should be way down the list.

The Redskins should be up around the NYC teams. I don't know how you can ranks the Skins so much lower than the Chiefs when really its a similar traditional layout with a different color set.

The Panthers got hosed. They have nice looking jerseys. He's knocking them for staying consistent but rewards the Packers for being consistent? Come on.
                            The Boys sets with whole mismatching blues/greys bothers me to no end.

The Browns now look bad, as do the Bucs and Jags. Titans are okay IMO.
                            Axel wrote:
                            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Of the 4 mins or so, only a portion is related to commercials. This 4 mins factors in essentially: time for PAT unit to get on field, snap, kick, then commercial, then back from action for kickoff, touchback, then more commercials before next offensive snap. If you make the PAT at least interesting, then you are potentially removing 25%-30% of that 4 mins for something of interest on the field. It might only really be 30 secs per TD, but over the course of a game/season that all adds up.
                              You raise good details re the breakdown. I suppose I was reacting to all the fluff which surrounds the actual game broadcast some of which granted is entertainment value added.

Here is a mind bending expose of a NFL game telecast and unless you were exposed to a similar article you shall be surprised. For example, within the approx. 174 mins of a typical game telecast only 11 mins can be counted as actual football action time. Contrast this with an hour for commercials.

ps...article dated 2010...so current #s could be even more inflated

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB100014...02852055561406

Comment

You raise good details re the breakdown. I suppose I was reacting to all the fluff which surrounds the actual game broadcast some of which granted is entertainment value added.

Here is a mind bending expose of a NFL game telecast and unless you were exposed to a similar article you shall be surprised. For example, within the approx. 174 mins of a typical game telecast only 11 mins can be counted as actual football action time. Contrast this with an hour for commercials.

ps...article dated 2010...so current #s could be even more inflated

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB100014...02852055561406
                                These aren't even really my points, I'm just relaying what I read from Peter King on SI that the downtime between real plays as one of the driving factors for the change.

Comment

Working...
                                X