No announcement yet.

The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colabello was gone by the time media were allowed into the Blue Jays clubhouse, but released a statement through the MLB Players Association saying he’d been informed of the positive urine test on March 13 and that he didn’t know how the substance got into his test.

“The only thing I know is that I would never compromise the integrity of the game of baseball. I love this game too much,” Colabello said in the statement. “I hope that before anyone passes judgment on me they can take a look at the man that I am, and everything that I have done to get to where I am in my career.”
    Crazy.. I don't know if I ever believe that "I don't know how it gone in there" schtick, so this is pretty disappointing..

Ross Atkins doesn't even sound all that phased about it, Lol
    “This is obviously an unfortunate situation that we are in with Chris. We believe in him as a person and player. We also fully endorse the Major league Baseball drug testing policy,” Atkins said in the statement. “Chris has overcome a great deal in his career and has been a key contributor to this team. While we are certainly disappointed with today’s news, we’re confident he’ll return ready to compete and will have taken the steps needed to ensure that this does not happen again.”

Comment

• I thought the suspensions were on a graduated scale starting with 50 for the first timer and then 80 or am I mistaken?

Comment

• Watching a game tonight. I am disgusted, very disgusted, some on bad luck, but WTF!!!???

Comment

• Dickey needs to go away ... and we need a Bullpen ... Ugh.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            Dickey needs to go away ... and we need a Bullpen ... Ugh.
            He reminds me every time of what AA gave up to get him....a soon to be Cy Young winner...Noah Syndergaard.

So, Joey, please dont mention him again

Comment

• So how about Shapiro's claim that our bats will carry us?.. What happens when the bats go quiet?

Comment

So how about Shapiro's claim that our bats will carry us?.. What happens when the bats go quiet?
                As happened again tonight. As preposterous as KL & DD going cold together as often as they did in series #1.

Thats why we are hooked on this thing called "sports". It's so effing unpredictable and keeps roping us in.

Comment

• It seems that the Red Sox faithful are getting into panic mode with the David Price performances so far. At 31 mill. per for the next 7 yrs. I guess they should be. Price's velocity is down, his secondary pitches arent fooling anyone and his era is terrible. If I did not dislike the Yankees so much this couldn't happen to a nicer team ...sorry DP.

http://www.overthemonster.com/2016/5...or-david-price

Comment

So how about Shapiro's claim that our bats will carry us?.. What happens when the bats go quiet?
                    Only a 128 games to go! Let's circle back in July and see where things stand...

Comment

• Passed the halfway part of the sked, we've got 4 allstars and the Jays have won 7 straight and are 1 back in the AL East at 50-39. How's everyone liking this version of the Jays?

I'm diggin' it. If I remember correctly, they were something like 51-51 at the end of July last year when they grabbed Price. I don't think anything like that is in the works for this year, but the O has been clicking for weeks now and the starters have been unreal. Even with the different injuries this year, the guys just keep getting the job done.

JD, Edwin, Joey, Saunders and Tulo can wreak havok on this league. It'll be nice to have Joey back soon.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                        Only a 128 games to go! Let's circle back in July and see where things stand...
                        Y'know what ... why don't you take your logical, rational thinking and ... keep it up! Touche my man! Haha

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                          Passed the halfway part of the sked, we've got 4 allstars and the Jays have won 7 straight and are 1 back in the AL East at 50-39. How's everyone liking this version of the Jays?

I'm diggin' it. If I remember correctly, they were something like 51-51 at the end of July last year when they grabbed Price. I don't think anything like that is in the works for this year, but the O has been clicking for weeks now and the starters have been unreal. Even with the different injuries this year, the guys just keep getting the job done.

JD, Edwin, Joey, Saunders and Tulo can wreak havok on this league. It'll be nice to have Joey back soon.
                          I still say this can't be a completed team ... something needs to give, and Shapiro needs to make a move for that rotation .. but owning the Wildcard, and being 1 game out of the 1st in the American East, ain't too shabby!

Comment

I still say this can't be a completed team ... something needs to give, and Shapiro needs to make a move for that rotation .. but owning the Wildcard, and being 1 game out of the 1st in the American East, ain't too shabby!
                            Boston lost Kimbrel to the 15 day DL and they made a move right away to bring in a closer.

Russ Atkins is our GM btw!!!!! Lol i hate that clown Shapiro

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                              Boston lost Kimbrel to the 15 day DL and they made a move right away to bring in a closer.

Russ Atkins is our GM btw!!!!! Lol i hate that clown Shapiro
                              Shapiro did a great job building the Indians team and he did a great job in the off season plugging all the holes we had.
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                                Shapiro did a great job building the Indians team and he did a great job in the off season plugging all the holes we had.
                                So is Russ Atkins just a GM in name? Is it really all Shapiro?

The team is essentially the same as last year, but the offseason moves have proved to work out, thus far. I'm still very nervous about Joey and Edwin hitting the FA market. Boston is gonna throw the kitchen sink at Edwin to have him replace Papi. That's my worst nightmare come true. Personally, I would prefer we keep Edwin over JB.

Comment

Working...
                                X