No announcement yet.

Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Packers historically do very well in finding backup QB's; some who eventually find starting success elsewhere. Some good examples of Matt Hasselback and Aaron Brooks.

Next up may be Brett Hundley:

Hundley threw for four scores, Myles White made a case for a spot in the Packers' injury-stricken receiving corps with two touchdowns, and Green Bay finished the preseason with a 38-10 win Thursday night over winless New Orleans.

''He has a lot in front of him,'' coach Mike McCarthy said about Hundley. ''He has a lot to learn.''

Hundley will likely get to do it as the third-string quarterback behind NFL MVP Aaron Rodgers and top backup Scott Tolzien.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rookie-...2105--nfl.html

Aaron Rodgers only being 31 years old probably has another five to seven seasons left the tank. That said, Hundley looks to maybe be a great trade asset down the line. It's only preseason but he's tossed seven touchdowns, and only one pick. He's also done well for himself in camp.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      The Packers historically do very well in finding backup QB's; some who eventually find starting success elsewhere. Some good examples of Matt Hasselback and Aaron Brooks.

Next up may be Brett Hundley:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rookie-...2105--nfl.html

Aaron Rodgers only being 31 years old probably has another five to seven seasons left the tank. That said, Hundley looks to maybe be a great trade asset down the line. It's only preseason but he's tossed seven touchdowns, and only one pick. He's also done well for himself in camp.
      Don't forget Matt Flynn!! Oh wait...
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• He did happen to throw for 480 yards and 6 TD in one game before. He's got the arm strength of Alex Smith and so that's not going to get you far in the league unless you land in the correct system.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          This is much ado about nothing. It really is. I'm no Pats fan but what Brady did(even if it's true) is not cheating. And doesn't really warrant this much attention. This whole thing has turned into a gong show.

It's funny though how Goodell is so focused about this. The SAME GUY that covered up the whole Ray Rice scandal. Then there's the Greg Hardy case. The guy almost killed his wife for fucks sake and for some reason only got a 4 game suspension? HOW COME NOBODY'S TALKING ABOUT THIS???? read his story. Hardy should be in jail. Then there's Adrian Peterson, Ray McDonald. I can go on and on.

Goodell should focus his attention to a more serious matter.
          Dude, it's bread and circuses. None of it matters. Do you really think anyone at the NFL cares about some guy beating his wife? Ray Lewis was involved in a double-homicide and there's a statue of him in front of the Baltimore stadium he can look at while he sits in his cushy job at ESPN awaiting his Hall of Fame induction ceremony.

Comment

• There's a big difference in being potentially at the scene of a homicide and being found guilty or as an accomplice of homicide. Ray Lewis' name was cleared. We as a society have this bad habit of assuming guilt regardless of innocence; the accusation means guilt or taints the name. I think it would be a different story should we find ourselves in such a situation.

Ray Lewis had a difficult upbringing in a difficult neighbourhood and with no father to set a good example. When you look at his pro career, his work in his community and for various charities, along with his involvement in the church and his unwavering faith, I have no idea how you can sit here and question the statue in Baltimore. It's amazing that someone coming from where he started could accomplish what he has.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

There's a big difference in being potentially at the scene of a homicide and being found guilty or as an accomplice of homicide. Ray Lewis' name was cleared. We as a society have this bad habit of assuming guilt regardless of innocence; the accusation means guilt or taints the name. I think it would be a different story should we find ourselves in such a situation.

Ray Lewis had a difficult upbringing in a difficult neighbourhood and with no father to set a good example. When you look at his pro career, his work in his community and for various charities, along with his involvement in the church and his unwavering faith, I have no idea how you can sit here and question the statue in Baltimore. It's amazing that someone coming from where he started could accomplish what he has.

Thank you for saying (more politely) what I would have been compelled to respond to.

If there were ever a city with an athlete that deserved a statue, Ray Lewis in Baltimore is that. The man is loved in Baltimore (for good reason).

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

There's a big difference in being potentially at the scene of a homicide and being found guilty or as an accomplice of homicide. Ray Lewis' name was cleared. We as a society have this bad habit of assuming guilt regardless of innocence; the accusation means guilt or taints the name. I think it would be a different story should we find ourselves in such a situation.

The victims also had personal struggles. Except they are too dead to redeem themselves.

