No announcement yet.

Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Chiefs didn't need JC. Ware looked impressive, just like pre-season. If he gets another game in with JC out and performs at this level he'll have established himself as RB1A or RB1B in KC. JC is a speed back coming off his second ACL and about to turn 30. They writing is on the wall in terms of the point in his career he's at.

Comment

• What the heck Hauschka..

edit: it was blocked

Comment

• The Pats/Cards game last night was great. I stayed up late watching it and it was worth it. The was a huge victory for the Pats. They won on the road without Brady. Everyone else in the division lost. Now they have a three game home stand and then get Golden Boy back.

On the flip side, the Cards must be really disappointed. My question is that they ripped it up on most of that last drive by focusing on Fitz. It was effective. It was also effective in the playoffs and so why did they wait so long to get him highly involved? I think play calling was what hurt them the most. Oh and also they burned all their timeouts by the 4:30 mark.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Comment

• RG3 placed on Injured Reserve due to shoulder injury suffered when he ran into a defender while getting out of bounds. Re-evaluated in 3-4 weeks but with IR designation he isn't able to return for at least 8 games; surgery still a possibility.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Need 19 points from Antonio tonight. Let's go lad

Comment

• 15-yard penalty for twerking.. hahaha AB

Comment

• Missed the game last night but it looks like DeAngelo Williams ripped'em a new one. It just shows how talented he is, I mean this dude is 34 years old. Its rare for a 34 RB to still be in the league, its unheard of for a 34 year old RB to perform like this. I think if he were in a better situation than Carolina all those years he'd be retired now with some pretty numbers but it seems like it's all worked out really well for him because those low mileage years has given him longevity. Makes you wonder if Carolina is kicking themselves because I think Jonathan Stewart is kind of overrated.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Missed the game last night but it looks like DeAngelo Williams ripped'em a new one. It just shows how talented he is, I mean this dude is 34 years old. Its rare for a 34 RB to still be in the league, its unheard of for a 34 year old RB to perform like this. I think if he were in a better situation than Carolina all those years he'd be retired now with some pretty numbers but it seems like it's all worked out really well for him because those low mileage years has given him longevity. Makes you wonder if Carolina is kicking themselves because I think Jonathan Stewart is kind of overrated.
                  Williams was one of my fav players for a long time. I think the split with Stewart has helped both guys with longevity.

He landed in a pretty good situation in Pittsburgh. The passing game is so good so defences have to leave space in the box and Williams is smart and talented enough to make enough plays until Bell returns. Plus Washington still has issues on defence.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Williams did this last year as well. They're fortunate to have a backup of his skill level.

Comment

• The NFL Thread

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Williams did this last year as well. They're fortunate to have a backup of his skill level.
                      Yes he is ideal to fill for Bell during the suspension but he wasn't good late in last season. Age may be the biggest factor but at this stage, he's a good Autumn player but isn't someone you want to count on in the winter.

Comment

• A letter from Goodell on league's commitment to player health and safety:

https://www.playsmartplaysafe.com/wp...16-xfinalx.pdf

Comment

• My rant of the week:

The way the game is headed with players getting bigger, stronger, faster, smarter, the league needs to be aggressive in limiting chances of brain injuries. Its a direct threat to the health of the game, not just the players playing right now benefiting immensely from the rewards of pro football. This could be achieved partially by making large investments into equipment R&D.

Possibly, there's something they can do rule-wise to reduce the chances of blind hits in the middle, I don't know. Maybe that's too risky from a product standpoint but rule changes seem like a logical place to investigate.

However, the new touchback rule is a lame effort in my opinion. It's already not working. I watched three games this week, one of those games was the Patriots game. Always on the lookout for an opportunity to flip the bird at the rules, they're now kicking it short so it's in the field of play. So for example, instead of booting it to the end endzone and having the opponent signal for a fair catch, (automatically taking it up to the 25 yard line this year) the Patriots now are kicking it high and short. What this allowed them to do in week one was entice the kick returner to try to make a play from the spot of the catch, say the ten yard line instead of the endzone. Meanwhile the Pats are rushing down the field and have a little more time to get there because of the hangtime on the ball. What it resulted in mostly were instances where the Cards were starting from the 18 or 20 instead of the 25 yard line like the NFL was hoping to achieve. What it resulted in is the returners being exposed to the Pats rushing down to make the hit on him, something the NFL was hoping to avoid with the new rule. You'll see more and more teams this year playing the kickoff this way now because they can get an edge if successful and worse case scenario its a fair catch and the opponent starts on the 25.

I am in the Mike McCarthy camp on the new rule: it's stupid. If you're gonna have a kick off then design the rules around the return, let them return it. If you don't want the players making kick returns then just do away with it and give them the ball at the 20 by default after a score. This dancing around, trying to make things safe while not changing the appearance of the traditional game is weak in my opinion.

Comment

• 84-yard TD! What a pass, Revis Island is sinking
                            Last edited by rocwell; Thu Sep 15, 2016, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• Oh no. Marshall immediately grabs his knee after getting dragged down.

Comment

• Buffalo is the most undisciplined team in the league and will once again lead the league in only one category....yards penalized..... until Rex is fired and the Bills begin another rebuild under a new GM and coach. They are the Knicks of the NFL.

If the Bills lose this game.... The Rex watch begins in earnest on Friday morning... Its not the loss itself...Its how they lose them.

They seem utterly incapable and unprepared on offense. They don't utilize their playmakers at all. They rarely throw to Watkins and when they call plays for McCoy they have him running east west rather than north south sets. They take the worst penalties at the most inopportune times on both offense and defense.
                                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Sep 15, 2016, 09:41 PM.
                                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X