The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    More clear than ever that Anthopolous and Beeston went rogue on their overlords, and paid the price for it. Cheap fucking organization content to be middling and have all the baby boomers still tune in to Rogers Sportsnet and watch them.
    Raptors fans are very, very lucky that Bell and Tanenbaum own the balance of MLSE.....

Comment

• Were Rogers always cheap? I mean I remember them spending a lot of money on guys like that Canadian catcher they had and that shortstop that was perennially injured. Or are they only cheap because of their dumb NHL package they bought? When does that expire by the way?

* Edit - expires in 2025-26.
      https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-rogers-...-deal/c-693152

So if your a Jays fan, I'd wait until at least 2026 before tuning in again.
      Last edited by planetmars; Wed Dec 18, 2019, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• I don't disagree with the NHL point but then it's disingenuous for Shapiro to be out there saying the expenditures are tied to revenues, especially when Rogers itself has a big say in what is actually booked as revenue..... another reason why MLB doesn't want corporate owners anymore and I don't blame them.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          I don't disagree with the NHL point but then it's disingenuous for Shapiro to be out there saying the expenditures are tied to revenues, especially when Rogers itself has a big say in what is actually booked as revenue..... another reason why MLB doesn't want corporate owners anymore and I don't blame them.
          The walk up gate evaporated last year in August. You couldn't give tickets away. A few nights there were less than 10K actual bums in seats in September. No surprise that concessions and merchandising are way down. Harder and harder to sell advertising spots on a broadcast that is losing viewers as well. And .. they are getting poked with broomstick by MLB to get a new stadium.

Yes.. they have turned us into Cleveland. Its not rational to hate the Shatbot like the fan base hates them...but the celebration will be pagan when Rogers whacks these two guys and then sells the team in some convoluted fashion to MLSE of which they are already an owner. Only Rogers.

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• Tanner Roark is ours.

No..I have no idea who he is either.

Such a Blue Jay story eh?
            - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
              Tanner Roark is ours.

No..I have no idea who he is either.

Such a Blue Jay story eh?
              And now we have another SP under contract.
              A pretty modest 80m$ over 4 years to Hyundai-Jin Ryu...a legit Lefty SP...
              This is how we shape up before the phenoms Pearson and Monoah are ready to be brought up post April..for the extra years of control

Hope springs eternal
              The guys in red were here last year.
              1. LHP Hyun-Jin Ryu
              2. RHP Tanner Roark
              3. RHP Chase Anderson
              4. RHP Matt Shoemaker
              5. RHP Shun Yamaguchi
              6. RHP Trent Thornton
              7. LHP Ryan Borucki
              8. LHP Anthony Kay
              9. RHP Jacob Waguespack
              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Dec 23, 2019, 01:46 PM.
              - TGO

Comment

And now we have another SP under contract.
                A pretty modest 80m$ over 4 years to Hyundai-Jin Ryu...a legit Lefty SP...
                This is how we shape up before the phenoms Pearson and Monoah are ready to be brought up post April..for the extra years of control

Hope springs eternal
                The guys in red were here last year.
                1. LHP Hyun-Jin Ryu
                2. RHP Tanner Roark
                3. RHP Chase Anderson
                4. RHP Matt Shoemaker
                5. RHP Shun Yamaguchi
                6. RHP Trent Thornton
                7. LHP Ryan Borucki
                8. LHP Anthony Kay
                9. RHP Jacob Waguespack
                Heard a blurb about the possibility of David Price returning? A kind of salary dump by Boston. Not quite sure about Ryu's health bonafides but ...

Comment

• MLB seems to be struggling to get their season going.
                  Of all the times to get into a labour dispute.

When hey get this thing settled and get their season going....

Any over /under bets on the Jays playing 500 ball this year?
                  I will take the over......but barely.

- TGO

Comment

MLB seems to be struggling to get their season going.
                    Of all the times to get into a labour dispute.

When hey get this thing settled and get their season going....

Any over /under bets on the Jays playing 500 ball this year?
                    I will take the over......but barely.
                    MLB has made three offers that are all basically the same just worded differently. Spinning wheels.

Comment

• The Jays drafted arguably the best or second best player in the draft in Austin Martin.
                      He fits the Vlad, Cavan, Bo , Nate Pearson timeline.

Sometimes it just pays to be lucky.

- TGO

Comment

The Jays drafted arguably the best or second best player in the draft in Austin Martin.
                        He fits the Vlad, Cavan, Bo , Nate Pearson timeline.

Sometimes it just pays to be lucky.
                        Presumably, Jays will have to pay above slot to get him signed (Boras client). Moreso Jays were the beneficiaries of the Orioles' GM playing silly games with their signing numbers.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Presumably, Jays will have to pay above slot to get him signed (Boras client). Moreso Jays were the beneficiaries of the Orioles' GM playing silly games with their signing numbers.
                          Money well spent if they pay more ... after all.. it will be the last money they have to spend on him till he hits free agency in 7 or 8 years. .

As for the O's... their GM sounds like he is trying to stretch his pool money to get another player or two.
                          The O's are shit. Not much else can go wrong. Might as well try whatever you can to add talent.
                          - TGO

Comment

• So the Jays draft 3 Pitchers and 2 position players to add to the mix.
                            No high school picks this year....

Martin could be here in a couple years ...

- TGO

Comment

• I think the casual fan base is slowly getting back on board with these Shapiro-Jays. I know I was a huge skeptic initially, but hot damn ... we've got ourselves a core.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                I think the casual fan base is slowly getting back on board with these Shapiro-Jays. I know I was a huge skeptic initially, but hot damn ... we've got ourselves a core.
                                Winning or a young team thats close to winning fixes a lot PR problems for Shatkins eh?
                                Not since the bat flip days have I felt as good about a team thats starting to move up the competition ladder.

Need another bona fide real time OF to go along with Gouriel who looks to be the real thing. I like Grichuk but am not invested in him. I think thats where that kid Austin Martin will be in line for a job in Grichuks spot. He can do it all and he can hit and get on base. Randals deal is over in a couple more years when this guy is ready.

I think they have 4 guys who are exactly the same in Teoscar Hernandez, Billy McKinney, Anthony Davis and Derek Fisher. So we can use one bona fide corner OF for sure.

Pitching .. you can never have enough. They drafted 3 more of them and we will also get to see Pearson this year. He throws hard ... close to a 100 and he has control. Big kid at 230/40 pounds at 22 or so.

EDIT... THE KID IS A MONSTER 6'6" .. 250LBs... Could be the next coming of CC Sabathia. When Charles Claude first came up in Cleveland he could really bring the gas ....Hope Pearson can be in that comparison ...

So yeah... Lets Go Blue Jays..
                                And no matter what.. I hate Shatkins as much as I hate the Chowders.
                                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Jun 13, 2020, 05:32 PM.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X