No announcement yet.

Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colts drop another to AFC East. Serious issues in Indy. If they regress this year, Pagano is gone as coach.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• The rivalry between the Seahawks and the Packers is really intense. You see it every time they play each other. They dislike each other, they'll scrap and do little dirty things over the course of the game.

I just really enjoy seeing those Seahawks starting off 0-2. It's a beautiful thing. My favorite part of week two was when Russell Wilson, tossed the pick. There was no Seahawks in the neighborhood but he hit a Packer right on the numbers. I think Lambeau got to him. I think the Packers' D got to him. Clay was in hot pursuit all night long.

Axel wrote: View Post
      Colts drop another to AFC East. Serious issues in Indy. If they regress this year, Pagano is gone as coach.
      My best bud is a Colts fan. He wouldn't shut up in August about how Frank and Andre put them over the top. This was their year to win it all.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
        Brandon Weedon is the best!!!
        Fixed

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          My best bud is a Colts fan. He wouldn't shut up in August about how Frank and Andre put them over the top. This was their year to win it all.
          I know a big Colts fan and we text fairly often (wives are best friends but they live in NB) and he detailed exactly how Johnson was going to work with Luck and how Gore was the first "real" back they've had since Edgerrin retired. I told him I was highly skeptical because "old" free agents rarely pan out and that their draft didn't address their biggest weaknesses (both O and D lines).

Needless to say he thinks the ship is sinking. The whole Pagano vs Grigson should be interesting to see how it plays out. Both are in the final year of their contracts and they haven't gotten along greatly (rumour is Grigson over-steps into coaching decisions but his supported by the Owner). If there is a power struggle, Grigson has an inside track with the owner but the players LOVE Pagano, so ultimately I think the owner will be swayed by whoever Luck throws his support behind.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Pagano tossed Luck under the bus in the press conference. That sounds like a man who feels cornered. If it's Geno Smith, fine, have at it but you don't talk that way about the Owner's pride and joy.

Comment

Pagano tossed Luck under the bus in the press conference. That sounds like a man who feels cornered. If it's Geno Smith, fine, have at it but you don't talk that way about the Owner's pride and joy.
              True, I wasn't really taking last night's comments into account (yet). I really like Pagano but if you have the odds stacked against you, throwing shade at Luck isn't going to help.

Comment

• Fantastic stat of the day (for you Apollo) from SI's Power Rankings:

"There have been two World Cups (one men's, one women's), an Olympic Games, three solar eclipses and seven Adam Sandler movies since Aaron Rodgers last threw a home interception (Dec. 2, 2012). He is on such a ridiculous run that it's not even a surprise when he does something like, you know, make Richard Sherman look entirely average."

Comment

• Amazing when you consider how much he throws down field. He's the most efficient passer of all time and can make every throw in the book and some not in the book. The Packers have been really fortunate at QB since '92.

Comment

• Comment

• Big Ben sprained his MCL. Six weeks is the estimate. Vick is up. It feels like there are more injuries this season.

Comment

Big Ben sprained his MCL. Six weeks is the estimate. Vick is up. It feels like there are more injuries this season.
                        My buddy told me the other day that 15% of the players are injured. Crazy. It reeeeeeally suck when you lose your two best players in consecutive weeks.

Comment

• Yeah, last week the Packers had three guys in the locker room before the half. I'm used to the Packers being hammered with injuries though, it happens almost every year to them for some reason... Hopefully Lacy and Adams suit up tonight. Morgan Burnett looks like he won't...

I have to admit, the Cowboys seem cursed this year. At least Joe Randle is going off now. They need him to step up big.

Comment

• That was a nice performance, however, when your QB has thrown 1 completion to your WR(not their fault, he didn't even look at them aside from the deep toss to Williams on the second or third play of the game) for the game, chances are you're not winning. The first half was electric, but then Weeden came out and threw just a ridiculous pick and it was all downhill from there. Defense couldn't stop Freeman or Jones after that...

Just waiting for Hardy, McClain and Gregory to get back on the defensive side. Just gotta hopefully go .500 without Romo and Dez and hope they`re not out of it by that time.

Comment

• They're saying Dez might be back by week 7. That's not that far away.

Comment

• Air Rodgers

When asked about Aaron Rodgers on Monday night, Green Bay backup quarterback Scott Tolzien said what we were all thinking.

"I mean, to me, it's like watching Jordan in his prime," Tolzien said, via ESPN Wisconsin. "He's at the top of his game. He makes it all go."

Rodgers' performance on the main stage at Lambeau -- 24 of 35 for 333 yards, five touchdowns and no interceptions -- actually dropped his season completion percentage down to 73.6. It was only his second-best passer rating (138.5) of the season.
                                http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...n-in-his-prime

Gruden compared him to Jordan in terms of dominance and his ability to take over and control a game, making the most out of what he has around him.

He also made a Curry comparison because of his quick feet in the pocket. That segment made me chuckle, Gruden gives 100% effort always during broadcasts, I love that guy.

This might be their year if Rodger can stay on the field.

Adams re-injures ankle...
                                Ouch: Receiver Davante Adams lasted only three plays before his left ankle sprain knocked him out again, and tight end Andrew Quarless left in the second quarter with a potentially serious left knee injury. Linebacker Jake Ryan left with a hamstring injury, and defensive end Datone Jones was being evaluated for a concussion.
                                http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-pa...rs-over-chiefs

Maybe Donald Driver will come out of retirement(jk)... It's getting thin. I wouldn't mind seeing a smart guy like Wes Welker added. Sure he may not have much at all left in the tank but they could throw him in the slot and count on him to make the catch. He would be more reliable than Janis.

Comment

Working...
                                X