Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wallz wrote: View Post
    Yankees get Tanaka... what a surprise
    Wanted to see him in a Dodger uniform.... in the National League. With the posting fee, that's $175 million over 7 years. Wow.

At least now the other pitching free agents will be willing to sign. Jays should be able to get one of the quality starters available. Interesting to see what Dodgers, Cubs, Sox do as well.

Comment

• That Tanaka contract is insane. 5th highest pitcher contract ever? Absolutely crazy. Plus, opt out after year 4? Damn Yankees.

Comment

• On the positive side, the Yanks have spent $500 million this winter and still have Brian Roberts and Kelly Johnson starting at 2B and 3B. Plus, the corpse of Derer Jeter at SS. So there's that.....

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          On the positive side, the Yanks have spent $500 million this winter and still have Brian Roberts and Kelly Johnson starting at 2B and 3B. Plus, the corpse of Derer Jeter at SS. So there's that.....
          They'll find a way to compete unfortunately.. they always do

Comment

• As for the Jays, I'm hoping for Garza. Might not be enough to put the team over the top but at least the potential for a playoff ballclub will be there

Comment

• wallz wrote: View Post
              As for the Jays, I'm hoping for Garza. Might not be enough to put the team over the top but at least the potential for a playoff ballclub will be there
              The talk has been more about Ubaldo Jiminez or Ervin Santana.

Comment

The talk has been more about Ubaldo Jiminez or Ervin Santana.
                Less sold on those two, as they have up and down seasons . Surely they'll have a bad season with Toronto and the blame will be on the dome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wanted to see him in a Dodger uniform.... in the National League. With the posting fee, that's $175 million over 7 years. Wow.

At least now the other pitching free agents will be willing to sign. Jays should be able to get one of the quality starters available. Interesting to see what Dodgers, Cubs, Sox do as well.
                  The dodgers are trying to get PRice out of Tampa according to reports.
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Does the 177 million include the $20 million posting fee? I was under the impression that it was separate. At any rate, it's crazy that Tanaka got that kind of money and he hasn't even pitched in the majors. I know his splitter is really good, but those guys in the Japanese League have nothing on MLB hitters. I think Tanaka won't be anywhere as good as fellow countryman Darvish, but he'll be better than Matsuzaka. But sheeeit, over $20 mil a season? That just drove up the prices of Jiminez, Santana and Garza. I believe the Jays won't sign any of them. Can't give average to slightly above average pitchers like that in excess of $15 million.
                    Last edited by MangoKid; Thu Jan 23, 2014, 12:30 AM.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                      The dodgers are trying to get PRice out of Tampa according to reports.
                      The Dodgers are going to do a soccer style transaction and give up Tampa like $50-60 million for Price's rights. I don't know who the Rays would want from the Dodgers - LA's farm system is pretty bare.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                        That just drove up the prices of Jiminez, Santana and Garza. I believe the Jays won't sign any of them. Can't give average to slightly above average pitchers like that in excess of $15 million.
                        Depends. There may be teams like the DBacks and Dodgers who wanted Tanaka but not a Jiminez or Santana. A bidding war may or may not develop. Obviously, if one does, the Jays will be out. They'll have some excuse but it will come down to not wanting to spend the money....

Comment

• So, Garza's off to Milwaukee pending medicals, which, with him, could actually be a thing.... $52 million/4 years.

Comment

• Really hoping this sets the stage for the Jays to sign either Santana or Jimenez for less money than they want

Comment

• Word is now they could pick up both jiminez and santana now. Personally i would way rather jiminez , don't trust ervin at all

Comment

• Considering both Jiminez and Santana will be immensely overpaid, it may be better to just stay with what they have and do something during the season.
                                Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X