No announcement yet.

Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJ is probably on keeper radar for me next year now. I'm looking at potentially an overhaul so he's on my shortlist for sure, he really helped me this week.

Comment

• Odell Beckham with some serious chump moves. Can't respect a guy who plays like that.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        Odell Beckham with some serious chump moves. Can't respect a guy who plays like that.
        He should be suspended for that cheap shot.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          He should be suspended for that cheap shot.
          I agree but feel the NFL won't. Offensive guys get away with a lot. If that was the other way around, auto suspension.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Beckham has been suspended for one game.
            Last edited by rocwell; Mon Dec 21, 2015, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
              Beckham has been suspended for one game.
              Good. I can only imagine how angry Tom Coughlin is at Beckham right now.

Comment

Odell Beckham with some serious chump moves. Can't respect a guy who plays like that.
                Not gonna defend what he did because it was just plain poor sportsmanship but Josh Norman is a rising star lockdown corner. He's frustrated many WR this season with his smothering play.

Beckham is young, all we got is that play to go on, and so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he'll put it behind him and be better for it.

Comment

• The NFL Thread

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Not gonna defend what he did because it was just plain poor sportsmanship but Josh Norman is a rising star lockdown corner. He's frustrated many WR this season with his smothering play.

Beckham is young, all we got is that play to go on, and so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he'll put it behind him and be better for it.
                  It wasn't just one play though. Dude took multiple unnecessary shots and should have been flagged for his step over celebration on the TD catch.

Basically Beckham showed his true colours. Fine competitor unless the other guy is better. Hard to respect the guy right now.

Look at a guy like Steve Smith. Battled hard against corners for years but I never saw him take multiple cheap shots like I saw with Beckham.

Comment

• I'll again point out that he's really young and his maturity hasn't yet caught up with his immense talent. Clearly Norman isn't better than him in terms of ability. We can only hope that he grows up and follows Dez Bryant rather than Terrell Owens; what I mean by that is Dez eventually got his head on straight.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      I'll again point out that he's really young and his maturity hasn't yet caught up with his immense talent. Clearly Norman isn't better than him in terms of ability. We can only hope that he grows up and follows Dez Bryant rather than Terrell Owens; what I mean by that is Dez eventually got his head on straight.
                      Yeah but young or not, that is beyond what one normally sees. Even Dez didn't pull any crap like that. Very different nature of the beast in my imo

Comment

• The worst thing in the NFL is the ravens new gold pants.
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Yeah but young or not, that is beyond what one normally sees. Even Dez didn't pull any crap like that. Very different nature of the beast in my imo
                          Looking at the big picture, as a fan you really have two option:
                          1. Let it go and give him the benefit of the doubt
                          2. Hold one game against him for the rest of his career; maybe 8-12 years.

He was no doubt out of control that game but I'm landing on the side of everyone deserving another chance and no one got hurt besides himself. Dude was a Superstar overnight, ROY, Madden cover boy all in NYC. It would be easy to let that get in your head a little. Maybe this, along with some coaching and guidance, sets him straight. He knows he's no go to anybody sitting on the sidelines. It also hurts to be fined and suspended(loss of even more money). The NFL got this one right.
                          Last edited by Apollo; Tue Dec 22, 2015, 09:27 AM. Reason: More to say.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Looking at the big picture, as a fan you really have two option:
                            1. Let it go and give him the benefit of the doubt
                            2. Hold one game against him for the rest of his career; maybe 8-12 years.

He was no doubt out of control that game but I'm landing on the side of everyone deserving another chance and no one got hurt besides himself.
                            If he wasn't on your fantasy team, your opinion might be different.

And this isn't the first time his behaviour rubbed me the wrong way but it's the first time that it went from annoying showboat to reckless player.

Comment

If he wasn't on your fantasy team, your opinion might be different.

And this isn't the first time his behaviour rubbed me the wrong way but it's the first time that it went from annoying showboat to reckless player.
                              Bah, I don't care about the fantasy football stuff. He's not going to affect that club's chemistry, they're two time champs and have a great locker room culture. Don't believe the rumors, everything is fine and Eddy Lacy is not on the block after we gave him all that money and he cost us a three-peat title. *Kicks Lacy further under the bus*

That said, I'm not going to hold a grudge against Odell Beckham because Josh Norman got in his head and made him look like a chump. That should be a humbling experience for Beckham, he was taken down a notch.

Comment

• I think fantasy football gives a positive connotation which may influence perspective.

To me it isn't about the impact on the Giants but rather the disrespect for his opponent. I can appreciate a hard physical battle with an opponent (Ravens-Steelers) but that went beyond.

Do I hold a grudge? No because it doesn't really impact me.
                                Do I think he's a dirty player? Yes.
                                Can he rehab that image? absolutely.
                                Will he? Who knows.

I'm also not convinced he was humbled. He is appealing the suspension and I haven't heard him say anything that sounds humbled or apologetic.

Flip side is, another bad day for the refs. You can't let things escalate like that and Beckham should have been ejected after the helmet to helmet hit. Even Coughlin considered taking him out after that. Refs failed there.

Comment

Working...
                                X