Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    But they did. You don't draft a mobile QB who never was asked to operating much in the pocket in college and force him into a pocket passer role. It doesn't make any sense. It's like drafting Andrea Bargnani to be your strong presence in the middle.
    Yeah, it's the Skins. Good decisions aren't exactly their forte. Either way though, that doesn't mean RG3 would have been a star except for his injury. He's a questionable NFL QB.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• His rookie season was downright amazing. He still may redeem his career yet. It depends on how the Browns use him and his durability.

Comment

His rookie season was downright amazing. He still may redeem his career yet. It depends on how the Browns use him and his durability.
        Yeah and I remember when the Wild Cat was taking over NFL offences. Some things are just meant to be successful in small doses. Jury is still out on RG3 but I wouldn't say his ACL injury is the reason for his career path.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• 1. 'I Can't Stand Him'
          Across NFL front offices, there are team officials who are not offended, and even embrace, the controversial position of Colin Kaepernick. They are out there. Statistically, they have to be. But they are keeping a low profile.

They seem to be far outnumbered by the members of NFL front offices who despise him. Truly, truly hate him.

"I don't want him anywhere near my team," one front office executive said. "He's a traitor."

A traitor?

He wasn't alone in the anger directed toward Kaepernick. In interviews with seven team executives, each said he didn't want Kaepernick on his team. This is far from scientific, but I believe this is likely the feeling among many front office executives. Not all. But many.

All seven estimated 90 to 95 percent of NFL front offices felt the same way they did. One executive said he hasn't seen this much collective dislike among front office members regarding a player since Rae Carruth. Remember Rae Carruth? He's still in prison for the plot to murder his pregnant girlfriend.

Personally, I think the dislike of Kaepernick is inappropriate and un-American. I find it ironic that citizens who live in a country whose existence is based on dissent criticize someone who expresses dissent.

But in NFL front offices, the feeling is very different.

"He has no respect for our country," one team executive said. "F--k that guy."

Another said that if an owner asked him to sign Kaepernick, he would consider resigning, rather than do it.

There could be some executives who...
          Continued here: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-front-offices
          Personally I don't like Kaep for his cocky attitude and the fact that he knocked the Packers out a few years back. All this political shit is just unwanted drama for me. I enjoy football because it typically is just about the sport and nothing else. That's why it appeals to me. For instance, if my car was always telling me how corrupt a certain politician was or how a minority is being treated unfairly I might be inclined to get a new car because that would stress me out and I don't want that in the features of a car. lol

I will say though that he has a right to express himself but its odd he's doing it alone. He made $11M last year and never donated a penny to groups like Black Lives Matter and he's not a member of any groups. Why come out like this alone in a way that he must have known would cause a huge backlash? Another thing, America isn't comprised of three people, there's another 250 million people out there. Why not stand and call out the people who he has issue with?

Comment

Personally I don't like Kaep for his cocky attitude and the fact that he knocked the Packers out a few years back. All this political shit is just unwanted drama for me. I enjoy football because it typically is just about the sport and nothing else. That's why it appeals to me. For instance, if my car was always telling me how corrupt a certain politician was or how a minority is being treated unfairly I might be inclined to get a new car because that would stress me out and I don't want that in the features of a car. lol

I will say though that he has a right to express himself but its odd he's doing it alone. He made $11M last year and never donated a penny to groups like Black Lives Matter and he's not a member of any groups. Why come out like this alone in a way that he must have known would cause a huge backlash? Another thing, America isn't comprised of three people, there's another 250 million people out there. Why not stand and call out the people who he has issue with?
            I've had a strong dislike for him ever since he applied to trademark his "kiss his bicep" celebration. Total douche-canoe

Comment

Afraid we will never quite get away from the socio/poltical aspects of what ails America (and others as well) when it comes to football...the most watched pro sport in N. America ...played by a significant majority of black men...especially in the currently charged political climate.

From what I have read I understand that CK has been quite been taken by the BLM movement (since about Dec. 2015). Are you sure he has never donated to that or other groups?

I thought that the following link/piece speaks well to why compared to other black star athletes CK has put a lot on the line by raising the issue.

http://www.theroot.com/articles/cult...areer-may-not/

Comment

• I recall reading somewhere that his net worth is $100M and he's donated no money to BLM or any other rights group. Dig around and maybe you'll find that too. I'm moving on though because Kaepernick probably is done in the league and the season is almost upon us.

Comment

I recall reading somewhere that his net worth is $100M and he's donated no money to BLM or any other rights group. Dig around and maybe you'll find that too. I'm moving on though because Kaepernick probably is done in the league and the season is almost upon us.
                  No way man, Chip and Kap are taking the 9ers all the way!! 😂

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                    No way man, Chip and Kap are taking the 9ers all the way!! 😂
                    You mean Gabbert and Chip.....

I do think Kaep has one more team in his NFL future but will likely never be a full time starter; just too poor at throwing the football.

