X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    Quite the run for him this year. He knocked out three future hall of fame QB in the playoffs, all probably top ten greats when it's all said and done.

The Bucs outclassed the Chiefs on both sides of the ball though. Brady didn't need to do anything heroic or great to win that game and yet he still played really well.
    241 days till next kickoff.

Till then.. we got the Raps and Leafs and Blue Jays to help pass the time.

Stay well boyo's.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Quite the run for him this year. He knocked out three future hall of fame QB in the playoffs, all probably top ten greats when it's all said and done.

The Bucs outclassed the Chiefs on both sides of the ball though. Brady didn't need to do anything heroic or great to win that game and yet he still played really well.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Pretty fun game last night.. Tampa's defense was just too good.. and I should have saw that coming although it was hard to bet against KC's fire power. There was really only one penalty that was egregious and that was the pass interference play.. but from first glance I thought the defender tripped the guy.. it was only in the replay that showed that wasn't the case. KC should have challenged.. that's their fault that they didn't.

Either way.. KC only put up 9 points with 0 touch downs. Can't do that in the superbowl. Kind of a humiliating loss for those guys.. feels good actually. KC's ego was too much. Felt like GSW losing to Cleveland and Lebron there (but if it was a sweep).

I haven't watched football long enough to have a fair comment on the GOAT (within the 4 major NA sport leagues) debate.. but I still think Wayne Gretzky is #1 (even though he only has 4 rings compared to 7 or 6). Brady is probably over MJ now, but a QB unlike a basketball player only plays on one side of the field (Gretzky didn't play defense either).

What I get out of Brady though is he's a coach/GM/player all in one.. like Lebron is now. MJ never had that power. Gretzky had a bit of that but not really. His leadership is a reason why that team gelled like they did. He doesn't play defense, but he got his defense to play for him and give him a chance with the ball back. 7 chips is pretty remarkable, especially when you have 30+ teams and a one and done playoff format.

Also the half time show was pretty dope. I only know one of that guys songs, and it was way overplayed. But the overall presentation was cool. And what I really appreciated was that the guy wasn't twerking on a stripper pole.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    Not even close today.
    Thought the zebras were a little too much into the game in the 1st half, much to the detriment of the Chiefs, but in the end it didn't matter.
    Tampa throttled KC tonight.

Prop bet winner is Planet Mars with 3 outta 4.

Some bad call but also lots of undisipline play by the chiefs d. Dont know what the he the honey badger was thinking you dont trash talk the GOAT dude diced him up and made him look like an idiot. Brady was good that defense was unreal.
    hard to blame mahomes but dude has an array of weapons and wasnt able to break any big play. Reid also kinda shit the bed should have got the ball into hardman and hills hands even by handing the ball off. Those dudes are electric. Gotta get the ball In there hands however you can

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    Not even close today.
    Thought the zebras were a little too much into the game in the 1st half, much to the detriment of the Chiefs, but in the end it didn't matter.
    Tampa throttled KC tonight.

Prop bet winner is Planet Mars with 3 outta 4.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    If he wasn't already before, it's now an inarguable fact that Brady is the GOAT.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Bucks down by 4 and brady gets the ball back with 3 minutes left. Leads them down the field but a wrs drops a critical catch chiefs by 4

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

Prop bets.
    1. First DPI call goes against ?
    2. First Roughing the Passer goes against ?
    3. First TD ?
    4. Who leads at the half ?

1. KC
    2. KC
    3. KC
    4. Tampa

1. KC
    2. Nobody
    3. Tampa
    4. Tampa

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied

Prop bets.
    3. First TD ?

1. KC
    2. KC
    3. KC
    4. Tampa

1. tampa
    2. KC
    3. tampa
    4. tied

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    tough game to pick. i think i'd bet tampa. not because of brady or any bullshit like that but because i think bowles' blitzing defense could really get home on the chiefs missing both their tackles. they pressured rodgers repeatedly in both green bay games and i think they have the best line in the league.

if anyone is equipped to deal with blitzes and take advantage of 1 on 1's while under fire it's mahomes so we'll see.

i think it's a coin flip but can already see myself rolling my eyes at the brady fellating if he has another unspectacular performance that results in a win, so am picking bucs. go chiefs though

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied

I don't believe there's a Golden Boy conspiracy with the officiating but I can understand if someone believed in a conspiracy after the NFC title game. It seemed inconsistent in favor of the Bucs. Not all through the game but on the key plays, the big plays that shift momentum or that keep a team under wraps.

I won't be shocked if your prediction plays out.
    The tuck rule lives on in infamy.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied

Prop bets.
    3. First TD ?

1. KC
    2. KC
    3. KC
    4. Tampa
    I don't believe there's a Golden Boy conspiracy with the officiating but I can understand if someone believed in a conspiracy after the NFC title game. It seemed inconsistent in favor of the Bucs. Not all through the game but on the key plays, the big plays that shift momentum or that keep a team under wraps.

I won't be shocked if your prediction plays out.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    I'm cheering for the Chiefs. That's what its come down to for Super Bowl Sunday. It'll be interesting to see if the refs make multiple major screw up calls in favor of the Bucs again. Even with that, Mahommes might be too much.
    Prop bets.
    3. First TD ?

1. KC
    2. KC
    3. KC
    4. Tampa

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    I'm cheering for the Chiefs. That's what its come down to for Super Bowl Sunday. It'll be interesting to see if the refs make multiple major screw up calls in favor of the Bucs again. Even with that, Mahommes might be too much.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    For all die hard NFL fans...
    This Friday night on TSN 1,3,4 and 5 at 11:30 eastern is ESPNs 30 for 30 series latest documentary.

Al Davis vs The NFL.

Live or PVR.....it’s probably must watch.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X