No announcement yet.

Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that's got to be embarrassing in the locker room.

Comment

• NFL Rookie Orientation: "Get Yourself A Fall Guy"

From ESPN:
      Shortly after he was drafted by the 49ers in the third round last year, Borland attended the annual rookie orientation put on by the NFL. The league tries to prepare young players for what to expect on and off the field, and it brought in two prominent retired players to give the rookies advice.

"Get yourself a fall guy," Borland says one of the former players advised. The former player, whom Borland declined to name, told the rookies that if they ran into legal trouble, their designated fall guy would be there to take the blame and, if necessary, go to jail. "We'll bail him out," Borland says the former player assured them.

Borland was appalled. "I was just sitting there thinking, 'Should I walk out? What am I supposed to do?'" he recalls. He says he didn't leave the room because he didn't want to cause a scene, but the incident stayed with him.

As of August 16, at least 23 NFL players have been arrested since the Super Bowl. If there's any truth to Borland's claim, one has to wonder how many more could have been arrested if they hadn't had fall guys to take the blame for them.
      http://www.businessinsider.com/forme...borland-2015-8

This must have been introduced after Aaron Hernandez entered the league.

Comment

• Reports are out that Roddy White may be on the block. There may be three suitors. That would be one of the biggest names to get traded this year.

Comment

• Seahawks are back folks! we might never lose another game this year.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• LOL I figured you learned your lesson. I was wrong.

Comment

• My opinion has not changed. This is the best team in football.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• You were pretty quiet when they were getting their asses handed to them a few weeks ago.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  You were pretty quiet when they were getting their asses handed to them a few weeks ago.
                  Chancellor did not play.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                    Seahawks are back folks! we might never lose another game this year.
                    Last edited by rocwell; Sun Oct 11, 2015, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Chancellor did not play.
                      Lots of guys don't play, it's the NFL.

In other news, it sadly looks like Jamal Charles' season is done. ACL.

Comment

• Here's a few of your favorite logo's, Canadianized! Click the link for the rest. My favorite is the Ravens, eh Axel!?

http://uproxx.com/ksk/2015/06/what-i...were-canadian/

Comment

• The NFL Thread - Rookie Orientation Key Tip (#1185)

Mack North wrote: View Post
                          Here's a few of your favorite logo's, Canadianized! Click the link for the rest. My favorite is the Ravens, eh Axel!?

http://uproxx.com/ksk/2015/06/what-i...were-canadian/

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel, I think there is a shot available that can cure your Bieber Fever. Take care.

Comment

Seahawks are back folks! we might never lose another game this year.
                              Are you okay, mate?

Comment

• Fear The 'Hawks

rocwell wrote: View Post
                                Are you okay, mate?
                                But... But Brock Coyle wasn't playing so that totally does not count and they go undefeated starting now. GOAT.

I never liked the Ravens this year but I never thought they'd be done by week six. The Raiders and Browns have better records.
                                I'm a little surprised about Carolina given their receiving woes.
                                The Packers/Chargers game was phenomenal.
                                The Steelers are going to be legit contenders when they get Big Ben back. Who called it?

Comment

Working...
                                X