Remember when Jaws was talking about this kid going to be a Hall of Famer? Quite the tumble.

Comment

• I was just being facetious, I hate the 9ers. Kap will probably overtake Gabbert in the next few weeks anyhow, knowing how Chip Kelly runs things. Who knows, maybe even after a great preseason week 4 performance.

Comment

• I don't know why any team would sign Kaepernick if he gets cut. Why is he worth the trouble? It his choice to not honor the anthem and the flag and it's the Owners' choice to weigh the negative value such a player brings to the table. He'll be a distraction and in the NFL if you're a distraction and you haven't been a top tier talent lately then you're out on your ass drying your tears in $100 bills. It's totally a "what have you done lately" kind of environment.

Comment

I don't know why any team would sign Kaepernick if he gets cut. Why is he worth the trouble? It his choice to not honor the anthem and the flag and it's the Owners' choice to weigh the negative value such a player brings to the table. He'll be a distraction and in the NFL if you're a distraction and you haven't been a top tier talent lately then you're out on your ass drying your tears in $100 bills. It's totally a "what have you done lately" kind of environment.
                          Just ask Johnny Idiotface, T.O., Tebow, Ochocinco, Ray Rice and the list goes on. It's very cut-throat, but at the same time why would you jeopardize the limited amount if time you have to make your fortune? Fully knowing they will cut your ass any time they feel like it.

Comment

• I don't think Kaep gets cut this season. By next season, someone will take a flier.

Comment

• Here's a blurp on it from an agent's perspective:

2016 Salary Cap Number: $15,890,753
                              2016 Compensation: $14.3 Million ($11.9 Million Base Salary Guarantee)
                              2016 Dead Money: $14,765,753
                              2017 Dead Money: $4,931,506
                              2016 Salary Cap Savings: $1.125 Million (from per game 46-man active roster bonuses)

It's really a matter of when, not if, the 49ers part ways with Kaepernick. His long-awaited preseason debut against the Green Bay Packers on Friday night, which was delayed because of a "dead arm" that kept him out of several practices and prior preseason game action, didn't help him gain any ground against Blaine Gabbert in the competition for the 49ers' starting quarterback job.

Kaepernick's refusal to stand for the national anthem before the game to protest racial injustice overshadowed his lackluster play. His controversial stance has a created a distraction for the 49ers, which is unlikely to go away as long as he continues his protest.

Kaepernick may not be able to afford another bad outing in Thursday's night preseason finale against the San Diego Chargers despite his fully guaranteed $11.9 million base salary. His guarantee makes him practically untradeable. The acrimonious relationship between Kaepernick and the 49ers, particularly with general manager Trent Baalke, hasn't seemed to improve since pre-NFL Draft trade talks with the Denver Broncos stalled over the quarterback's unwillingness to take a pay cut.

Head coach Chip Kelly traded or released key contributors with strong personalities during his almost three seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles but doesn't quite have the same type of power in San Francisco.

With over $45 million in 2016 salary cap room, San Francisco can take the hit now with Kaepernick's guarantee even though there aren't much savings in releasing him. The 49ers would pick up almost $14.5 million of cap room in 2017 by not having Kaepernick"s $19,365,753 cap number on the books next year.
                              http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ag...on-the-bubble/

Then consider the outage in the other article among league executives. Then consider the outage in the fan base. I don't know why a team bothers with him during a QB renaissance.

He's not even that good. He came onto the scene at a very oportune time where teams didn't know how to effectively deal with the read option. Now they do and he's proven to be a mediocre QB in the pocket. Last year his QB rating was 78.5 and that stinks for a 29 year old QB making $14.3M this season.

Comment

• So the Chargers are planning something special when they host the 49ers this Thursday:

The San Diego Chargers will celebrate the 28th Annual Salute to the Military, paying tribute to hundreds of thousands of current and retired military personnel who live and work in San Diego, when they host the San Francisco 49ers on Thursday, Sept. 1 at Qualcomm Stadium. Kickoff set for 7 p.m. PT.

Fans in attendance will enjoy pregame entertainment provided by the Marine Band San Diego along with the Frog X parachute team, featuring retired navy seals who will be leaping into Qualcomm Stadium. The National Anthem will be performed by Petty Officer 1st Class Steven Powell from the U.S. Navy while 240 sailors, marines and soldiers present a U.S. Super Flag and service emblems from all branches of service. Color guards from the Navy, Marine Corps and Army will present the flag.

At halftime the Chargers will recognize six Vietnam War veterans as a remembrance of the 50th anniversary of the war. The Chargers will also have wounded warriors as special guests and a patriotic fireworks show to wrap up half-time.

At the start of the third quarter, Petty officer 1st Class Steven Powell will return to the field where he will perform God Bless America.
                                http://www.chargers.com/news/2016/08...ers-49ers-game

Timing is everything. haha

Comment

Working...
                                X