Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Apparently, Nippon-Ham saw the offer and were very pleased with it, so no doubt they'll be accepting. As for who the highest bidder is, not too many people know.

    Comment


    • This system the Japanese have set up is pretty impressive. haha

      Pay $50M just to talk our guy. Then pay another $50 for his contract.

      Comment


      • joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        This system the Japanese have set up is pretty impressive. haha

        Pay $50M just to talk our guy. Then pay another $50 for his contract.
        From the looks of it, it'll probably be a 5-year, 75 million contract. He gets paid 6 mil a season via his contract and another 6 million from endorsements, so chances are, the Jays are looking upwards of at least 70 mil a season. 75 sounds about right.

        Comment


        • actually it's rumoured he's seeking 5/75
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

          Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

          Comment


          • joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            This system the Japanese have set up is pretty impressive. haha

            Pay $50M just to talk our guy. Then pay another $50 for his contract.
            Yu Darvish: cheapest free agent ever?

            Comment


            • funny guy.

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tWO0...eature=related
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

              Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

              Comment


              • Prime wrote: View Post
                Yu Darvish: cheapest free agent ever?
                Haha, Indeed, 50 bucks would be quite the bargain!!


                Either way, when the bidding for Dice-K went down, the first reports about the high bid were saying Boston had posted the highest, and they turned out to be the true winner. Here's hoping history repeats itself with accurate reports. This could be huge for the Blue Jays.

                Comment


                • it's now reported that the bid was over the 51.1 bid for daisuke. which, makes you wonder just who had that bid and where these reports are coming from seeing as everyone thought they had the exact amount of money and now they apparently don't.

                  it went from 48 mill. and all of the sudden as we get closer it's rapidly changing. which means nobody has any idea who won and what the winning bid is until tuesday.so,any report that is not from the nippon ham fighters is bullocks.
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

                  Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

                  Comment


                  • LBF wrote: View Post
                    it's now reported that the bid was over the 51.1 bid for daisuke. which, makes you wonder just who had that bid and where these reports are coming from seeing as everyone thought they had the exact amount of money and now they apparently don't.

                    it went from 48 mill. and all of the sudden as we get closer it's rapidly changing. which means nobody has any idea who won and what the winning bid is until tuesday.so,any report that is not from the nippon ham fighters is bullocks.
                    Same thing happened with Dice-K actually and Bostons bid. It was initially reported to be around $40M, and though the number was off, the team reported was very much accurate.

                    Comment


                    • it's either the rangers or the jays. although, the darkhorse is the cubs.
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

                      Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

                      Comment


                      • http://blogs.thescore.com/mlb/2011/1...ected-tonight/
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

                        Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

                        Comment


                        • LBF wrote: View Post
                          it's either the rangers or the jays. although, the darkhorse is the cubs.
                          The Boston GLobe ruled out the Cubs who had posted a "modest bid". Nats didn't bid. Yankees have indicated they don't expect to win. Red Sox didn't bid. I believe the Angels also indicated they did not bid. Mets have no cash. Dodgers either. Phillies didn't bid. You can infer from that list that it's down to Texas and Toronto.

                          The reason for all the varying numbers is that no one knows what the bids are outside of a handful of people at MLB and the Fighters. So, people are just making up crap. I do suspect that the various affected GMs have likely been in touch and have some idea of what others bid.

                          Anyway, we'll know tonight....

                          Comment


                          • Hope Jays get him, hes a beast.
                            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

                            Comment


                            • slaw wrote: View Post
                              The Boston GLobe ruled out the Cubs who had posted a "modest bid". Nats didn't bid. Yankees have indicated they don't expect to win. Red Sox didn't bid. I believe the Angels also indicated they did not bid. Mets have no cash. Dodgers either. Phillies didn't bid. You can infer from that list that it's down to Texas and Toronto.

                              The reason for all the varying numbers is that no one knows what the bids are outside of a handful of people at MLB and the Fighters. So, people are just making up crap. I do suspect that the various affected GMs have likely been in touch and have some idea of what others bid.

                              Anyway, we'll know tonight....
                              you're kind of just relaying what I already kenw. but, no harm done.
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

                              Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

                              Comment


                              • seriously, Toronto supposedly made a monster bid that topped all other bids. Rogers says go hard after this guy and i'm beggining to think the bid was that 48 mill that was being thrown around. Seriously, that's week.

                                Fuckin' bullshit.

                                A multi-billion dollar corporation just got beat out by Nolan Ryan, for fuck sakes!!!!!!!!
                                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

                                Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X