X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mack North
    replied
    Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    And we sign Wayne Semien...1 yr deal....
    He can play 2nd or 3rd ....
    So the Kris Bryant stuff probably ends....

Still need one more SP...

Us and the White Sox got a lot better in the AL.......not seeing who else did ?

We got a shot this year...
    Remember a couple seasons ago once you got past the 5th spot in the order there was nuthin.
    1. CF George Springer
    2. 2B Marcus Semien
    3. SS Bo Bichette
    4. 3B Vladimir Guerrero Jr./ Cavan Biggio
    5. DH Teoscar Hernandez
    6. 1B Rowdy Tellez/ Vladdy
    7. LF Lourdes Gurriel Jr.
    8. RF Randal Grichuk
    9. C Alejandro Kirk
    Looking forward to the season. Hope we get that SP and we'll be rollin'!

Only thing we need now is games in The Dome and fans in the stands! I haven't been to a game in a few years now... dying to get there again on a nice hot July day with the roof open.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    And we sign Wayne Semien...1 yr deal....
    He can play 2nd or 3rd ....
    So the Kris Bryant stuff probably ends....

Still need one more SP...

Us and the White Sox got a lot better in the AL.......not seeing who else did ?

We got a shot this year...
    Remember a couple seasons ago once you got past the 5th spot in the order there was nuthin.
    1. CF George Springer
    2. 2B Marcus Semien
    3. SS Bo Bichette
    4. 3B Vladimir Guerrero Jr./ Cavan Biggio
    5. DH Teoscar Hernandez
    6. 1B Rowdy Tellez/ Vladdy
    7. LF Lourdes Gurriel Jr.
    8. RF Randal Grichuk
    9. C Alejandro Kirk
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Jan 27, 2021, 01:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post

I'd be very surprised to see Shapiro make a move for both Bryant and Hendricks, knowing what the Cubs would want for that return. That more seems like an AA type move, y'know? Lol We shouldn't be making "win now" moves, in my opinion. We've got plenty of time with these youngsters, and those pitching prospects will be coming along at the exact right time to align with the majority of our young roster.

But if we do that, we are instantly in the Top-3 odds for WS.
    Precisely the reason to do it for me.
    Springer on the surface of it is a win now move. Getting Hendricks would give us pitching depth for three years. Bryant I think we could get out from nderneath of as his control period is ending in a year or two.
    Shatkins moves are glacial at best...it’s just smoke for now..but the Cubs are starting over and by the time they are ready both Bryant and Hendrickswill have moved on...

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

There is some smoke around the Jays and Cubs.
    Cubs have Kris Bryant at third they are looking to move and have Kyle Hendricks who could slot into the starting rotation at 2 or 3. He isn’t Bauer but he is a top end of the rotation SP and he has some time left on his contract.
    This wont come cheap. Cubs will want a few of our best pitching prospects and perhaps one of of Guriel or Teoscar.

Or maybe they just sign one of Odirizzi or Paxton and wait till the trade deadline to make another move.
    I'd be very surprised to see Shapiro make a move for both Bryant and Hendricks, knowing what the Cubs would want for that return. That more seems like an AA type move, y'know? Lol We shouldn't be making "win now" moves, in my opinion. We've got plenty of time with these youngsters, and those pitching prospects will be coming along at the exact right time to align with the majority of our young roster.

But if we do that, we are instantly in the Top-3 odds for WS.
    Last edited by Joey; Sun Jan 24, 2021, 09:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post
    I tell you what ... I was one of the biggest Shapiro/Atkins critics out there when they first came on board ... but I'll be damned if they haven't done something pretty special here. This is a team that can compete now, and for years to come .. they did exactly what they said they were going to do. If we can get one more Ace level arm, we're right there with the best of them.
    There is some smoke around the Jays and Cubs.
    Cubs have Kris Bryant at third they are looking to move and have Kyle Hendricks who could slot into the starting rotation at 2 or 3. He isn’t Bauer but he is a top end of the rotation SP and he has some time left on his contract.
    This wont come cheap. Cubs will want a few of our best pitching prospects and perhaps one of of Guriel or Teoscar.

Or maybe they just sign one of Odirizzi or Paxton and wait till the trade deadline to make another move.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Jan 24, 2021, 09:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Heard this Springer guy is pretty good. Big get for the Jays. Hope it works out for them.
    He was MVP level just a couple years back, and having a better season than Trout, but then went down with an injury.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    I tell you what ... I was one of the biggest Shapiro/Atkins critics out there when they first came on board ... but I'll be damned if they haven't done something pretty special here. This is a team that can compete now, and for years to come .. they did exactly what they said they were going to do. If we can get one more Ace level arm, we're right there with the best of them.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    Two seasons ago fly balls to the outfield were an adventure.
    With the signing of Springer that problem has been addressed.
    Springer will turn doubles into outs and shorten innings where we gave up crooked numbers.

