Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    You're right on this. I'm just surprised that ESPN lawyers actually approved this tweet. Anyway, he can sue the hospital under state privacy laws. I would be pissed if someone released my private information to the press. Fuck that. If he can't come back and play - then I'm pretty sure he's in for a big payday from health care provider.
    Yeah I was pretty shocked that they even got access to his medical records let alone would tweet them out. Apparently JPP was in surgery when this went down, so ESPN had a guy lurking around the hospital trying to get a scoop. Can't say that sits to well with me on the ethics scale. I know we live in a 24/7 news environment, but this crosses a line for me personally.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      Crazy. So it's true.

You can't sue the news for breaking the news. If it's true, it's true. Freedom of the press.

Anyway, dudes play with their hand in a full cast. He can come back as long as they don't amputate the hand.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
      Think it said right index finger (can't remember whether it's the whole thing or partial) and that this would actually speed up the recovery process. Also said it was JPP's decision (ballsy or crazy). Since he hasn't yet signed the franchise tag, he's in a tricky spot contractually. He needs to stop play (and play well) to get the long term extension he wants or to play out the franchise tag well enough to not scare off other teams.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        You're right on this. I'm just surprised that ESPN lawyers actually approved this tweet. Anyway, he can sue the hospital under state privacy laws. I would be pissed if someone released my private information to the press. Fuck that. If he can't come back and play - then I'm pretty sure he's in for a big payday from health care provider.
        I hear ya. If I just essentially blew off one of my fingers, the others are broken and I have a horrible third degree burn on my hand the last thing I'd want is it in the news about what's happening to me and how much money I just blew because of July 4th celebrations that got out of hand.

Privacy needs to be ensured for all at the hospital. When it comes to celebrities it gets tangly. Maybe they should have special protocols in place because this is no doubt a liability.

Axel wrote: View Post
        Think it said right index finger (can't remember whether it's the whole thing or partial) and that this would actually speed up the recovery process. Also said it was JPP's decision (ballsy or crazy). Since he hasn't yet signed the franchise tag, he's in a tricky spot contractually. He needs to stop play (and play well) to get the long term extension he wants or to play out the franchise tag well enough to not scare off other teams.
        Speculation but I'd imagine the doctor told him there was a large risk to keeping it(infection) and so he did the smart thing and mitigated the risk of something bad becoming something life threatening.

Side note: If it weren't for crazy off-season shenanigans the NFL would be kind of boring after the draft... In the last week we had two guys have fireworks explode in their hand, a guy get his second DUI(may face jail time) and another discharged two gunshots to show strangers how 'manly' he is. Not to mention that the Raiders are actually keeping T-Rich and are saying nice things about his game. Wow. Crazy.

Comment

• Stuff gets leaked all the time. Dont think you can sue the hospital if an OR scrub nurse decided to give a Broussard a call/text.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
            Stuff gets leaked all the time. Dont think you can sue the hospital if an OR scrub nurse decided to give a Broussard a call/text.
            Of course you can. He can sue the hospital if that leak somehow damaged his career or else. I bet lawyers would find a way to make some $$ from this.

Oh and:

[O]ffenses committed with the intent to sell, transfer, or use individually identifiable health information for commercial advantage, personal gain or malicious harm permit fines of $250,000, and imprisonment for up to ten years,

Comment

• And so the reductions begin. Greg Hardy's suspension has been reduced from 10 games to 4. No doubt Tom Brady's suspension will be reduced as well, there's no way he's not playing in Dallas on Week 5.

The suspension of Dallas Cowboys defensive end Greg Hardy has been reduced from 10 games to four games.
              The NFL originally announced the 10-game suspension of Hardy in April, a month after he signed a one-year deal with Dallas.

Hardy appealed the suspension and arbitrator Harold Henderson presided over the case. Henderson ultimately upheld the suspension, but significantly reduced the original ruling brought down by commissioner Roger Goodell.

Hardy missed most of his 2014 season with the Carolina Panthers while his domestic violence case played out in North Carolina courts. He was on the commissioner’s exempt list for 15 games, but was still paid during that time.

Hardy was initially found guilty on a domestic violence charge in North Carolina while he was a member of the Panthers, but the charges were later dismissed in February when the alleged victim did not make herself available for a jury trial.

Hardy now has a decision to make: Will he accept the reduced punishment or will he push the appeal to court? If he brings it to court, Hardy and the NFL Players Association could argue that Hardy's case should fall under the league's old rules on domestic violence -- the ones that resulted in Ray Rice's initial two-game suspension.

After the Rice emerged, the league re-evaluated how it dealt with cases of domestic violence and it could be argued that Hardy's suspension should be retroactive to the rules present at the time of his arrest (May 2014).

If Hardy opts to go down that route, his suspension could be further reduced to two games. Early indications, according to multiple reports, are that Hardy, along with his agent Drew Rosenhaus, will meet with the NFLPA to decide what course of action to take.

In parts of five seasons for Carolina, the 6-foot-4, 275-pound Hardy recorded 204 total tackles and 34 sacks.
              http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...183958567.html

Comment

• I wonder if wife knockout king Ray Rice gets picked up by somebody other than the cops?

Comment

• I think he'll land somewhere once a starting RB goes down. Who knows though, that team will have to deal with some backlash from the fans/public for some time I would think. I'd say he has a job by the beginning of the season... week 4 max.

Comment

• You think Jerry is the guy to take the plunge?

Comment

You think Jerry is the guy to take the plunge?

Hard to say... I don't think he'd hesitate in giving him a look if either Randle or McFadden go down in camp. I still like Ryan Williams if he gets a shot at some carries during preseason. I remember watching him on Va Tech and thinking he'd be an excellent back I'd like on the Boys. Injuries have plagued him during his first few seasons, but I think he has potential to be a guy that could come in and win the job this year.

I'd be hesitant on taking Rice anyways, his stats in 2013 were basically cut in half from his averages of the previous 4 seasons and now he's been out of the game for a year. Being 28, he should be in the middle of his prime but I don't think he's ever gonna regain his form. The clock is ticking on his career and time isn't really on his side.

Comment

McNabb picked up for a second DUI. He's facing possible jail time but you know how this always goes with these sports stars and DUI's.

Oh brother...
                        http://www.tmz.com/2015/07/13/donova...a-in-my-trunk/

Comment

• As Donovan would say "that is unfortunate". What I don't for the life of me get is why these rich (former) pro players can't just call a damn taxi or limo?

Comment

So CJ Wilson also celebrate July 4th by exploding fireworks in his hand. Same sort of story to JPP.

So he lost his index finger and his middle finger; was just released from hospital. Those fireworks aren't toys.

Comment

As Donovan would say "that is unfortunate". What I don't for the life of me get is why these rich (former) pro players can't just call a damn taxi or limo?
                              I remember reading that many (can't remember the exact %) teams provided free driver services for their players. Some players on those teams still managed to get caught for DUI.

Like they say, can't fix stupid.

Comment

• Read that CJ2K has healed from his gunshot wounds and that Dallas may be interested.

Comment

Working...
                                X