No announcement yet.

The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, I think this means at least Sanchez shifts back to the rotation. We'll see what happens with Osuna, but I'd like to see him get a crack as a starter in '17 if it's not this year.

Comment

• Not a bad trade to get Storen for Revere. We're gonna bank on Saunders and Pompey to platoon in LF or CF. Pillar is a mainstay in our OF now. Just hope Saunders and Pompey can combine to a 0.280 hitter with above average on-base percentage, and play great defence

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
        Also, I think this means at least Sanchez shifts back to the rotation. We'll see what happens with Osuna, but I'd like to see him get a crack as a starter in '17 if it's not this year.
        Also Shapiro might gamble on how well Pompey might do as the 4th outfielder

Comment

• On the face of it ...not a bad move. The only thing jumpingout at me re Storen is that he failed a couple of times in really big spots during the playoffs. He also was deflated when demoted after Papelbon was acquired last yr. and did badly as the setup man. So, who knows...but he also has had premium seasons. Dont know how longbefore his f/a status. Yes, shall miss Revere but I was also looking forward to a entire season of Saunders .

Comment

• Storen is not a set-up guy.

He's a closer, through and through. This allows Osuna to be part of our relievers, Sanchez as a starter..... I'm loving this move.

Also, Dickey's on the block.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
              Storen is not a set-up guy.

He's a closer, through and through. This allows Osuna to be part of our relievers, Sanchez as a starter..... I'm loving this move.

Also, Dickey's on the block.
              Dealing Dickey and getting back some youth they lost getting him would be just as good as resigning Price from a good FO move imho. Storen seems a low risk move, especially with bullpen arms always a gamble year to year. Still want some lefty power at 1st and hopefully trading Colabello while he has value.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                Dealing Dickey and getting back some youth they lost getting him would be just as good as resigning Price from a good FO move imho. Storen seems a low risk move, especially with bullpen arms always a gamble year to year. Still want some lefty power at 1st and hopefully trading Colabello while he has value.
                I thinkwe get "some" lefty power with Saunders taking over from Revere in LF....I hope. ANother lefty bopper wouldnt hurt though but forget about Davis with how the f/o is behaving.

Comment

• tonious35 wrote: View Post
                  Also Shapiro might gamble on how well Pompey might do as the 4th outfielder
                  I would guess Saunders starts in LF with Carrera as the 4th outfielder and Pompey in AAA cause Carrera is out of options (I believe).

The Storen deal is terrific. Revere played well for Toronto but he's a below average hitter (even with the 300 average) who doesn't hit for power or walk enough and his speed is almost useless with Donaldson/Joey Bats/EE/Tulo/Cola/Martin/Saunders/Travis behind........ holy crap, that is still the batting order.

Yeah, they'll be fine without Revere....

Comment

• I fully expected Revere to be the first piece moved, and I'm happy with the return.

As others have mentioned, I'd like to see one of Sanchez or Osuna moved into the rotation now.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      I fully expected Revere to be the first piece moved, and I'm happy with the return.

As others have mentioned, I'd like to see one of Sanchez or Osuna moved into the rotation now.
                      Sanchez should get the nod..... I'm not sure why, but Osuna feels like a relief guy to me.

The only issues we have now are backup C and our 5th starter. Besides that, I think we can compete.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

I fully expected Revere to be the first piece moved, and I'm happy with the return.

Stroman/Dickey/Estrada/Happ are locks. Hutchison/Chavez is your fifth spot and Sanchez could certainly battle there. Personally, I'd love to see Hutch bounce back and win the job out of spring training. Having Chavez, Sanchez, Osuna, Cecil and Storen in the pen would be awesome.

Comment

• For those interested in what Mark Shapiro has to say...he is scheduled to appear on the Fan590 with McCown just after 5 pm today.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                            For those interested in what Mark Shapiro has to say...he is scheduled to appear on the Fan590 with McCown just after 5 pm today.
                            It was a good session from my perspective. He certainly has a knack for saying the right thing...fairly open...well organized in his thinking and positive.

I am sure there should be an archival of the interview in time. Worth seeing if you are a BJ fan and pissed at how the off season began.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                              It was a good session from my perspective. He certainly has a knack for saying the right thing...fairly open...well organized in his thinking and positive.

I am sure there should be an archival of the interview in time. Worth seeing if you are a BJ fan and pissed at how the off season began.
                              He could sell me Ice on a Cold Day ... the man can talk that's for sure. Lol Was a good listen!

Comment

He could sell me Ice on a Cold Day ... the man can talk that's for sure. Lol Was a good listen!
                                Glad you feel that way. Did you "see" it ....it gives a better perspective I feel....body language and the eyes do it for me...he doesnt come across shifty...lol. McCown tried to corner him and he performed a "Calderon". McCown thinks he is the cats whiskers in the interview trap game and has been blowing off this guy on his shows.

Comment

Working...
                                X