We picked up a flyer in reliever Kirby Yates who was lights out a couple years back before surgery. If he is over that (last year he stunk) then our bullpen is gets deeper and we will need that if we don't get another SP.

Just like you can't be rich enough or thin enough or have enough beer for the boys weekend at the lake you can not have enough pitching.
    Right now we have Ryu , Robbie Ray, The Phenom Nate Pearson, Tanner Rourke and Ross Stripling.
    We signed Tyler Chatwood who is the 6th starter. Next up might be ALex Manoah who we drafted two years ago and has had success in the minors.
    Unfortunately its not enough.
    Trevor Bauer is likely out of our snack bracket but there are a few other mid rotation players still out there like Jake Oddirizi and the Canadian James Paxson who can add depth ... if we miss out.... then our bullpen is going to get a workout and a half.

Still excited to see these guys in April. They are going to be good.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    Heard this Springer guy is pretty good. Big get for the Jays. Hope it works out for them.
    He is really good.
    He can go get it in CF and he can hit for average and power.
    We have 4 OF now and that’s great cuz someone is going to get hurt during the year.

I wonder if they are even going to give Vladdy a chance at 3rd or just move him to first with Telez and play them as interchangeable DH and 1st. Vladdy is manos de piedra in the field.

If that’s the case then maybe they try to get Kris Bryant via trade from the Cubs to play third.
    He is coming off a mixed year.

Pitching is the question mark.
    All the mid rotation guys are gone and it sounds like the price tag on Bauer is 35M$ and probably 5 years minimum.
    Pretty steep. These deals rarely work well for the signing teams.

Lots of good players to fit into the roster. We haven’t seen that since the days of the bat flip.
    Excited to see the final product In spring training in about a month give or take.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Jan 20, 2021, 11:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    So Brantley’s agent, bless his heart , shopped the Jays deal back to Houston who either matched or raised their offer. He’s proud to be an Astro.
    2yrs / 32m$.
    the Deandre Jordan shuffle.

still apparently in the hunt for Trevor Bauer and the catcher Realmutto.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Jan 20, 2021, 10:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    And now Michael Brantley... just need 1 more SP and we're on our way!

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    Jays seem to be looking to add to the team.

They made a run at Kevin Gausman and he signed the QO ... personally I am glad they lost out on Gausman who was horrible for the Orioles in his time there and he would be horrible here given his innate ability to give up the long ball . Nothing but small parks in the AL East.

They seem determined to add an OF with a bat.
    Rumours on Micheal Brantley. George Springer.
    Good gets.
    Four real outfielders in there and you can hedge against an injury.

The big jewel is Francisco Lindor.
    This is Robbie Alomar.
    I know both he and Bichette play SS.. but damn we can find a place for BIchette to play if they can swing Lindor.

They need more pitching. Everybody needs more pitching. Just like you can never be too thin... have too much money.. or have too much beer ... you can never have too much pitching in MLB and the AL East.

They could use a catcher. Danny Jansen isn't the answer so far. The other idiot was caught spanking it in a parking lot. Kirk is a rookie but has promise.
    If they can upgrade on Jansen then I am all for it. Alejandro Kirk remains the backup. He can hit which makes up for his handling of pitchers.

So....

SP we have Ryu, Ray, Pearson, and three spots to fill. Maybe Manoah gets the call this year from Double AA.
    BP is solid... Romano, Dolis, Kay, Cole , Boruki (who can start and is a lefty)
    C is Jansen/Upgrade and Kirk
    1B is Rowdy/Vladdy.
    2B is Bichette/Biggio
    SS is Lindor(my dream) / Bichette
    3B is Vladdy / Travis Shaw / Biggio.....Could use a bat here if its better than Shaws or just play Biggio at the hot corner to improve infield defense. We sucked last year at this team stat.
    Corner OF - Teoscar and Guriel
    CF - Grichuk / Springer or Brantley or ?

Utility INF Espinal

Its getting there... Excited for Spring Training.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Nov 25, 2020, 12:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    So huge for these young guys. Love this new playoff format .. would love to see MLB keep it.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    Well done Jays!

[HTML<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/8wfWgYTf36">pic.twitter.com/8wfWgYTf36</a></p>&mdash; awful athlete (@awfulathlete) <a href="https://twitter.com/awfulathlete/status/1309311998447022080?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 25, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>][/HTML]
    Last edited by Bendit; Fri Sep 25, 2020, 12:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X