This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    More clear than ever that Anthopolous and Beeston went rogue on their overlords, and paid the price for it. Cheap fucking organization content to be middling and have all the baby boomers still tune in to Rogers Sportsnet and watch them.
    Raptors fans are very, very lucky that Bell and Tanenbaum own the balance of MLSE.....

Comment

• Were Rogers always cheap? I mean I remember them spending a lot of money on guys like that Canadian catcher they had and that shortstop that was perennially injured. Or are they only cheap because of their dumb NHL package they bought? When does that expire by the way?

* Edit - expires in 2025-26.
      https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-rogers-...-deal/c-693152

So if your a Jays fan, I'd wait until at least 2026 before tuning in again.
      Last edited by planetmars; Wed Dec 18th, 2019, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• I don't disagree with the NHL point but then it's disingenuous for Shapiro to be out there saying the expenditures are tied to revenues, especially when Rogers itself has a big say in what is actually booked as revenue..... another reason why MLB doesn't want corporate owners anymore and I don't blame them.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          I don't disagree with the NHL point but then it's disingenuous for Shapiro to be out there saying the expenditures are tied to revenues, especially when Rogers itself has a big say in what is actually booked as revenue..... another reason why MLB doesn't want corporate owners anymore and I don't blame them.
          The walk up gate evaporated last year in August. You couldn't give tickets away. A few nights there were less than 10K actual bums in seats in September. No surprise that concessions and merchandising are way down. Harder and harder to sell advertising spots on a broadcast that is losing viewers as well. And .. they are getting poked with broomstick by MLB to get a new stadium.

Yes.. they have turned us into Cleveland. Its not rational to hate the Shatbot like the fan base hates them...but the celebration will be pagan when Rogers whacks these two guys and then sells the team in some convoluted fashion to MLSE of which they are already an owner. Only Rogers.

Comment

• Tanner Roark is ours.

No..I have no idea who he is either.

Such a Blue Jay story eh?

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
              Tanner Roark is ours.

No..I have no idea who he is either.

Such a Blue Jay story eh?
              And now we have another SP under contract.
              A pretty modest 80m$ over 4 years to Hyundai-Jin Ryu...a legit Lefty SP...
              This is how we shape up before the phenoms Pearson and Monoah are ready to be brought up post April..for the extra years of control

Hope springs eternal
              The guys in red were here last year.
              1. LHP Hyun-Jin Ryu
              2. RHP Tanner Roark
              3. RHP Chase Anderson
              4. RHP Matt Shoemaker
              5. RHP Shun Yamaguchi
              6. RHP Trent Thornton
              7. LHP Ryan Borucki
              8. LHP Anthony Kay
              9. RHP Jacob Waguespack
              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Dec 23rd, 2019, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

And now we have another SP under contract.
                A pretty modest 80m$ over 4 years to Hyundai-Jin Ryu...a legit Lefty SP...
                This is how we shape up before the phenoms Pearson and Monoah are ready to be brought up post April..for the extra years of control

Hope springs eternal
                The guys in red were here last year.
                1. LHP Hyun-Jin Ryu
                2. RHP Tanner Roark
                3. RHP Chase Anderson
                4. RHP Matt Shoemaker
                5. RHP Shun Yamaguchi
                6. RHP Trent Thornton
                7. LHP Ryan Borucki
                8. LHP Anthony Kay
                9. RHP Jacob Waguespack
                Heard a blurb about the possibility of David Price returning? A kind of salary dump by Boston. Not quite sure about Ryu's health bonafides but ...

Comment

Working...
                X