No announcement yet.

The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McGowan lost alot of velocity. Seemed like he was pitching 91 last time.

Comment

• Prime wrote: View Post
      McGowan lost alot of velocity. Seemed like he was pitching 91 last time.
      I thought he was pitching around 93-94 a lot tbh :S and he can still hit 97.. He hit 97 when he pitched too..

Comment

• How sweet would it be to see Fielder in a Jays uni? *fingers crossed*

It appears the Toronto Blue Jays are still in the running for free agent slugger Prince Fielder.

According CBSCleveland.com, Fielder has shortened his list of possible destinations down to three teams that includes the Blue Jays, the Texas Rangers and the Milwaukee Brewers. And the report indicates the Jays are the favourites right now.

The Blue Jays would like to add Fielder to complement AL home run king Jose Bautista on offence as well as solidify first base defensively.
        Source - Click here

Comment

• Haha was JUST coming in to post this.

According to MULTIPLE sources, not only are the Jays in the running, they are the leaders in the Race for his services.

This is BIG. With Fielder and Bautista, thats a return of the Bash Bros. like McGwire and Canseco back in the day!

Wouldn't put it past AA to go out and pick up an Ace for the Bullpen too.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            Haha was JUST coming in to post this.

According to MULTIPLE sources, not only are the Jays in the running, they are the leaders in the Race for his services.

This is BIG. With Fielder and Bautista, thats a return of the Bash Bros. like McGwire and Canseco back in the day!

Wouldn't put it past AA to go out and pick up an Ace for the Bullpen too.
            fielder's awesome although i'd rather have pujols fielder is still sick.

Go sign a guy like Oswalt and get some bullpen guys and we're set.

Oswalt is on the cheap after a bad year. but,still better than every one we have, save romero.

we could then deal a pitching prospect and another prospect to the a's and get some bullpen guys in return. If Fielder comes, then it's a way more attractive destination.

We could probably lure Madson to be our closer.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
              How sweet would it be to see Fielder in a Jays uni? *fingers crossed*

Source - Click here
              Just after I read that rumor last night I read this article by Richard Griffin basically shooting it down. Too bad, but I hope we actually are in the running.

http://thestar.blogs.com/baseball/20...-unlikely.html

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                fielder's awesome although i'd rather have pujols fielder is still sick.

Go sign a guy like Oswalt and get some bullpen guys and we're set.

Oswalt is on the cheap after a bad year. but,still better than every one we have, save romero.

we could then deal a pitching prospect and another prospect to the a's and get some bullpen guys in return. If Fielder comes, then it's a way more attractive destination.

We could probably lure Madson to be our closer.
                Only thing for me, is that Fielder is Younger than Pujols, and Pujols likely won't be leaving the Cards. I wouldn't be against picking up either of them though. haha

And my thoughts exactly on making Toronto a more attractive destination.
                Fielder could be huge for the Blue Jays. And not just on the diamond.

Comment

• Perhaps Prince is a little nostalgic too with his dad playing here back in the 80's. Highly unlikely, but a fan can dream can't he?

Comment

• Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                    Perhaps Prince is a little nostalgic too with his dad playing here back in the 80's. Highly unlikely, but a fan can dream can't he?
                    HAH! Great point Doc.

Cecil didn't spend much time here, but seeing as we were the first Major League club he hooked onto (I think) he certainly must have some fond memories of the City ... I hope.
                    Regardless, I'm sure he's helping his boy make a tough decision.

Actually just did a little research.. Prince was born in 1984, (in Ontario, California. Funny little coincidence) But since his Cecil was with the Jays from 1983 til 1988, its not a stretch to imagine that Prince spent a little bit of time in the city.
                    Last edited by Joey; Mon Dec 5, 2011, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• I'm don't recall the reasoning for it, but I know Prince and Cecil don't talk at all anymore...

Here's a little bit more into it: http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...o-do-with-him/

Comment

• Wow ... I had no idea.

Well that whole bit I said about "helping his boy make a tough decision" is clearly bologna. Whoops.

Thanks for the heads-up Mack!!

Comment

• Cecil and Prince are pretty much estranged, but over the years, the two have tried to make attempts to reconcile - there is still a lot of work to do, but it's getting a bit better.

As for Prince having memories of being in Toronto, Cecil was only in Toronto from 1985 to 1988. Prince was born in 1984, so I don't think he has many memories of being in this city. If anything, he would have more memories of Detroit because he was older when Cecil played there. But, back on topic of the Jays and Prince Fielder, I would give him 5 years and 20 mil per. It would co-incide with the ending of Bautista's contract. He's a pretty durable player and he's a OBP machine. He would give Bautista the protection he needs. If the Jays are successful in acquiring him, look for the Jays to shop Adam Lind. Perhaps packaging him with a prospect to the White Sox for John Danks.

I love the trade that AA made today. Sergio Santos for Nestor Molina. Jays finally have a closer, and hopefully Frank Franciso accepts arbitration and have him back as a set-up man.

Comment

• I'm okay with the Santos/Molina deal. Santos was very good last year and his stuff is excellent. Good xFIP and his K/9 is 11.5 over two years. He walks too many but the strikeouts make up for it. Plus, that's a very friendly team contract ($1mm this year?!) they have him on when you look at what a guy like Heath Bell got paid. For a guy who is a bona fide high leverage reliever his contract is fantastic.

Not crazy about having Francisco back. I'd rather have the draft pick.

The Fielder thing seems like a pipe dream. AA has said he won't go over 5 years. Now, who knows what that really means but the market can't be that soft for Fielder. Can it? Someone's gonna give him 8 years. Aren't they? At 5 years, don't the Brewers just jump back in and make an offer? I am interested to see how both Pujols and Fielder play out cause it seems like there isn't much of a market for either guy, at least not at the 8-10 year $200+ million level....

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                              Cecil and Prince are pretty much estranged, but over the years, the two have tried to make attempts to reconcile - there is still a lot of work to do, but it's getting a bit better.

As for Prince having memories of being in Toronto, Cecil was only in Toronto from 1985 to 1988. Prince was born in 1984, so I don't think he has many memories of being in this city. If anything, he would have more memories of Detroit because he was older when Cecil played there.
                              True. But he still may have spent time here as a child.

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                              But, back on topic of the Jays and Prince Fielder, I would give him 5 years and 20 mil per. It would co-incide with the ending of Bautista's contract. He's a pretty durable player and he's a OBP machine. He would give Bautista the protection he needs.
                              Having Fielder behind Bautista will be very similar to Ryan Braun and Fielder in Milwaukee.
                              And many say Fielder is a big reason Braun won the MVP.

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                              I love the trade that AA made today. Sergio Santos for Nestor Molina.
                              Was very happy to see this as well. Santos should be able to be our go to guy in Save situations.
                              If he maintains, he'll be the best closer the Jays have had since Kelvim Escobar in 2001. And he was DAMN good.

Comment

• Looks like both Rauch and Francisco became expendable, they just signed with the Mets!

http://www.thescore.com/home/article...auch-francisco

Comment

Working...
                                X