Steve Kouleas Parts Ways With The Score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Kouleas Parts Ways With The Score

The evolution of The Score Network from a hard-core sports highlight provider to … well, something else, was confirmed this past week with the departure of Steve Kouleas, the network’s face of hockey the past 13 years. The 42-year-old and the network mutually agreed to see Kouleas and his high-energy style move on to new opportunities.

With him went the last vestiges of what was once a thriving hockey presence.

“I leave with no hard feelings,” Kouleas told Usual Suspects. “I feel blessed to have had 13 years doing what I most wanted to do in life. We went from supplementing the sports wheel to creating original programs. The network is heading in another direction, and it just feels right to pursue a different path myself. We shook hands and we’re still friends.”

Kouleas was the host on a number of Score hockey shows where he and panelists such as Al Strachan, Steve Ludzik and Mark Osborne chewed over the hockey issues of the day. Sometimes the results were inspired, other times it was a cringe worthy. But it was rarely boring under the effervescent Kouleas, who won a Gemini nomination in 2009.
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1681758/

ah man, i loved that guy. I hope he's still on T.V. used to watch HHT all the time.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

LBF wrote: View Post
    ah man, i loved that guy. I hope he's still on T.V. used to watch HHT all the time.
    I am the complete opposite, I couldn't stand that guy, all he seems to talk about was hockey hockey hockey. Anything basketball related was pushed aside so his freaking segment can talk about more hockey. I understand about hiring a hockey guy but there are just better talent on other sports shows (CBC, TSN, Rogers) that I would prefer tuning to if I wanted to hear anything about hockey.

From the score I respect the following guys: Sid Seixeiro, Tim Micallef and Cabbie. The rest are either ok or really bad (Greg Sonsone is another hockey guy with a terrible voice that's been there since the early days of TheScore when it was a really cheap ghetto looking show).

Comment

i respect kristian jack and james sharman,glenn schiller oh yeah and mauro ranallo that guys jokes. don't forget gerry dee either

sansone i have no respect for, and i hate those new guys brothers and urban.

koleaus originated all the hockey stuff you see now including hnic. he was a good dude the only hockey show i could stand was his, i hate all the tsn dudes there so irritating and that showdown joe and the coloured guy who does the highlight reels.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

The Score is pretty much slowly getting rid of all of their on-air personalities.

Comment

ya, they are replacing there backstage guys too.

Comment

Working...
          X