X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bendit
    replied
    For those interested in what Mark Shapiro has to say...he is scheduled to appear on the Fan590 with McCown just after 5 pm today.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post
    I fully expected Revere to be the first piece moved, and I'm happy with the return.

As others have mentioned, I'd like to see one of Sanchez or Osuna moved into the rotation now.
    Stroman/Dickey/Estrada/Happ are locks. Hutchison/Chavez is your fifth spot and Sanchez could certainly battle there. Personally, I'd love to see Hutch bounce back and win the job out of spring training. Having Chavez, Sanchez, Osuna, Cecil and Storen in the pen would be awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post
    I fully expected Revere to be the first piece moved, and I'm happy with the return.

As others have mentioned, I'd like to see one of Sanchez or Osuna moved into the rotation now.
    Sanchez should get the nod..... I'm not sure why, but Osuna feels like a relief guy to me.

The only issues we have now are backup C and our 5th starter. Besides that, I think we can compete.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    tonious35 wrote: View Post
    Also Shapiro might gamble on how well Pompey might do as the 4th outfielder
    I would guess Saunders starts in LF with Carrera as the 4th outfielder and Pompey in AAA cause Carrera is out of options (I believe).

The Storen deal is terrific. Revere played well for Toronto but he's a below average hitter (even with the 300 average) who doesn't hit for power or walk enough and his speed is almost useless with Donaldson/Joey Bats/EE/Tulo/Cola/Martin/Saunders/Travis behind........ holy crap, that is still the batting order.

Yeah, they'll be fine without Revere....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X