No announcement yet.

Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool, i'm looking forward to watching more competitive football games now. I use to be a big Dion Sanders fan, especially when he was on the Cowboys with Troy Aikmen and Emmit Smith. Those guys are legends to me. But a lot of the new QB's are extremely talented like the rookie QB on the Bucaneers, Jameis Winston. I think he was like 6/8 on passing plays but the referees kept calling penalties against the Bucs because of illegal holding and shit like that, which would set him back a lot of yards. He rolled his ankle and was subbed out immediately for fear of him getting severely injured. Anyway, I'm probably going to keep an eye on how he plays this season. Out of all the QBs i watched, he was the one that most impressive to me. Well, prob after Roethlisberger.
    #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      Welcome to the thread. The Steelers have a legit shot at making it to the Super Bowl to face the Packers this year, for sure.
      Steelers will have a hard time coming out of their division with that defence.

3rd fiddle in the North this year might get you the wild card (again) but the East looks better too.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• When Bell and Bryant get back into the mix they'll have the best offense in the league I'd imagine. I truly think they're the team to beat this season in the AFC after September. If they're .500 after September they're looking really good.

I think the Colts are obviously a good choice as well because of their offense and similarly to the Steelers, their defense is the only thing that can get in their way of a Super Bowl appearance.

The Bronchos should be good again in theory despite the losses on offense but I have a funny feeling that Manning won't get through the season. They're planning to go ground and pound first and so you should see their defensive ranking in the league shoot up due to the offensive clock control. The only reason Elway won those two Super Bowls is because Bronchos management found a dominate RB in Terrell Davis. No Davis, no Super Bowls. It looks like Elway is taking this approach with Manning now and is hoping for Anderson to be Manning's Terrell Davis.

The sleeper that people need to watch out for in the AFC is the Chiefs. Checkdown Smith never had weapons like this in Kansas until now. Maclin can stretch the field is Smith can toss it that far, they may have the third best TE in the game this year and they have the best backup plan at RB in the league in the event of injuries.

Comment

When Bell and Bryant get back into the mix they'll have the best offense in the league I'd imagine. I truly think they're the team to beat this season in the AFC after September. If they're .500 after September they're looking really good.

I think the Colts are obviously a good choice as well because of their offense and similarly to the Steelers, their defense is the only thing that can get in their way of a Super Bowl appearance.

The Bronchos should be good again in theory despite the losses on offense but I have a funny feeling that Manning won't get through the season. They're planning to go ground and pound first and so you should see their defensive ranking in the league shoot up due to the offensive clock control. The only reason Elway won those two Super Bowls is because Bronchos management found a dominate RB in Terrell Davis. No Davis, no Super Bowls. It looks like Elway is taking this approach with Manning now and is hoping for Anderson to be Manning's Terrell Davis.

The sleeper that people need to watch out for in the AFC is the Chiefs. Checkdown Smith never had weapons like this in Kansas until now. Maclin can stretch the field is Smith can toss it that far, they may have the third best TE in the game this year and they have the best backup plan at RB in the league in the event of injuries.
          Obviously I am bias but just don't see the Steelers as that good. Their defence and O-Line will likely hold them back.

Colts are going to have a good record but part of that is how bad their division is. They added a lot of older guys but ask Dan Snyder how well free agency big names translates into results. To me they are still a step down in weight class.

I do like the Chiefs this year. Maclin could completely changes their offence and if Charles stays healthy, I think they take the West.

Like Miami out of the east if Tannehill keeps improving.

North is Baltimore with Cincy and Pitt battling close behind.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            Like Miami out of the east if Tannehill keeps improving.

North is Baltimore with Cincy and Pitt battling close behind.
            I'll believe it when I see it with Miami.

I don't like Andy Dalton the quarterback and believe he's more of a game manager than a guy who can bring his team back against a good team in the clutch. He has good weapons though.

Big Ben has be good in pre-season and has great weaponry. Bell has become the most versatile RB in the league. He was essentially a beefy Marshall Faulk last season.

Comment

I'll believe it when I see it with Miami.

I don't like Andy Dalton the quarterback and believe he's more of a game manager than a guy who can bring his team back against a good team in the clutch. He has good weapons though.

Big Ben has be good in pre-season and has great weaponry. Bell has become the most versatile RB in the league. He was essentially a beefy Marshall Faulk last season.
              With Miami I am solely referring to the division, not making noise in the playoffs. The East has long been 1 very good team and a bunch of terrible ones. This year I see it much more even race but no team is really that good imo.

Andy Dalton can't really be considered any worse than Alex Smith - both have weapons and good defences. Dalton has to face tougher opponents in the division though.

Preseason excitement is always entertaining. Remember in 2008, the Lions went 4-0 in the preseason then built off that momentum by going 0-16 in the regular season. Extreme obviously but pretty well sums up my opinion of preseason results.

Comment

• I singled out the Chiefs over the Bengals because the Chiefs were sort of disappointing last year where as the Bengals have rattled off three straight good seasons. The Bengals are expected to win 11 games this season and so they can't be a sleeper.

Comment

I singled out the Chiefs over the Bengals because the Chiefs were sort of disappointing last year where as the Bengals have rattled off three straight good seasons. The Bengals are expected to win 11 games this season and so they can't be a sleeper.
                  Well yes, Cincy is a sleeper but my point more was that if you can have faith in a Smith led team, then you should write off a Dalton led team since the two are very similar.

Gonna work on a division by division final rankings prediction to post.

Comment

• Alex Smith is 1-2 in the playoffs with a 108.6 QB rating. Andy Dalton is 0-4 in the playoffs with a 57.8 QB rating. They're not that similar.

I think Alex Smith is a smarter QB. He could be your Trent Dilfer/Brad Johnson type of winning QB on a strong defense, run oriented sort of system. Dalton has better physical gifts but I wouldn't trust him in the playoffs.

Comment

Alex Smith is 1-2 in the playoffs with a 108.6 QB rating. Andy Dalton is 0-4 in the playoffs with a 57.8 QB rating. They're not that similar.

I think Alex Smith is a smarter QB. He could be your Trent Dilfer/Brad Johnson type of winning QB on a strong defense, run oriented sort of system. Dalton has better physical gifts but I wouldn't trust him in the playoffs.
                      Yeah Andy Dalton is a good quarterback, he knows how to lead his team, how to manage a game very well and has great physical tools.

However, he absolutely sucks in pressure situations (ie coming from behind late in games and in the playoffs)
                      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Well I assumed we were simply talking about regular season.

Smith is smarter but Dalton has better physical talents.

Comment

• Naw, I'm talking about AFC representation in the Super Bowl.

Comment

Naw, I'm talking about AFC representation in the Super Bowl.
                            Well neither will be there lol.

Comment

• The funny thing about the NFL is that it never ceases to be full of surprises. Things you never thought were legitimately possible. In the playoffs a hot run game and defense can secure a trip to the Super Bowl. Just look at the last time the Giants and Packers won it all. Both teams were lucky to get a wild card and caught fire at the right time on defense and controlled the clock with the run game.

The Colts and Steelers can't do too much damage if their offences are sitting on the sideline for 75% of the game for instance.

Comment

Welcome to the thread. The Steelers have a legit shot at making it to the Super Bowl to face the Packers this year, for sure.
                                Wow. I'm not even sure if they're(Steelers) going to make the playoffs this year.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X