The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great deal.

Lawrie is a dickhead and everyone knows it. even if it were talent for talent, toronto wins by subtraction.

Comment

• AA working overtime...Michael Saunders for Happ. Any thoughts? I like it.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
        AA working overtime...Michael Saunders for Happ. Any thoughts? I like it.
        Assuming Saunders can stay healthy, I love the deal. On the flipside, this only reaffirms that Melky is done as a Blue Jay.

Comment

• Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
          Assuming Saunders can stay healthy, I love the deal. On the flipside, this only reaffirms that Melky is done as a Blue Jay.
          Its Lawrie 2.0 AA isn't retooling he's just shuffling the Roster. Hope they at least attempt a try at a second baseman. Gordan Beckham isn't the worst option

Comment

• Yes Jays have saved a little but it's a lopsided deal IMO. Not that Saunders is a bad outfielder but a good back-end starter like Happ could have netted a better return.
            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• Estrada is the back end starter and Smoak is the replacement for Lind. AA is playing three card monte

Comment

• I have nothing against dealing Happ. It's just what they dealt him for that I don't agree with. I just felt that a Happ/Navaro package (both starters) could have netted us a really good return. That being said though, I'm just a fan looking from the outside.

According to AA, Sanchez will take Happ's spot in the rotation.
                Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• Thus far Brett Cecil or Loup looks to be the closers. Even if they go committee Cecil and Loup are finishing games. This should end well.

Comment

• Don't forget Estrada. With money saved (Cabrera), I hope they re-sign Jansen.
                    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• I like Saunders. He could be the nest Jason Bay.
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                        I like Saunders. He could be the nest Jason Bay.
                        Not the Mets Jason Bay I hope

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                          Not the Mets Jason Bay I hope
                          No, the Nest Jason Bay
                          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• I really like the Saunders and Donaldson pickups .. I'm cautiously optimistic after hearing Saunders won't miss too much time with his bum ankle.

Comment

• Donaldson was a good acquisition but I can't the same about Saunders. They traded a very good No.5 starter (Happ) for an OK outfielder. IMO AA's done a very poor job this off season. Addressing areas where there was no need (catcher) and not addressing areas of need (2nd basemen, 5th starter, bull-pen, closer) makes me wonder what the plan is. To make matters worse, Saunders compared to Cabrera is a downgrade and the back up catcher is unhappy. The only bright spot is Donaldson.

Being a die hard Blue Jays fan however, I hope they have a great season.
                              Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                                Donaldson was a good acquisition but I can't the same about Saunders. They traded a very good No.5 starter (Happ) for an OK outfielder. IMO AA's done a very poor job this off season. Addressing areas where there was no need (catcher) and not addressing areas of need (2nd basemen, 5th starter, bull-pen, closer) makes me wonder what the plan is. To make matters worse, Saunders compared to Cabrera is a downgrade and the back up catcher is unhappy. The only bright spot is Donaldson.

Being a die hard Blue Jays fan however, I hope they have a great season.
                                Happ is not a very good #5 starter, I have never heard anyone call him that.

Martin was worth it as well. he was worth what 5 WAR last year? Navarro's framing/catching is horribad, and he doesn't have anything on Martin, if anything, offensively. I do that deal again and again.

As for 2nd, I think AA's just gonna wait for Travis to be ready. I'm not in favour of whatever platoon they'll run, but there's an end in mind.

The bullpen does need an arm or two but I don't think it will have that large an impact anyways. The Royals had the best bullpen by WAR last year and even then it was only worth 6 WAR. A lot for one player, but for 7?

Comment

Working...
                                X