• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huh. Disappointing for the Chiefs.

Easy win for the Pats next week.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      To Mack: your Cowboys have the foundation in place to contend for a while. Great comeback, great season for that matter. Dak is legit and I don't think Romo would have enhanced their odds tonight. All that said, woo-hoo here comes the Pack heading into ATL.
      Really tough one to swallow. A lot of dumb penalties in the first half that cost some scores, both for and against. And then that 3rd and 20 conversion to give them a chance at the end...WOW! As you said, I think the Cowboys future is bright if they can add to the defense. Better pass rushing and a ball-hawk in the secondary would be great.

Congrats man, I hope the Packers win the Super Bowl if it's not the Steelers or Falcons. Just not the CHEATRIOTS!

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        Huh. Disappointing for the Chiefs.

Easy win for the Pats next week.
        Easy win vs the Steelers with Big Ben, Bell and Brown? Killer B's on a swarm!

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
          And then that 3rd and 20 conversion to give them a chance at the end...
          I hear ya, I just about went through the roof when Cook caught that. The Packers don't go after many FA's but that was a rock solid signing.

Mack North wrote: View Post
          Congrats man, I hope the Packers win the Super Bowl if it's not the Steelers or Falcons. Just not the CHEATRIOTS!
          Thanks. The Falcons will be just as difficult as the Cowboys. It'll be a shootout. They may score 90 points combined.

Mack North wrote: View Post
          This is exactly what I was thinking. I watched the Miami game last week. The Steelers toyed with them, they're really good right now.

No one should think that it's lost on the Steelers that there's a chance they get a Super Bowl rematch against the Packers. 2010 probably still stings for them, they were really good that year as well.

Comment

• Was asked about #Cowboys’ plans for Tony Romo in 2017. No secret, #Broncos are his No. 1 spot. I’m told DEN is not inclined to trade for him
            https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/820702734966018048

Romo in Denver would instantly pull them forward to the top tier again.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
              If I was Pats fan, I'm happy. Pats match up much better with the Steelers. Let's just say it won't be an easy win, but they'll cover Vegas spread

Comment

• If I'm the Pats, I wanted the Chiefs. This is the playoffs and as the Packers are showing now and as they showed in 2010, an elite QB with a versatile offense can change everything.

Comment

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/820702734966018048

Romo in Denver would instantly pull them forward to the top tier again.
                  I've got an absolute dickhead of a buddy that's a Broncos fan, so I really don't want to see him go there... but it would be his best fit for sure. He would finally have a good defense.

Comment

• I could see the Jets making a run for him. Ditto for the 49ers and the Brown. If I'm Romo I'm saying, screw that... Cut me loose.

Comment

• Travis Kelce

JV

Comment

• They're twins. Damn.

In other news, I just read the Broncos aren't interested in talking Romo with the Cowboys. My guess is Romo's best option now would be in Chicago. Cutler hasn't been that great there and now's their chance for a clean break. They could trade for Romo and draft a young QB.

Comment

They're twins. Damn.

In other news, I just read the Broncos aren't interested in talking Romo with the Cowboys. My guess is Romo's best option now would be in Chicago. Cutler hasn't been that great there and now's their chance for a clean break. They could trade for Romo and draft a young QB.
                          I saw a similar report regarding Broncos but it went as far as to suggest that Romo would retire if a competitive team couldn't be found as a trade partner. Cowboys are willing to do right by Romo rather than pure asset management. Should be interesting to see how it plays out.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• The Bears would be a much better team with him in the fold. Outside of them and the Bronchos, I don't see any good landing spots.

Comment

The Bears would be a much better team with him in the fold. Outside of them and the Bronchos, I don't see any good landing spots.
                              Yes but are the Bears good enough for Romo to want to land there? They are in a tier of teams that could compete but could still miss the playoffs with Romo. I'd add teams like the Rams and Bills to that list.

Houston would be ideal for Romo but not sure how they make it work with their cap situation.

Cardinals might be the best bet if they do move on from Carson Palmer. Enough recent success to appease Romo but not so good that they wouldn't benefit from a deal.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I think they are, yes. You don't see it in their record because they were decimated with injuries all year. Cutler has been overrated his whole career. Cutler would already be gone if not for that huge contract he was locked into, which was also holding back the Bears from a cap standpoint(shades of Houston, only not so dire). The big thing the Bears have going for them is John Fox. If he meets with Romo he can show him what he did with Peyton Manning in his system and how they together made the Broncos an elite squad. That would probably be the pitch.

Both the Rams and Bills are risky. Both are going through transitions and are just beginning that phase. Neither has an established guy like Fox.

The Texans won't work. They have custom tailored Brock cement shoes.

The Cardinals had a down year but Palmer played better than two thirds of the league, their offense wasn't to blame. His arm looks good and I doubt they cut ties when he clearly has something left in the tank. Especially for risky guy like Tony Romo who could go down in week one with a broken collar bone or something.

Anyway, the Cowboys are likely to just cut him now so the Broncos are much more realistic with this new news.

Comment

Working...
                                X