Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gibbons needs to be fired. At the very least that was a dick move towards Dickey. He probably could've done 7-8 innings, saving Price for game 5, at least in bullpen form.

    Whatever though, Stroman's in for game 5, and only Osuna and Sanchez (1 out) pitched in game 4. Full bullpen behind him.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

    Comment


    • It was a dick move but would you rather make Dickey happy or make history with price and make him happy enough to come back next year
      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

      Comment


      • e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
        It was a dick move but would you rather make Dickey happy or make history with price and make him happy enough to come back next year
        Dick move or not, they burn the staff ace to pitch middle relief with a 6 run lead. Texas is a bad matchup for Price though, who is tougher on righties

        Comment


        • 007 wrote: View Post
          Gibbons needs to be fired. At the very least that was a dick move towards Dickey. He probably could've done 7-8 innings, saving Price for game 5, at least in bullpen form.
          Really man?

          Last i checked the Blue Jays won the game.
          Mamba Mentality

          Comment


          • Joey wrote: View Post
            I don't think Gibbons should have pulled Dickey when he did. I think he earned the right to get the win tonight.
            Who cares who gets the win?

            The only W that matters is for the Blue Jays.
            Mamba Mentality

            Comment


            • Issue is Gibbons didn't trust Dickey with a 6 run lead. Whether that's true or not, it doesn't inspire confidence. Also with Cecil out for the post season and Loup unavailable Price was the only lefty available. Complete misuse in the 5th but can't argue with a win

              Comment


              • e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                It was a dick move but would you rather make Dickey happy or make history with price and make him happy enough to come back next year
                Not a dick move. He was trying to win the game.

                Choo and Beltre were a combined 4-4 vs Dickey today.
                Mamba Mentality

                Comment


                • 007 wrote: View Post
                  Gibbons needs to be fired. At the very least that was a dick move towards Dickey. He probably could've done 7-8 innings, saving Price for game 5, at least in bullpen form.

                  Whatever though, Stroman's in for game 5, and only Osuna and Sanchez (1 out) pitched in game 4. Full bullpen behind him.
                  Uh, so, the team gets the exact set-up it wants for Game 5 and the manager needs to be fired..... okay, then.

                  Comment


                  • Imagine the reaction if the Jays had lost!!!

                    This of course is Tues. morning managing!: I would have given Dickey (with such a lead) one more batter to close out the inning.

                    Price pitched too long further negating his availability in game 5.

                    The best I can say for Gibbons is he has stones for making the moves.

                    Comment


                    • Bendit wrote: View Post
                      Imagine the reaction if the Jays had lost!!!

                      This of course is Tues. morning managing!: I would have given Dickey (with such a lead) one more batter to close out the inning.

                      Price pitched too long further negating his availability in game 5.

                      The best I can say for Gibbons is he has stones for making the moves.
                      In a way it gives the Jays an excuse not to use Price game 5. The lefty bats really bother Price since they neutralize both cutter and changeup and his curve hasn't been his best pitch. Still worried about throwing out Stroman, young guys have a higher chance of terrible games, but he has a fresh arm. Would have given Dickey a chance at a win out of respect and dropping Buerhle hurts since Loup is the only lefty left.

                      Comment


                      • It was an inning too early.... no biggie.

                        They won.

                        Stroman is the real thing boys, he tossed a gem last time out, this pressure means little to him. Had Bautista caught that ball, that he caught...then dropped, and had Goins and Martin not effed up the kid would have had a shut out.

                        Only thing to worry about in game five are the bats....get them going and its lights out for the Rangers.

                        Comment


                        • I have no issues with this once I found this GEM out.


                          If we win game 5 with Stro on the mound, we'd have Estrada, Price and then Stro again Games 1, 2 and 3 for the ALCS. Plus.... they'd all be pitching on regular rest.
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

                          Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

                          Comment


                          • Superjudge wrote: View Post
                            It was an inning too early.... no biggie.

                            They won.

                            Stroman is the real thing boys, he tossed a gem last time out, this pressure means little to him. Had Bautista caught that ball, that he caught...then dropped, and had Goins and Martin not effed up the kid would have had a shut out.

                            Only thing to worry about in game five are the bats....get them going and its lights out for the Rangers.
                            Firstly: Stroman has inched his way into becoming my favourite Blue Jay.

                            That said, and while I do agree that Stroman is the real deal, and I love his moxie out there, it should be noted that he gave up 3 runs in the first 2 innings for Game 2.

                            Can't have that tomorrow. Those early leads are the Jays bread and butter.

                            Comment


                            • Superjudge wrote: View Post
                              It was an inning too early.... no biggie.

                              They won.

                              Stroman is the real thing boys, he tossed a gem last time out, this pressure means little to him. Had Bautista caught that ball, that he caught...then dropped, and had Goins and Martin not effed up the kid would have had a shut out.

                              Only thing to worry about in game five are the bats....get them going and its lights out for the Rangers.
                              Cole Hamels
                              Mamba Mentality

                              Comment


                              • Check this trivia:
                                Stroman 5' 8" tall, making him one of only 6 pitchers shorter than 5' 10" to make a start at the MLB level in the 21st century.
                                Crazy. I had no idea.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X