Deep down, she knows he's gone. She knows it every time she turns on the television and sees Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis — a reminder that her son, Richard, has been dead for 13 years, stabbed to death outside a nightclub in Atlanta, along with his friend from Akron, Jacinth Baker."

"My nephew was brutally beaten and murdered and nobody is paying for it," Baker's uncle, Greg Wilson, told USA TODAY Sports. "Everything is so fresh in our mind, it's just like it happened yesterday. We'll never forget this.""

[I]"Baker's blood later was found in Lewis' limo. Having fled the crime scene, Lewis told the limo's passengers to "keep their mouths shut." The white suit Lewis was wearing that night — on Super Bowl Sunday — never was found."

"But they moved from Akron to Atlanta in search of a better life. Lollar was trying to make it there as a barber, Baker as an artist. Lollar also was ready to have a family. His fiancé, Kellye Smith, was pregnant with his daughter, born about a month after his murder."
                A true stand up role model.... truly amazing what a great man he is.

"This is a man whose sins don’t just include a possible double homicide in 2001. Lewis has also been publicly accused – though never convicted – of violence in several previous incidents, including two involving separate women who were pregnant with his child while he was at the University of Miami (one woman declined to press charges after the police arrived, while the other reportedly complained that the police had hindered the investigation, which was eventually dropped after the Miami-Dade state attorney’s office concluded it lacked sufficient evidence to pursue the case), according to the Daily Beast."
                Or maybe it's the six kids by four women that make him so great. A true hero for us all.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                  The victims also had personal struggles. Except they are too dead to redeem themselves.
                  What hell are you talking about? He was proven innocent.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Comment

What hell are you talking about? He was proven innocent.
                    Often disregarded. People keep the opinion they want despite the facts.

Comment

• 2015 Season - Week 1

Week 1. I'm pumped.

The Packers went out and brought back JJ over the weekend. Like many other Packers alumni, Jones struggled after leaving the green and yellow. Now he's back and will undoubtedly start the season as their WR3. I suspect what you will see is vintage James Jones because he's a system guy who has propensity to score when he gets into the redzone. This was a great signing and while it doesn't make up for losing Jordy, it does steady the ship. No one in the league could have come in and known the offense like the back of their hand like JJ. He already has great chemistry with Rodgers. Great move, I missed JJ not being here. Can't wait for Thursday and I can't wait for Sunday.

In closing here is a compilation of some of the best plays from last season:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o71yxoCzULg

Comment

• 2015 Predictions
                        You only get to make fun of me later if you're man enough to post your own and get them right!

AFC Playoffs: Colts, Patriots, Bronchos, Bengals, Steelers & Bills,
                        AFC Champ: Patriots

NFC Playoffs: Packers, Seashawks, Cardinals, Eagles, Giants & Lions
                        NFC Champ: Packers

Super Bowl Champs: Packers
                        • Players of the Year: Aaron Rodgers & Andrew Luck
                        • AP Offensive Rookie of the Year: Amari Cooper
                        • AP Offensive Player of the Year: Andrew Luck
                        • AP Coach of the Year: Tom Coughlin
                        • AP Defensive Rookie of the Year: Vic Beasley
                        • "Greatness on the Road" Award Andrew Luck
                        • AP Defensive Player of the Year: J.J. Watt
                        • Pro Football HOF 2016(only picking three): Brett Favre, Terrell Owens & Tim Brown
                        • Fantasy Player of the Year: Marshawn Lynch
                        • AP Comeback Player of the Year: C.J. Spiller
                        • AP Most Valuable Player: Aaron Rodgers

Comment

• Here you go Apollo, Peter King of Sports Illustrated predicts the Superbowl to be Packers vs Ravens.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/09/06/s...ns-packers-nfl

Comment

• I see the Ravens missing the playoffs by a hair.

I think the Bills squeeze in this years and surprise a lot of people in the process. Pound the rock, control the clock and make a difference on defense. Rex Ryan many of the right materials for his team blueprint in the Buffalo.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              Often disregarded. People keep the opinion they want despite the facts.
                              Hey now, let's remember that OJ was also found "not guilty"!

Comment

• People can't hide your true nature forever.

Shall we compare and contrast OJ Simpson's life to Ray Lewis'? Sure, courts get it wrong sometimes but not often. Ray Lewis is an amazing actor if he's fake.

Comment

Working...
                                X