Clear All

• Saints' D is garbage.

Comment

• Cowboys better score now. Great return by Whitehead

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        Cowboys better score now. Great return by Whitehead
        wow. Dez.
        Last edited by rocwell; Mon Nov 9, 2015, 12:05 AM.

Comment

• Can't even manage one fucking win without Romo.. don't anyone say he isn't a valuable piece... THE MVP, of our team anyways. You don't watch the games if you still think he's garbage. Could easily be 6-2 with him for sure.

No excuses, we can't get it done. Just gotta pray we can sneak in once he gets back. Very tough task...

Comment

• I think what always gets people with Romo is the late game turnovers. People forget or don't realize all that went into the Cowboys being in the situation to win late game; they don't get it that it was because of Romo that they're in the drivers seat to win it, they only see the bad pick on sports center.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              I think what always gets people with Romo is the late game turnovers. People forget or don't realize all that went into the Cowboys being in the situation to win late game; they don't get it that it was because of Romo that they're in the drivers seat to win it, they only see the bad pick on sports center.
              Que rant:

Problem with many football "fans" is that they are solely interested in the highlights and the fantasy points that a player produces. They spend their Sunday watching NFL red-zone (which only shows snaps where a scoring play is possible and jump between multiple games) and do not learn anything about the game at the NFL level. I know a guy like this, swell guy, but he cannot discuss football except through the prism of fantasy. He knows exactly how many fan points player X is expected to put up next week, but cannot identify a chop block or a zone read. This is what many NFL fans have been reduced to, player highlights and fantasy points. So Romo (like many players) are whatever Sportscenter shows them as. Defensive players don't even exist in their universe.

It has lowered the collective intelligence of the fanbase and it has spread to the point where pre-game shows spend more time on fantasy predictions than breaking down film that shows play calling and execution.

End Rant.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                Que rant:

Problem with many football "fans" is that they are solely interested in the highlights and the fantasy points that a player produces. They spend their Sunday watching NFL red-zone (which only shows snaps where a scoring play is possible and jump between multiple games) and do not learn anything about the game at the NFL level. I know a guy like this, swell guy, but he cannot discuss football except through the prism of fantasy. He knows exactly how many fan points player X is expected to put up next week, but cannot identify a chop block or a zone read. This is what many NFL fans have been reduced to, player highlights and fantasy points. So Romo (like many players) are whatever Sportscenter shows them as. Defensive players don't even exist in their universe.

It has lowered the collective intelligence of the fanbase and it has spread to the point where pre-game shows spend more time on fantasy predictions than breaking down film that shows play calling and execution.

End Rant.
                Bang on, the game has expanded in popularity partially due to Fantasy Sports and Madden but no doubt some of these fans (especially the FF crowd) don't really understand the game that well. Romo is unquestionably a top ten QB in the league and so too is Philip Rivers but these guys don't get the praise they deserve because they have no rings and have had a few down years statistically due to talent around them and injuries. Rivers is killing it in fantasy this year so I'll be interested to see the opinion of him at seasons end.

You know I got some complaints about our leagues rolling IDPs when they launched. Especially in Dynasty where you need to start nine IDPs in three different categories. I think leagues which don't use IDP (most leagues) are missing a large part of the game and it's less exciting because of it. I also think that IDP or defensive points should be a negative deduction against your opponent's score but that's another matter...

Comment

• I love that Dynasty has 9 defensive starters, although it sucks on Bye weeks since don't typically carry extras.

I would rather watch a full game between 2 teams that I have no connection to, then watch NFL red zone and see all of my fantasy players. The game isn't about fantasy football (despite that being the way the media coverage is going), but is about using play calls and execution to set up a big play, or get the defence to guess wrong. That is the real fun.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    I love that Dynasty has 9 defensive starters, although it sucks on Bye weeks since don't typically carry extras.
                    Yeah, there needs to be a fine balance between stocking your IDP bench with useful players for bye weeks and taking offensive fliers. Couple weeks ago I started trying to find ways to clear roster space for more IDPs but I still got burned on an empty DL slot this week due to a late week 'out' decision and a bye week. The three transactions per week limit can really hurt you if you burn through them all on Wednesday morning.

Axel wrote: View Post
                    I would rather watch a full game between 2 teams that I have no connection to, then watch NFL red zone and see all of my fantasy players. The game isn't about fantasy football (despite that being the way the media coverage is going), but is about using play calls and execution to set up a big play, or get the defence to guess wrong. That is the real fun.
                    I have a rule that tune out the NFL on Sundays for most of the day unless I have a game time decision in my lineup or the Packers are playing. I'll usually watch an evening game or the TN, SN or MN game. Daytime is tough because my family demands that time. A lot of times I'll PVR the Packers and avoid looking at any scores until I watch it.

Comment

A lot of times I'll PVR the Packers and avoid looking at any scores until I watch it.
                      Yeah, I PVR whenever I can. Only way to really know a football team is to see it all. Bench depth is impossible to learn about playing fantasy; and those bench guys may be your starters next season.

Comment

• The great thing about PVR too is the obvious fast forwarding through commercials and play stoppages. I can watch a Packers game in really short time without missing any action.

Comment

• Dion Lewis out with a torn ACL. Ugh.

Comment

• Confirmed, Dion Lewis done for the season with an ACL injury. Is is just me or are devastating knee injuries becoming more and more common? Is it due to the increased size and speed of the players I wonder? Perhaps the turf? ACL is typically a non contact injury. MCL, not so much. Both seem on the rise though.

The Packers lost Jordy. The Cheifs lost Charles. The Steelers lost Bell. There are more but these are some of the more high profile players, all coming off elite seasons.

EDIT: Rocwell, well played sir. Well played.

Comment

Confirmed, Dion Lewis done for the season with an ACL injury. Is is just me or are devastating knee injuries becoming more and more common? Is it due to the increased size and speed of the players I wonder? Perhaps the turf? ACL is typically a non contact injury. MCL, not so much. Both seem on the rise though.

The Packers lost Jordy. The Cheifs lost Charles. The Steelers lost Bell. There are more but these are some of the more high profile players, all coming off elite seasons.

EDIT: Rocwell, well played sir. Well played.
                              It's sad, but devastating non-contact and contact injuries are a part of sport and there's not much we can do at this moment, in my opinion. When you think, ACL injuries were very rare occurrences in the NBA, so what happened? I believe you're right on that increased size thing. Guys are getting stronger and bigger. Maybe those areas which you need to stabilize ( to support ACL ) doesn't really respond well to such strength, size and speed?

Anyway.. I read some article where NFL boys were quoted sayin that too long preseason could be the cause of more ACL injuries.. What do you think about that? me personally.. I don't buy it.

Comment

• There really is no need for the preseason to be 4 games, 2 is more than enough IMO. But unless they're getting hurt in those preseason games, there's no way to equate those games with games in week 8 or 9. It's just an unlucky, unpreventable injury in most cases. A lot of the time it happens without even coming into contact with another player.

Comment

Working...
                                X