Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    https://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...click=sf_globe

A fairly negative view from Cathal Kelly on the Blue Jays pending ride to obscurity in the AL and the AL East....but it has its merits... He pretty much doesn't talk about the strength of this years team .. its starting pitching ... in that he doesn't mention Sanchez and Strohman or Estrada to make his argument... but make it he does ...

I agree with him on the summary though... that if this team has its usual April slow start and are sub 500 by Victoria Day....that the spectre of 15 thousand people in the stands is very very real... and the ire of the fans which has been welling up for a while... for logical reasons or not... will be taken out on Mark Shapiro....

Opening Day this coming Thursday.. the 29th...... Buckle up....
    I don't get how you can't mention Sanchez here. Easily the biggest wild card of the upcoming season.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      Cathal Kelly exemplifies the worst of Toronto. An aura of preening arrogance shrouding a crippling insecurity delivered with exceeding cynicism posing as worldly sophistication.

Hey asshole, you don't live in London, Moscow, Paris or Singapore and you aren't from Manhattan. Get over yourself.
      I take it your neutral on Kelly...
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
        I don't get how you can't mention Sanchez here. Easily the biggest wild card of the upcoming season.
        Cathal Kelly rarely lets facts or other salient points get in the way of or have influence on his version of the truth.

The Jays don't have the players the Yanks or the RedSox do... but they do have enough to get to the wild card if the starting pitching holds up and they get some more offence than last year.... In a one game playoff.. the best team doesn't always win so playoff ball is a possibility.

I am a fan. I will stroll over to the SkyDome to take in a few games after opening day which has turned into a frat party. It will be easy to pick up a pair at face value or less as the Raps and Leafs will be front and centre in April and May. If the Jays are over 500 and the starters are still intact by Victoria Day then I have hopes they will be in it in September... If they are 6 or 7 below 500 and the 15 day DL is standing room only..... then the smug prick from Cleveland will have to figure out how to deal with an announced crowed of 12 to 15000 for midweek games.

Its been 3 years... and the hate for this guys is still palpable....logical or not.
        - TGO

Comment

I take it your neutral on Kelly...
          Hack.

It's no better out here in Calgary. Eric Francis is the Flames beat guy/columnist in the Herald and he is basically a corporate shill for the Flames. His stuff on the new arena is embarrassing. The fact it gets published says a lot about the state of Canadian media generally, which is worse than ever. Fucking boring, predictable hacks everywhere.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
            Hack.

It's no better out here in Calgary. Eric Francis is the Flames beat guy/columnist in the Herald and he is basically a corporate shill for the Flames. His stuff on the new arena is embarrassing. The fact it gets published says a lot about the state of Canadian media generally, which is worse than ever. Fucking boring, predictable hacks everywhere.
            Kellys been around for a while... He wrote for Pravda for a while then left to take on the lead sports guy role at the globe. He has a decidedly negative slant/style and generally is on the wrong the side of an outcome when he actually takes a position rather than just whine about it.

Most everyone still employed in one of the remaining 4 daily papers in the sports department gets air time on one of the two local all sports radio outlets. Kelly does not. Telling.

I have no real way or stats to substantiate it but I believe by nature most sports fans are optimists.
            I still cheer for the Leafs..Raps..Bills and Jays ..which makes me insane, optimistic or a combination of both.

Kelly's articles by and large take an negative slant.. the backhanded compliment..a passive aggressive tone to them. He may write sports.. but he is better suited to cover the social arts whose followers are largely bitter women and angry post modernists.
            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Mar 27, 2018, 04:44 PM.
            - TGO

Comment

• Click the link to watch Vlad Jr's homerun from last night in French. I have almost no clue what he's saying, but at the same time I know exactly what he's saying. What a thing of beauty... can't wait to see him in the Big Leagues.

http://www.tvasports.ca/2018/03/27/f...ienne-au-stade

And here is Buck's call.

Comment

• Here we are..eve of the home opener...hope springs eternal.....

May our starting pitching hold up...we get more offence than last year...and our outfield defence not let us down ...

Let’s go Blue Jays...
                - TGO

Comment

Here we are..eve of the home opener...hope springs eternal.....

May our starting pitching hold up...we get more offence than last year...and our outfield defence not let us down ...

Let’s go Blue Jays...
                  That's a lot to ask... I'll take 2 outta 3, preferably the first 2.

Go Jays Go!!!

Comment

• Looks like its gonna be a long season boys
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Here we are..eve of the home opener...hope springs eternal.....

Let’s go Blue Jays...
                      Mack North wrote: View Post
                      That's a lot to ask... I'll take 2 outta 3, preferably the first 2.

Go Jays Go!!!
                      Well... at least the SP looks decent....

As for the offence.... well 7 hits in two games isn't making anyone feel good and that E7 on the first AB of the season says maybe the OF defence still needs some help...

At least they're not carrying the pressure of an undefeated season.....
                      - TGO

Comment

As for the offence.... well 7 hits in two games isn't making anyone feel good and that E7 on the first AB of the season says maybe the OF defence still needs some help...

Should've kept Goins for D. This O is going nowhere and the middle infielders are straight garbage. For a team that has 3/5 starters as ground ball pitchers, these new dudes wont cut it. Very depressing so far.

Comment

• Yaay, first win. Hope. Pitching holding the team in but some hustle and hitting today. All I can say is the Yanks look murderous. So, wild card or bust I am afraid.

Comment

Post the grand salami from Smoakie...never mind.
                            - TGO

Comment

• Cannot post that beauty...MLB blocking it...scum!

Comment

• So off the homestand the Jays hit the road with a 4 and 3 record.... Not bad at all.. A split with the Yankees which you take and they won the series from the ChiSox.... Solid baseball.

Starting Pitching looks good and the bullpen has some more arms in it than last years. They can still hit the longball and have more depth than last year,.

Alrighty then.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X