• A quick search turned up this on the first hit:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13...ings-august-31

ESPN has them 9th.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      A quick search turned up this on the first hit:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13...ings-august-31

ESPN has them 9th.
      5th in the AFC, battling the Chiefs and Bengals for the Wild card spots.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Again, both the Giants and Packers are Super Bowl champs out of the wild card. Landing in the wild card was more indicative of their challenges to make the playoffs and not of their teams full strength. Full strength, the Steelers have an extremely dangerous offense.

Comment

Again, both the Giants and Packers are Super Bowl champs out of the wild card. Landing in the wild card was more indicative of their challenges to make the playoffs and not of their teams full strength. Full strength, the Steelers have an extremely dangerous offense.
          Yes, lots of teams do make it from the wildcard slot but I still think you (and ESPN) are overselling a team that has no defence, not a great O line, and no depth at skill positions on offence (RB, TE and QB especially).

Hard to see that going on the road and winning in Foxboro or Baltimore.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Oh and Vegas has Pittsburgh win totals at 8.5 for betting.

That puts 5 AFC teams ahead and another 5 tied with them at 8.5.

Trust Vegas over ESPN.

Comment

• Sounds like an opportunity to me.

My opinion is based off my own judgement. I just arbitrary googled power rankings and found that after the fact.

Comment

Sounds like an opportunity to me.

My opinion is based off my own judgement. I just arbitrary googled power rankings and found that after the fact.
                Lol me too. But again, I'm biased against the Steelers.

Will release my standings tomorrow so you know the real final standings

Comment

• Good read on my (very biased) pick to come out of the AFC.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/09/02/n...ltimore-ravens

Comment

• I have to tell you, I liked Forsett as a second stringer but I'm not totally sold on him holding up this year as a starter and what do they really have behind him?

I don't think Flacco is any more underrated that Brad Johnson was. Flacco just isn't dominate like the top tier guys, yet he has a Super Bowl. I consider him a good second tier guy, right there with Eli Manning. I'd take Rodgers, Brady, P. Manning, Brees, Wilson and Big Ben before he's even on the horizon of my QB rankings. Translated, he'd be lucky to make my top ten; he's not lucky.

Comment

I have to tell you, I liked Forsett as a second stringer but I'm not totally sold on him holding up this year as a starter and what do they really have behind him?

I don't think Flacco is any more underrated that Brad Johnson was. Flacco just isn't dominate like the top tier guys, yet he has a Super Bowl. I consider him a good second tier guy, right there with Eli Manning.
                      What do they have behind known player X has been their style for years, and the answer is always, surprisingly to people, someone good. Lorenzo Taliaferro and Javarious "Buck" Allen are the back-ups (Allen is a rookie, Taliaferro 2nd year). Both are 6'0 220-225 backs. Allen has been quite impressive with Forsett making Arian Foster comparisons (teammate lip-service caveat of course). Taliaferro avg 4.3 YPC last year. Either guy would be running behind one of the best O-Lines in football (personally think they are 2nd to only Dallas).

Comment

I don't think Flacco is any more underrated that Brad Johnson was. Flacco just isn't dominate like the top tier guys, yet he has a Super Bowl. I consider him a good second tier guy, right there with Eli Manning. I'd take Rodgers, Brady, P. Manning, Brees, Wilson and Big Ben before he's even on the horizon of my QB rankings. Translated, he'd be lucky to make my top ten; he's not lucky.
                        As for Brad Johnson vs Flacco - not really comparable to me. Eli is fine for comp, but Johnson was well behind those guys.

Playoffs - career
                        Johnson, 7 TD, 12 INT
                        Flacco, 25 TD, 10 INT
                        Eli, 17 TD, 8 INT

Regular - career W/L - Win% of Starts
                        Johnson 68-50 - 54%
                        Flacco 72-40 - 64%
                        Eli 91-76 - 55%

Johnson was a game manager - same as Alex Smith. Flacco and Eli are guys that can beat you.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          What do they have behind known player X has been their style for years, and the answer is always, surprisingly to people, someone good. Lorenzo Taliaferro and Javarious "Buck" Allen are the back-ups (Allen is a rookie, Taliaferro 2nd year). Both are 6'0 220-225 backs. Allen has been quite impressive with Forsett making Arian Foster comparisons (teammate lip-service caveat of course). Taliaferro avg 4.3 YPC last year. Either guy would be running behind one of the best O-Lines in football (personally think they are 2nd to only Dallas).
                          Ah, man.... This thread won't let me post video for some reason...

Axel wrote: View Post
                          As for Brad Johnson vs Flacco - not really comparable to me. Eli is fine for comp, but Johnson was well behind those guys.

Playoffs - career
                          Johnson, 7 TD, 12 INT
                          Flacco, 25 TD, 10 INT
                          Eli, 17 TD, 8 INT

Regular - career W/L - Win% of Starts
                          Johnson 68-50 - 54%
                          Flacco 72-40 - 64%
                          Eli 91-76 - 55%

Johnson was a game manager - same as Alex Smith. Flacco and Eli are guys that can beat you.
                          Alright, so forget the BJ reference. I would be hard pressed to put Eli in my top ten too. He might get in... But it's close for me. He's had some horrendous seasons to go with the Super Bowls.
                          Last edited by Apollo; Wed Sep 2, 2015, 01:26 PM. Reason: Darn.

Comment

Ah, man.... This thread won't let me post video for some reason...

Alright, so forget the BJ reference. I would be hard pressed to put Eli in my top ten too. He might get in... But it's close for me. He's had some horrendous seasons to go with the Super Bowls.
                            I can never forget a BJ reference.

I know that I am biased (openly admit it every Ravens related post) but the SI MMQB article isn't. I remember quite a few years back when the Ravens went into training camp with Willis McGahee as the starter with some unknown 2nd year guy as backup. Anyone who followed their training camp knew that McGahee was going to lose the starting gig sooner rather than later but really no one outside of the fan base had any idea who this back up was. That year, I drafted said backup with my last round pick in fantasy football. That year Ray Rice ran for 1,339 yards and 7 TDs.

Point is, Ravens have always had depth that no one around the league really notices. That is why Ozzie has been in charge for nearly 20 years. 1 GM for 20 years is insane and it's largely due to his success at finding players to step up into a role. Taliaferro is a big back with 4.3 YPC. Allen has all the physical tools and might end up the best back on the roster. #InOzzieWeTrust

Comment

• Lawrence Phillips, former NFL RB and NCAA star, already in prison has been charged with murdering his cell mate. 1st degree murder charge on top of the 31 years he is currently serving.

Comment

• Come on Axel, Ray went 55th overall. That's like a lotto pick by NBA standards.

Taliaferro had a shot at the starting gig and couldn't really hack it. The other guy, who knows, maybe he's Ray Rice minus the domestic violence? Couldn't tell you.

Comment

Working...
                                X