X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo
    started a topic Everything Gridiron

Everything Gridiron

We need one. I need to talk football or I get the shakes. I need an intervention or something.

So I took the day off work. I have a bunch of flex days that I can't carry over to the New Year with my regular vac time. I'm here today lazying on the couch watching the American Thanks Giving Day game (one of three):

Green Bay Packers Vs. Detroit Lions

I love American Thanks Giving Day because it falls on a Canadian regular work day, which means my girlfriend isn't around to give him grief about lazying around watching football. Good game so far...For anyone who isn't a dirty Lions fan that is!

I know, I'm horrible but I hate the Lions, what can I say? And they never do anything to ever help themselves. Poor personnel decisions which have led to poor drafting, signing, etc.... I did read yesterday that they're talking with Mike Shanahan. That would be a smart hiring because Mike did a lot of great things in Denver. I have a lot of respect for him and it was sad to start up Madden 10 and for the first time in over a decade not being able to keep a tradition going, selecting Mike's West coast offense scheme for my team.

Back on course, Stafford has been picked three times already today...Which would be great for my Packers if they could move the chains. The Lions are really playing well on D today.

...Rogers just fumbled on 4th and 2... The words I'm thinking right now would make Richard Pryor blush. Anyway, the NFL Thread. Think, post, argue. Let's talk football.
    Last edited by Apollo; Thu Nov 26th, 2009, 02:38 PM.

• Apollo
    replied
    Mack North wrote: View Post

he's going back to CMU, already enrolled in classes lol that should do the trick.

https://nesn.com/2019/09/antonio-bro...e-his-classes/
    He should do this distance. He can't possibly afford many more sexual assault civil lawsuits.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    rocwell wrote: View Post

He needs help. Some is seriously wrong with his head
    he's going back to CMU, already enrolled in classes lol that should do the trick.

https://nesn.com/2019/09/antonio-bro...e-his-classes/

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    Funny, cuz Agholor had 2 TDs yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied

Unlikely to happen.

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    Antonio Brown's "retirement":

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Antonio Brown's "retirement":

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    Bendit wrote: View Post

I didn't see the game but reports said he was disciplined in the pocket... so assume he had good protection. Or was it a bad Miami def. line? The Ravens and Harbaugh have always been a favourite of mine... they play/field balanced teams. Also the pundits did not think Lamar was a particularly good pick last year so built in bias about their ranking for this year. What else is new
    The Dophins are going to be pretty bad this year. They don't have much talent and whats there in the way of talent is trying to get out. Still they are NFL players and its not as if Baltimore was playing East Baptist Cupcake State. You sitll have to make the reads and make the throws. Jackson did.

Before he is elevated to Mahomes levels... lets see a couple more games.
    This week they get the Cardinals...
    Circle the 22nd of Sept and the 20th of October when they Ravens go on the road to play the Chiefs and the Seahawks.
    The Chiefs are a quality opponent with a revamped defense and its loud in Arrowhead.
    The trip to the Northwest to play a good pass rush team in a echo chamber loud bandbox will also give a look into how quick Lamar can get the ball in play without procedure of delay of game calls and make his reads.

If he wins one of those two... kids going to make a lot of scouts look bad.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied

I didn't see the game but reports said he was disciplined in the pocket... so assume he had good protection. Or was it a bad Miami def. line? The Ravens and Harbaugh have always been a favourite of mine... they play/field balanced teams. Also the pundits did not think Lamar was a particularly good pick last year so built in bias about their ranking for this year. What else is new
    Pocket was good. Line played well. First snap was a great example as Yanda and Orlando Jr opened up that right side for Ingram who then took care of the rest (running over the Safety). Lamar only ran 3 times cause he was never forced to flush the pocket. Miami doesn't really offer much pressure though.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post

We have to wait until Week 3 unfortunately but the fact is, Lamar kicked ass as a starter last year and yet people were picking this team to finish 3rd in the division. They guys have a big chip on their shoulder

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied

how will the Ravens off. fare against better competition?
    We have to wait until Week 3 unfortunately but the fact is, Lamar kicked ass as a starter last year and yet people were picking this team to finish 3rd in the division. They guys have a big chip on their shoulder

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    Few week 1 thoughts:

1. That Saints - Texans game last night was fantastic, especially the ending. Could see either of those teams in Miami to end the season.
    2. Browns and Bears were both over-rated entering week 1 and it showed. I've seen a lot of experts picking the Bears to win the NFC North, but I don't think the Bears offence takes enough strides and the D will regress. I see the Vikings winning the division and then the Packers and Bears are battling for second. If healthy, I take Packers over Bears.
    3. Lamar Jackson was obviously brilliant and will be again in Week 2 against the Cards. Week 3 vs KC will be their first real test but one stat that needs to be reminded: Of the 34 QBs that played a snap in week 1 - Jackson was one of 5 22 yrs old to play and one of 3 starters at 22. The kid is still learning and growing.
    I saw that Texans game as well ... Texans QB took helluva beating... sorry he had to lose the way they did ... with the defense playing loosely in the last series. But it was a long kick to win.

The other games I watched were pretty so-so to boring and the replays seem to have increased. Agree that Chicago & Cleveland were over hyped ... but it's only Week 1 so we need to wait and see if they can rebound. Miami looked genuinely bad ... how will the Ravens off. fare against better competition?

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    The Packers have a reloaded defense which is underrated for now. I think the Bears will be very good but they need to work a few things out. They were without Trey Burton and I think he's a very important piece to their offense. They need to get David Montgomery more involved. The Packers didn't given them much space but multiple times he made something out of nothing, his elusiveness is impressive when you consider his size.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Few week 1 thoughts:

1. That Saints - Texans game last night was fantastic, especially the ending. Could see either of those teams in Miami to end the season.
    2. Browns and Bears were both over-rated entering week 1 and it showed. I've seen a lot of experts picking the Bears to win the NFC North, but I don't think the Bears offence takes enough strides and the D will regress. I see the Vikings winning the division and then the Packers and Bears are battling for second. If healthy, I take Packers over Bears.
    3. Lamar Jackson was obviously brilliant and will be again in Week 2 against the Cards. Week 3 vs KC will be their first real test but one stat that needs to be reminded: Of the 34 QBs that played a snap in week 1 - Jackson was one of 5 22 yrs old to play and one of 3 starters at 22. The kid is still learning and growing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X