Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    What hell are you talking about? He was proven innocent.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    Often disregarded. People keep the opinion they want despite the facts
    If you could please send the link with the criminal trial where a judge and/or jury found him "innocent" then I will apologize for my vilification of this great man. The only legal determinations about his guilt or innocence I can find were his guilty plea to obstruction of justice charges in exchange for his testimony against his pals and undisclosed civil settlements with the victims' families. If you can demonstrate how him pleading guily to obstruction of justice and settling out of court proves his innocent I am open to arguments.

Personally, I would have thought that as a righteous man who is an instrument of God and all that he would have wanted the criminal and civil trials to proceed to clear his name in a court of law. But I guess the Lord works in mysterious ways.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      What hell are you talking about? He was proven innocent.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
      That statement is misleading. He started the trial at the defendant's table with his 2 friends. During the trial he turned state's witness in return for a plea bargain and testimony for the prosecution. The irony is that his friends got acquitted with the jury deciding self-defense. So, officially Ray Lewis is the only one who bore some penalty.

Here is a fairly detailed chronology of the events...

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/re...s-controversy/

Comment

• Alright, let me rephrase things. He wasn't proven guilty, he's innocent.

You can't talk or deal your way out of gunning someone down in cold blooded murder. His two friends were release, cleared. If the police had him for the murder they would have took him down, just like they did with Aaron Hernandez. It would have been a huge score for the department and maybe a significant career achievement for the investigators to take down such a famous person.

People do settlements when they're innocent sometimes. It's called wrong place, wrong time.

Comment

• #instantface

Comment

• NFL Power Rankings, Week 1 - NFL.com
            1. Seahawks
              The Seahawks leapfrog the Pack following Jordy Nelson's ACL tear. With back-to-back Super Bowl trips under the belt, they can make the claim as the premier team in the league, yet Pete Carroll's group is not without issue. The offense often looked terrible in the preseason. On the other side of the ball, Earl Thomas wore the red jersey through much of preseason practice (#nohit), while Kam Chancellor remains absent. Apparently, his holdout held up John Schneider getting a deal done with Fred Jackson. Interesting.
            2. Packers
              Enjoyed watching Brett Hundley notch a quartet of touchdown strikes last Thursday ... OK, that's enough of that. Judging by fantasy drafts going on around the country, Davante Adams is going to be the real deal this year. Ridiculously accurate stat projection: 85 catches, 1,176 yards and 10 touchdowns. Sticking with the Packers, sans Jordy Nelson, to be the Seahawks' top competition in the NFC.
            3. Colts
              Every Colts fan knows this season hinges not on the Frank Gore acquisition. Nor the Andre Johnson signing, for that matter. And no, not on the addition of top draft choice Phillip Dorsett. All eyes are on the defense, which must prove it can stop the run. Maybe this isn't as big a concern when it comes to AFC South foes, but looking around the conference, the Patriots, Broncos, Steelers, Chiefs and Bengals all can run the rock. Indy plays the first three of those teams (New England, Denver and Pittsburgh) in the regular season, and it's a good bet the Colts will run into one or two of them in postseason play.
            4. Patriots
              Jimmy G -- happy or unhappy about the Tom Brady decision? (@HarrisonNFL) While everyone hemmed and hawed about Brady's footballs, Brady's suspension, the Brady sketch ... let us not forget that LeGarrette Blount is not available Thursday. Thus, Bill Belichick had him out there in the second half running around last week. New England will be fine with Jonas Gray ... or not. Maybe Brandon Bolden or James White will pick up some slack. Or rush for 200 yards on the Colts on national T.V. and then get benched.
            5. Steelers
              Offense, offense, offense. Even with Martavis Bryant suspended four games, this Steelers attack can put points on the board. The Maurkice Pouncey loss hurts, but not as much as that secondary, which lets receivers run around like flies on a rib roast.
            6. Cowboys
              Everyone is concerned about who's running the rock and how the Orlando Scandrick injury will impact the defense. But Dallas' front seven has a chance to be special. Forget Randy Gregory and Greg Hardy for a second. DeMarcus Lawrence and Tyrone Crawford are developing players who can make the leap, so to speak, this year. And having Sean Lee in there at WLB makes a huge difference, particularly in coverage.
            7. Chiefs
              Kansas City managed to complete its first perfect preseason since 1969. Usually, these things don't mean much, but given that the last time the Chiefs did that was back in '69, the season in which they won Super Bowl IV, it's kind of cool. Make that really cool, because their last perfect preseason before that came in 1966, when they reached Super Bowl I. Alex Smith was mostly efficient in the preseason. How he fares is key to how the AFC West shakes out this year.
            8. Bronchos
              With Alex Smith dealing in K.C. and a top-10 quarterback ( Philip Rivers) leading the charge in San Diego, Peyton Manning's lackluster preseason is a concern, no? No matter what, I love the potential of coordinator Wade Phillips' defensive unit. Denver could best both the Chiefs and Chargers without the help of a sterling offense. Von Miller looked like he was shot out of a cannon against Seattle's poor right tackle in the preseason opener.
            9. Cardinals
              Carson Palmer wasn't exactly gangbusters in the preseason. With Todd Bowles now talking jawbreakers in New York, will this Cards defense be able to compensate? The redbirds drop with that stuff in mind. It would help if this team had a healthy Michael Floyd available.
            10. Eagles
              Philadelphia moves on up, based on the play of Sam Bradford. But let's tap the brakes on going any higher. Building the offense around Bradford, DeMarco Murray and Ryan Mathews is still a risky proposition. Zach Ertz hasn't been healthy. And this is a new-look offensive line, with Evan Mathis gone. So while the Eagles can perch atop the NFC East, saying it's likely to happen is another deal at this stage of the game.

