No announcement yet.

Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personally think it's more to do with size and speed of players (hard cuts at high speed with big bodies) than anything but cutting the preseason should be done regardless.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      It's sad, but devastating non-contact and contact injuries are a part of sport and there's not much we can do at this moment, in my opinion. When you think, ACL injuries were very rare occurrences in the NBA, so what happened? I believe you're right on that increased size thing. Guys are getting stronger and bigger. Maybe those areas which you need to stabilize ( to support ACL ) doesn't really respond well to such strength, size and speed?

Anyway.. I read some article where NFL boys were quoted sayin that too long preseason could be the cause of more ACL injuries.. What do you think about that? me personally.. I don't buy it.
      Preseason games should be scrapped all together in my opinion. You won't see it happen unless the season length is increased. The NFL cares about the bottom line more than anything else after all.

I think the league should mandate a standard indoor turf and a standard outdoor turf. The turfs should be studied to determine a solution to help reduce these non contact sports injuries. I'm not blaming it all on the turf but we're talking non contact and so you have to think the surface must have something to do with it.

In the case of Dion Lewis, he's a smaller speedy guy; if you saw him on the street you probably wouldn't think he was a football player. Same for Jamaal Charles. They just blew their ACL, it wasn't due to being huge guys. Le'veon, Arian and Jordy are all big dudes though.
      Last edited by Apollo; Mon Nov 9, 2015, 05:15 PM. Reason: Autocorrelation.... Autocorrect. Damn it. lol

Comment

• That guy Asian is a monster!!

Comment

• Oh the drama

Autocorreeeeeeeeeeeeect!!! Damn you SwiftKey, damn you.

Comment

• What the heck these Bears are doing? They just gave Rivers an easy completion.

Bad, bad football.

Comment

• Such a wasted season for my Cowboys... lose another heart-breaker, this time to TB. I'm pretty much numb to the L's now. But hey, Romo is back next week(most likely!) so they can start whippin' some ass like they're supposed to! Run the table and we have a shot. I really just want the December 27 matchup in Buffalo to mean something, 'cause I'll be attending that one.

Comment

• Mack, I know how you feel. Couple years ago Rodgers broke his collar bone and it was torture to watch at times.

Comment

• what the heck is wrong with Peyton fuck

Comment

• He is pretty old for an NFL QB. It could be that.

Comment

• Edelman broke his foot. Is he done for the season ?
                      Last edited by rocwell; Sun Nov 15, 2015, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• Best wishes to Mike Lupati

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Mack, I know how you feel. Couple years ago Rodgers broke his collar bone and it was torture to watch at times.
                          When I don't even bother to find a stream until halftime and take the pup to the dog park from 2:30 til 3:30, it's a sign of things going wrong. lol Came back and it was still 6-3 with 5 mins to go... had Jameis fumble on a dive to the endzone only to have it called back due to holding! The struggle is real...

What's happening to your Pack? They looked so dominant for 6 weeks but have lost 3 straight! I saw where ARod threw 61 times today... yikes.

Comment

• They'll sort it out. It's a mix of injuries and mistakes(mostly by inexperienced and/or replacement level talent). They're still 6-3 right now.

Comment

• So Manning has a torn ligament in his foot. Its a result of playing on lesser ligament injuries in his foot. This would explain his bad game because he cannot plant his feet, thus generate the velocity and accuracy he's accustomed to.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                So Manning has a torn ligament in his foot. Its a result of playing on lesser ligament injuries in his foot. This would explain his bad game because he cannot plant his feet, thus generate the velocity and accuracy he's accustomed to.
                                Broncos are FUBAR if Peyton doesn't play. Just goes to show how important it is to have a very good QB. There's only about 10 of them in the world.

Comment

Working...
                                X