No announcement yet.

The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone catch the HOF ceremony yesterday afternoon? That was something special. As a Jays fan that has gotta be one of the best moments...at least in the last several years. He showed lots of love to the Jays fans and Canadians during his speech. He was def one of my favs growing up, right behind my main man Carter.

The Jays are gonna retire his #12 this Sunday-first time this has ever been done! First 20,000 fans get a dope bobble head.

Comment

• Rasmus to the Jays

http://blogs.thescore.com/mlb/2011/0...lly-happening/

It appears as though the Toronto Blue Jays have set up a three team deal also involving the Chicago White Sox and the St. Louis Cardinals. According to Ken Rosenthal, money appears to be the only hold up in announcing the trade, as any deal involving more than $1 million exchanging hands has to be approved by the commissioner’s office.

Here’s how things look to have shaken out, with more players and dollar figures to be added:

To Toronto:
      •Colby Rasmus (From St. Louis)
      •Brian Tallet (From St. Louis)
      •P.J. Walters (From St. Louis)
      •Mark Teahen (From Chicago)

To St. Louis:
      •Edwin Jackson (From Chicago)
      •Marc Rzepczynski (From Toronto)
      •Octavio Dotel (From Toronto)
      •Corey Patterson (From Toronto)

To Chicago:
      •Jason Frasor (From Toronto)
      •Zach Stewart (From Toronto)
      •Trever Miller (From St. Louis)

As I mentioned above, the deal will almost certainly include money going to the St. Louis Cardinals. But let’s go over the terms that we know about for sure...
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• suddenly the giants just majorly increased their chances of repeating...

http://blogs.thescore.com/mlb/2011/0...iants-is-a-go/
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• Well apparently the trade AA pulled off for Colby Rasmus the other day is quite a bit of a steal. TBH I don't know much about Rasmus other than he had a falling out w/ LaRussa. Somthing to be concerned about? But the consensus seems to be it was a great trade as the Jays got a potential future boderline all star, without giving up too much.

Comment

• From what I've read, skirmishing with LaRussa is nothing rare.
            Apparently Rasmus' dad was a bit of a "Pageant Mom" when he was with the Cards, but he has already come and said that won't be the case with Toronto.

I really like this trade. The first couple of games haven't really shown what he can do with his bat, but he has certainly shown what kind of skill he brings to the outfield. Very excited to see this kid blossom in Toronto.

Comment

• i gotta be honest a few years down the road, i think i'm trading snider. lawrie has more potential, thames has already blossomed more than snider has and rasmus is a better player now than snider will prolly be and with bautista returning to right field and sticking around for at least four more years.

i'm not sure you can have one of snider or thames at dh for four more years and with gose waiting in the wings, lind isn't going anywhere so lawrie is going to have to play 3rd unless he can play second and we can get rid of hill while he still ahs some potential.

unless bautista's fielding skills decline that much in 2 or 3 years which is highly unlikely. i must admit though if we can get a legit 3 or 4 starters and not a gum on the bottom of my shoe 5th it'll be fun to watch in 2013 and 2012 will be cool too.

Comment

• I think what they're doing with snider is kinda ridiculous tbh.. I like him as a player, I'm not as high up on him as a lot of people, but honestly, he works hard, and he deserves an actual chance.. They give Rasmus every game til end of the season even when he's struggling, when they haven't gave snider that chance and they drafted him.. It's shitty.

When he first went down at start of the season he was leading the team in rbi's, yeah, his average was low.. but whose wasn't? we started off horribly. They've fucked up snider by killing his confidence, and when we let him go now that he's becoming worthless in any trade position (like with rios, but worse) he's just going to find his potential on another team, book it.

Gl on the callup lawrie

Comment

• Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
                  I think what they're doing with snider is kinda ridiculous tbh.. I like him as a player, I'm not as high up on him as a lot of people, but honestly, he works hard, and he deserves an actual chance.. They give Rasmus every game til end of the season even when he's struggling, when they haven't gave snider that chance and they drafted him.. It's shitty.

When he first went down at start of the season he was leading the team in rbi's, yeah, his average was low.. but whose wasn't? we started off horribly. They've fucked up snider by killing his confidence, and when we let him go now that he's becoming worthless in any trade position (like with rios, but worse) he's just going to find his potential on another team, book it.

Gl on the callup lawrie
                  honestly, he's still gotta have enough to package with hill somewhere for a second base prospect or infielder in the offseason.

plus, thames is already better than him and rasmus as well as ofcourse bautista , there's no where for him to play.

Comment

• So Lawrie hit his first big league grand salami last night!!!!

...well ya know he got the signals from the outfield!

Comment

• .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post

...well ya know he got the signals from the outfield!
                      http://www.drunkjaysfans.com/

Comment

• Hahah, Loved this:
                        "In other words, the [ESPN] article is a turd sandwich of a hackneyed piece of shit snowjob"

I've never been to that Blog before, but I could see myself going back on the regular. Good read!

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                          honestly, he's still gotta have enough to package with hill somewhere for a second base prospect or infielder in the offseason.

plus, thames is already better than him and rasmus as well as ofcourse bautista , there's no where for him to play.
                          I don't think anyone's going to take on hill at this point.. not til he shows consistency and turns it around a fair amount. I don't see Thames as being as good as snider, he's really not doing so well now.. I'm pretty sure snider did as well or better in his first time up in the big leagues too, he's striking out just as much as snider was. Snider's also two years younger and he's had more experience. I also like him a lot more in the outfield, he's a really good fielder with a good arm and nice speed.. I'd take him in left any day.

Hey, guess I still have some faith in the guy.

Comment

• Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
                            I don't see Thames as being as good as snider, he's really not doing so well now.. I'm pretty sure snider did as well or better in his first time up in the big leagues too, he's striking out just as much as snider was. Snider's also two years younger and he's had more experience. I also like him a lot more in the outfield, he's a really good fielder with a good arm and nice speed.. I'd take him in left any day.
                            I agree. Thames started off really hot but now 4 months later we see that he's developed some bad habits. I'd have to say that he's still not really ready for the big leagues yet.

Comment

• No more Johnny Mac?! Say it ain't so!!

Comment

• Good trade for the Jays. Johnson's WAR and UZR is vastly better than Hill's. If he declines salary arbitration and decides to walk, the Jays get compsensation picks for him - and he could perhaps land in type-A FA status, landing the Jays a couple of first round picks. This is essentially a 5-6 week audition for Johnson. If he stinks it up and walks at the end of the year, Hill could always come back to the Jays at a reduced salary. I think Johnny Mac will as well.

I have a feeling that the Jays will make a run at Fielder in the off-season and could deal Snider (and perhaps Lind) for some front end starting pitching.

Comment

Working...
                                X