Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    Come on Axel, Ray went 55th overall. That's like a lotto pick by NBA standards.

Taliaferro had a shot at the starting gig and couldn't really hack it. The other guy, who knows, maybe he's Ray Rice minus the domestic violence? Couldn't tell you.
    We both know that the NFL draft is full of gems in later rounds (unlike the NBA which is very top heavy), so where someone was drafted doesn't carry much weight to me.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Hey, I'm just saying he was high profile. We're not talking undrafted Arian Foster or anything.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey, I'm just saying he was high profile. We're not talking undrafted Arian Foster or anything.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
        We might be

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Court Overturns Brady Suspension:

BREAKING: Tom Brady beats NFL in 'Deflategate' court case, judge nullifies league's 4-game suspension.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/639440886930219008
          Wow, I didn't expect this one and the funny thing is that Brady was willing to settle but the NFL was not. Second year in a row Goodell gets embarrassed just before the season begins.

Comment

Wow, I didn't expect this one and the funny thing is that Brady was willing to settle but the NFL was not. Second year in a row Goodell gets embarrassed just before the season begins.
            Wow, did not see that happening.

Comment

• No dirty tricks by NFL:

Don’t expect @NFL to seek an injunction to keep Tom Brady off the field as they appeal this ruling. Basically, he’s playing this season. https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/639445385405165568
              There is an appeal coming though so Brady could still in the realm of possibilities face his four game ban later in the season. I don't think it's likely though.

If I were Goodell, the Patriots now would be permanently on my radar. Special attention to them every game, practice, everything. Why? Because this stuff hurts the league's credibility and no one owner should come before the rest of the league.

Comment

There is an appeal coming though so Brady could still in the realm of possibilities face his four game ban later in the season. I don't think it's likely though.

If I were Goodell, the Patriots now would be permanently on my radar. Special attention to them every game, practice, everything. Why? Because this stuff hurts the league's credibility and no one owner should come before the rest of the league.
                Already has to a certain degree. Consider that, among other things, the Saints Bounty penalties were much stiffer than the Patriots SpyGate penalties.

Comment

• Yes, but that's over now. Goodell has been verbally beaten constantly over the past year or two. It's clear that the large majority of the fans outside of New England and even the media have revolted against Goodell's past treatment of the Patriots. This suspension and fine is a prime example of the pendulum swinging in the other direction now. Too bad the courts rejected the NFL's punishment.

Comment

Yes, but that's over now. Goodell has been verbally beaten constantly over the past year or two. It's clear that the large majority of the fans outside of New England and even the media have revolted against Goodell's past treatment of the Patriots. This suspension and fine is a prime example of the pendulum swinging in the other direction now. Too bad the courts rejected the NFL's punishment.
                    Fair, the league's actions certainly appeased all those outside of Mass., but ultimately, the Patriots seem to have gotten away with something yet again. If Goodell can't get the penalty to hold, not sure it particularly changes people's view; perhaps +2 credibility but -5 competence points for NFL.

Comment

• The Brady Bunch

This is why I'm saying he now has an axe to grind in when it comes to the Patriots.

Some owner's don't want to see an appeal: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...46?is_shared=t

Goodell's message to the public:
                      Wow, that's big and before anyone else says it: that's what she said.

Comment

This is why I'm saying he now has an axe to grind in when it comes to the Patriots.

Some owner's don't want to see an appeal: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...46?is_shared=t

Goodell's message to the public:

Wow, that's big and before anyone else says it: that's what she said.
                        OR in this case, that's what he said

Comment

Yes, but that's over now. Goodell has been verbally beaten constantly over the past year or two. It's clear that the large majority of the fans outside of New England and even the media have revolted against Goodell's past treatment of the Patriots. This suspension and fine is a prime example of the pendulum swinging in the other direction now. Too bad the courts rejected the NFL's punishment.
                          Nothing in the ruling changed the fine and loss of picks handed out to NE. That penalty stays in place.

The NFL screwed up the Brady-specific stuff from the get-go, so they deserve the adverse ruling.

Comment

• This is much ado about nothing. It really is. I'm no Pats fan but what Brady did(even if it's true) is not cheating. And doesn't really warrant this much attention. This whole thing has turned into a gong show.

It's funny though how Goodell is so focused about this. The SAME GUY that covered up the whole Ray Rice scandal. Then there's the Greg Hardy case. The guy almost killed his wife for fucks sake and for some reason only got a 4 game suspension? HOW COME NOBODY'S TALKING ABOUT THIS???? read his story. Hardy should be in jail. Then there's Adrian Peterson, Ray McDonald. I can go on and on.

Goodell should focus his attention to a more serious matter.
                            Last edited by The Great One; Thu Sep 3, 2015, 04:49 PM.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• There have been many pros who have come out and said that balls deflated to that level would offer three considerable advantages:
                              • Passing: Easier to grip, providing obvious advantages.
                              • Receiving: Easier to catch as it won't be as springy.
                              • Rushing: Easier to hold the ball as the runner can cradle it more securely into their body.

Essentially that could lead to better passes, especially in colder conditions. Better receiving production as they'll have an easier time corralling the tough to catch passes. Less fumbles as the ball will be more difficult to strip. Overall that would result in the Patriots suffering less turnovers and in the playoffs and even late in the season those turnovers are greatly amplified.

Comment

There have been many pros who have come out and said that balls deflated to that level would offer three considerable advantages:
                                • Passing: Easier to grip, providing obvious advantages.
                                • Receiving: Easier to catch as it won't be as springy.
                                • Rushing: Easier to hold the ball as the runner can cradle it more securely into their body.

Essentially that could lead to better passes, especially in colder conditions. Better receiving production as they'll have an easier time corralling the tough to catch passes. Less fumbles as the ball will be more difficult to strip. Overall that would result in the Patriots suffering less turnovers and in the playoffs and even late in the season those turnovers are greatly amplified.
                                Agreed. A competitive advantage, even a small one, can have huge implications at that level.

Knowingly and willingly breaking the rules for that advantage should be punished.

Comment

Working...
                                X