The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Traded Lawrie for Josh Donaldson from the A's? I like it.

Nice combo with him and Reyes.
    Great combo if you can get rid of Reyes. Worst contract ever

Comment

• Thank god. We finally got rid of one of the most underrated players in Blue Jays history. Couldn't stand Lawrie. Good riddance!

Comment

• Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
        Thank god. We finally got rid of one of the most underrated players in Blue Jays history. Couldn't stand Lawrie. Good riddance!
        I think you might mean overrated lol? but all in all a hell of a trade. Brett Lawrie is a walking band-aid

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
          I think you might mean overrated lol? but all in all a hell of a trade. Brett Lawrie is a walking band-aid
          Yes. Too much beer tonight. Lawrie while I appreciated his enthusiasm, was way too overhyped. Happy to see him move on and Donaldson is one helluva a third basemen.

Comment

• Love it that Donaldson is here but Lawrie is a VERY good third baseman and a decent hitter. He should do better without the "media created hype". The first thing he should do IMO is curb his tendency to be over enthusiastic.
            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
              Love it that Donaldson is here but Lawrie is a VERY good third baseman and a decent hitter. He should do better without the "media created hype". The first thing he should do IMO is curb his tendency to be over enthusiastic.
              And to throw his helmet at umpires
              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• I always thought Lawrie had Gold Glove potential at 3rd ... but with injuries and silly mistakes that diminished .. Donaldson is locked up and is legit MVP potential, let alone Gold Glove.

Comment

• Did not realize how good Donaldson is....I am surprised the Jays were able to snag him. With Martin and JD after Bautista in the lineup...holy shit!! Need more lefy power though and doesnt look like Melky will be back.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                    Did not realize how good Donaldson is....I am surprised the Jays were able to snag him. With Martin and JD after Bautista in the lineup...holy shit!! Need more lefy power though and doesnt look like Melky will be back.
                    They bought high on one player and sold low on three. Not saying its bad but has the potential to be bad. Its the Dickey trade but at third base.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                      They bought high on one player and sold low on three. Not saying its bad but has the potential to be bad. Its the Dickey trade but at third base.
                      This deal has way more upside for us than the Dickey deal in my opinion.
                      Donaldson is still youngish and locked into a reasonable deal.

Comment

This deal has way more upside for us than the Dickey deal in my opinion.
                        Donaldson is still youngish and locked into a reasonable deal.
                        Deals is okay but the best player in the deal might be Lawrie plus we send two other players. For the A's they get a good return for a player they would have had to move eventually. Not a home run deal. Chase Headley last season would have cost less

Comment

Deals is okay but the best player in the deal might be Lawrie plus we send two other players. For the A's they get a good return for a player they would have had to move eventually. Not a home run deal. Chase Headley last season would have cost less
                          I don't see Lawrie becoming an MVP candidate in the next few years, do you?

Comment

I don't see Lawrie becoming an MVP candidate in the next few years, do you?
                            No but he does have upside. If Lawrie stays healthy A's win the trade. Lawrie has been injured but nothing that is chronic. Jays are just frustrated because of injuries and sold low on Lawrie. If one of Nolin, Gravemen and Baretto become MLB players A's win. Jays have no depth in the organization and made a 4 for 1 deal

Comment

Oh thats an exaggeration I think. Did you know that Donaldson has stats in all of the Amer. League the last couple of years second only to Mike Trout and third in all of baseball after TRout & McCutcheon (Pirates). And this was playing in the canyon ballfield in Oakland which is a pichers park. The Amer L. East on the other hand have bandboxes for stadiums comparatively. And now after all the kudos watch him fail miserably

The Bareto kid is 18 and you know about prospects ...he could be very good but a few years away while this team has a shelf life of about 2 years to do something big. The other guys...meh. Gotta make this deal...Lawrie's oblique muscle needs an overhaul...what was it 3 times since he's been here? He's a terrific fielding talent but has that awkward hitch in his swing. Iam lookingforward to the retooled batting lineup...and it's not done yet.

http://www.bluebirdbanter.com/2014/1...ion/in/7073880

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                                Oh thats an exaggeration I think. Did you know that Donaldson has stats in all of the Amer. League the last couple of years second only to Mike Trout and third in all of baseball after TRout & McCutcheon (Pirates). And this was playing in the canyon ballfield in Oakland which is a pichers park. The Amer L. East on the other hand have bandboxes for stadiums comparatively. And now after all the kudos watch him fail miserably

The Bareto kid is 18 and you know about prospects ...he could be very good but a few years away while this team has a shelf life of about 2 years to do something big. The other guys...meh. Gotta make this deal...Lawrie's oblique muscle needs an overhaul...what was it 3 times since he's been here? He's a terrific fielding talent but has that awkward hitch in his swing. Iam lookingforward to the retooled batting lineup...and it's not done yet.

http://www.bluebirdbanter.com/2014/1...ion/in/7073880
                                There is no guarantee that Donaldson will stay healthy. Hitting 29 HR in Oakland is good but the .250 avg and .350 obp are low considering the number of players given up. Its just a really high price for a team that has no depth. Disagree that the team needs pitching but there are still glaring holes at second, outfield + outfield depth and the bullpen. Toronto lost 6-7 MLB players this off season

Comment

Working...
                                X