And for Axel: 14. Ravens.
            Head coach John Harbaugh has said there's a chance Breshad Perriman could be ready to go Week 1. How much he contributes early on could have a large effect on Baltimore staying in the AFC North race. What we do know: Steve Smith Sr. was born ready to go, and Marlon Brown showed flashes in the preseason.

Link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...season-at-no-1

Comment

• The Packers need to put the Seahawks down this year. Those guys have been buzz killing the party for years now.

Comment

• I have NO DOUBT that my Seahawks will win it again this year. Pats got lucky last year. The damn INT to end the game last year still gives me nightmares. What a horrible play call. Stupidest call in NFL history.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  I have NO DOUBT that my Seahawks will win it again this year.
                  That will make the reality all that more crushing I'd imagine...

Comment

• Who's going to challenge them in the NFC? Cowboys? they're an accident waiting to happen. Packers are not going anywhere this year without Nelson. Cardinals? meh.

Injuries are the only thing tht can stop the Hawks this year.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Packers don't need Nelson to contend. It hurts their offense in some areas but you're overrating the impact one player can have on that offense. It's Aaron Rodgers, he's still going to find a way to get his job done. The Packers have also invested in the WR spot heavily in the last two draft classes probably because there was no guarantee that they could keep Nelson & Cobb together; both ended up getting extensions inked prior to the end of 2014.

Adams in games last year where he was targeted at least seven times averaged roughly 90 yards on six receptions. That was as the fourth option. Now he's second or third option. Extrapolate and that's huge numbers that he won't live up to but game film shows he's a legitimate WR2 on almost all teams in the NFL and on some, like the Seahawks, he would be nipping at WR1.

Ty Montgomery was their big investment this year and while he's not a pure receiver he has game breaking athleticism. He will work the return game and be sprinkled in on offense.

James Jones returns and James is a system man. He thrived in the Green Bay and will again.

Long story short, they're great at WR and that will be clear on Sunday. The Seahawks have a nice team and it's easy to talk big right now but injuries strike everyone, so too does bad luck and bad play calls. Last time the Packers won the Super Bowl they did so with essentially a skeleton crew at some positions. The following summer everyone in the media were talking potential dynasty because that team who won it with so many injuries now would be at full strength. Well guess what, that potential dynasty didn't play out. Some due to bad luck and some due to mental errors made by inexperienced players.

The likelihood of the Seahawks making it back there again this year is not great. They've been very lucky personnel-wise but that only can go on for so long before they take a tough shot.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        Who's going to challenge them in the NFC? Cowboys? they're an accident waiting to happen. Packers are not going anywhere this year without Nelson. Cardinals? meh.

Injuries are the only thing tht can stop the Hawks this year.
                        Yes, Cowboys. Would've beat em twice in their own house last season if the refs weren't retarded in GB.

Comment

• Dezappointed still, huh? It wasn't a catch, deal with it!

Comment

• This Seahawks team IMO is MUCH BETTER team than last years team or the team that won the SB.

Russell Wilson for the first time ever will have a LEGIT receiver to throw to in Jimmy Graham.

The defence is the same. They still have Beastmode. I don't see nobody stopping them this year.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                              Yes, Cowboys. Would've beat em twice in their own house last season if the refs weren't retarded in GB.
                              Not a catch
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Seattle has the fourth hardest schedule this season. They've been very lucky with injuries but that can't last forever.

Comment

Working...
                                X