The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    You know what ... I'll admit it ... this new team is something to be excited about ... I was so bitter about them tearing down the best team we've had in a very long time, that I took for granted just how talented our youth actually were ... Bichette is something else ... future MVP if you ask me ... honestly, I'm more excited about him than I am Vladdy, and that's a good debate to be able to have. Still don't like ShapIro or Atkins, but ya, this is a club I can get behind still - just imagine if we actually got actual pieces back on our trades now .. Lol
    Ditto, ditto. Time to get the old glove out and toss the ball around Wait... summer is nearly over! Bichette is really an exciting player and I like Biggio as well... his stance at the plate is "to die for" ... am surprised he does not have a higher BA.

One more thought... I think Shatkins did a reverse deal with the Mets with the 2 pitchers they got for Stroman .... to makeup for the Dickey-Syndergaard deal. Kay started out well last night but suffered in the 5th and the 18 yr. old is projected to be better than him. Outfield needs help too. But time to jump on I agree.

Comment

• Man, add Bigio and Lourdes Gurriel Jr. to my list of "Oh shit, maybe it was worth it after all" reasons ... anyone got some salt and pepper for this crow? Lol

I honestly have no idea which of Bichette, Vladdy, or Gurriel Jr. will end up being the best player of the bunch ... and that excites me. Even Bigio going for the cycle proves he can be a multi-tool stud for us.
      Last edited by Joey; Wed Sep 18, 2019, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Man, add Bigio and Lourdes Gurriel Jr. to my list of "Oh shit, maybe it was worth it after all" reasons ... anyone got some salt and pepper for this crow? Lol

I honestly have no idea which of Bichette, Vladdy, or Gurriel Jr. will end up being the best player of the bunch ... and that excites me. Even Bigio going for the cycle proves he can be a multi-tool stud for us.
        Isn't it wild that his dad had a cycle himself? There maybe something to that gene pool theory after all ... all 4 you mention had dads in the game.

Comment

• Too bad we haven't been as lucky with pitching ... do we have any blue chip pitching prospects even?

Comment

Too bad we haven't been as lucky with pitching ... do we have any blue chip pitching prospects even?
            Part of it I believe is because the cupboard was bare and the guys running the show went mostly with position players in their drafts. So, we have a pretty mediocre young pitching cadre right now but it seems from the attached link there is a sense of optimism re the arms coming in the next 2-3 years. The big boy (literally) is Nate Pearson who will probably break camp with the BJs next year. If the team can trade for or acquire someone decent in f/a this should be good for the club ...and improve the bullpen. Here's hoping!

https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/ml...ing-prospects/

Comment

Too bad we haven't been as lucky with pitching ... do we have any blue chip pitching prospects even?
              Two guys I think...
              Nate Pearson is the "guy" .. He is likely to be with the team when they leave camp next year.
              The other guy in the system is Alek Manoah .. or something like that spelling.... He is a clone of Pearson but without the 97 plus mph fast ball.
              Both guys are under 22 and they are both gorilla big.
              They have an 19 year old in low A ball they got from the Mets in the Stroman trade. Simeon Woods Richardson ...no idea on this kid.
              Shatkins likes him. But he is 19.
              Other than that... anyone with a snowballs chance is already in the lineup with the sept call ups...

Don't think we are pushng for the post season for a couple more years

Edited to get the pitchers name correct Alek Manoah
              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Sep 19, 2019, 09:55 PM.
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

• This is hilarious:

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Two guys I think...
                  Nate Pearson is the "guy" .. He is likely to be with the team when they leave camp next year.
                  The other guy in the system is Alek Manoah .. or something like that spelling.... He is a clone of Pearson but without the 97 plus mph fast ball.
                  Both guys are under 22 and they are both gorilla big.
                  They have an 19 year old in low A ball they got from the Mets in the Stroman trade. Simeon Woods Richardson ...no idea on this kid.
                  Shatkins likes him. But he is 19.
                  Other than that... anyone with a snowballs chance is already in the lineup with the sept call ups...

Don't think we are pushng for the post season for a couple more years

Edited to get the pitchers name correct Alek Manoah
                  Hmmm .. alright, not as bad as I thought I guess ... looked them up, and they've got some potential. Thanks for sharing! Not quite there with Bichette or Vladdy though.

Comment

Hmmm .. alright, not as bad as I thought I guess ... looked them up, and they've got some potential. Thanks for sharing! Not quite there with Bichette or Vladdy though.
                    Its bad.. they are both Liberals.
                    - TGO

Comment

• Those Suckers in Atlanta... Little do they know that the Shatbot got 42 more years of contact control across the lineup.
                      Those rubes in Atlanta.... All they got was an MVP type year out of JD and the MLB playoffs.

Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Dec 4, 2019, 08:04 PM.
                      - TGO

Comment

• It's been a great offseason so far for the Jays, though! They've "checked in" on a lot of guys and are "aggressively working to understand the market". Looks like everything is well in hand.

As if watching the combination of management consultants and "championship or bust" mentality ruin MLB wasn't bad enough....

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                          It's been a great offseason so far for the Jays, though! They've "checked in" on a lot of guys and are "aggressively working to understand the market". Looks like everything is well in hand.

As if watching the combination of management consultants and "championship or bust" mentality ruin MLB wasn't bad enough....
                          Rogers media handling of the Jays is Knicks-Dolan like.

- TGO

Comment

• You know it's bad when even Rogers employees aren't buying the bullshit anymore.

I am so glad the Raptors aren't run by a bunch of management consultants....
                            There’s merit in being careful, there’s merit in being judicious and there’s merit in being smart about the long-term. But there’s merit in being better as soon as possible, too, even if it costs more than you think it should.

Comment

• And with pitching prices soaring (come on down Scott Boras!), the Jays are going to be staring at Ryu and Keuchel wanting big bucks with the White Sox, Twins, Cubs, Cardinals, Mets, Astros, etc., plus, 2 of the Dodgers, Yankees and Angels (whichever miss out on Cole) looking for SP. Who believes this team is going to spend what it will take to beat out all those other teams? LOL. Come on. Once they are off the board, you are going to have approximately 25 other teams vying for those tier 3 and 4 pitchers.

It's not over yet but it feels inevitable that this is going to be a disappointing offseason in Blue Jay Land.

Comment

• More clear than ever that Anthopolous and Beeston went rogue on their overlords, and paid the price for it. Cheap fucking organization content to be middling and have all the baby boomers still tune in to Rogers Sportsnet and watch them.
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X